A Future Pilot

K1 Community Patch

It's great to see things working out here so positively! :D  Looking forward to giving it a try my next playthrough (which will probably be after the summer, no way can I fit a proper KotOR playthrough in my life before then!)

A Future Pilot has my happy permission to include my Droid Feat Gain Fix in the K1 Unofficial Patch

Thank you so much for the permission!

Just so everyone knows, my newborn daughter is currently in the NICU, and probably will be for a month or so, so it will be a little while before I get v1.1 out. So I haven't dropped off the map, just real life is more important right now :)

• Like 7

Just so everyone knows, my newborn daughter is currently in the NICU, and probably will be for a month or so, so it will be a little while before I get v1.1 out. So I haven't dropped off the map, just real life is more important right now :D

Sending good vibes your way, all the best.

• Like 1

So even with everything going on right now, I managed to grab a little bit of free time and push out v1.1. It doesn't include all the fixes I wanted it to, but it's still got more fixes than v1.0. Thanks to Thrak Farelle and Kexikus for their additions to this version!

• Like 1

It just occurred to me - have you fixed Canderous’ quest, where the quest doesn’t update if you don’t deal with Jagi a certain way? I think K1R didn’t, although I may be wrong there (I haven’t played it for a while, and not reached that part in my playthrough with the newest one in any case).

On 6/4/2018 at 2:32 AM, LiliArch said:

It just occurred to me - have you fixed Canderous’ quest, where the quest doesn’t update if you don’t deal with Jagi a certain way? I think K1R didn’t, although I may be wrong there (I haven’t played it for a while, and not reached that part in my playthrough with the newest one in any case).

Sorry I never got back to you on this! I've included the fix you sent me now, so yes, it's fixed ;) Thank you BTW!

The mission not wearing clothes thing happens because it uses a separate utc record for mission, if she isn't already in your party. You could just slap some clothes on that file and be done with it, but getting her to actually match the Mission in the party is going to be rather difficult. I tried decompiling the scripts related to the scene, but dencs failed on most of them, and I couldn't get any farther than that.

31 minutes ago, darthbdaman said:

The mission not wearing clothes thing happens because it uses a separate utc record for mission, if she isn't already in your party. You could just slap some clothes on that file and be done with it, but getting her to actually match the Mission in the party is going to be rather difficult. I tried decompiling the scripts related to the scene, but dencs failed on most of them, and I couldn't get any farther than that.

Assuming I can "get" Mission as an object when she's not in your party, my plan is to just check whatever clothing she's wearing and equip the mission.utc with them dynamically (headgear, clothing, and belt) when she spawns. We'll see how it goes! :)

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that K1CP now includes an optional fix for the default Sith soldier texture. It was incorrectly set in the model to be the 3rd style texture (the bright shiny metal everyone is used to), when it should be the 1st style texture (a semi-gloss white). Because this is a major change, I've made it a separate download, but there it is. I'm planning on getting screenshots uploaded this evening for comparison.\

NOTE: The sith soldiers on Korriban still use the bright shiny textures, but the ones on the Endar Spire (and possibly Leviathan...I forget) use the "new" white texture that they were always supposed to use.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, A Future Pilot said:

It was incorrectly set in the model

Your basis for this assertion? I'm pretty sure Bioware had a handle on what they were doing. I'd put this in the "unnecessary restored content" bracket. If the community patch is supposed to be about bug fixes, this doesn't belong, even as a separate download. It should be a separate mod.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Your basis for this assertion? I'm pretty sure Bioware had a handle on what they were doing. I'd put this in the "unnecessary restored content" bracket. If the community patch is supposed to be about bug fixes, this doesn't belong, even as a separate download. It should be a separate mod.

There are three textures for Sith soldiers labeled N_SithSoldier01-03. There are also 3 appearances for them in appearance.2da labeled Sith_Soldier01-03. Sith_Soldier01 defaults to the race texture (the texture set in the model) while Sith_Soldier03 specifically uses the N_SithSoldier03 texture. The model is set to use N_SithSoldier03 which makes Sith_Soldier01 and Sith_Soldier03 redundant. However both are used throughout the game, generally all in an entire area (so one whole area will use 01 while another would use 03).

Given the number of bugs, some of them extremely obvious, I'm not convinced that "Bioware had a handle on what they were doing". Had they only used one of the Sith appearances throughout the game, I would agree that this would be a restoration of an unused texture. However, they purposefully used both types of appearances, which leads me to believe the model texture is what's at fault here.

As I said though, it is a rather huge change, which is why I've left it as an optional download.

EDIT: I realized after posting that this may have come across as adversarial, and if so I apologize, that wasn't my intention. Also, even though I think this is a fix, this is the Community patch, so if most others disagree with me, I'll host it as a separate mod.

Just stopping by to testify that I've allowed permission for various fixes from my Korriban: Back in Black mod. I think the robe stuff should be kept as a separate mod, as it's an aesthetic change and not really a bug fix, but even though I was only intending to make aesthetic changes I ended up fixing lots of bugs in the process and it makes sense to allow those. The ones we specifically talked about are the appearance fixes for the guards and Bandon's entourage, incorrect and missing soundsets, missing weapons, gender swaps, Dak's inventory, and the reorientation stuff.

I'd like to propose something regarding the Sith Textures:

By default there are only a couple places where the Sith_Soldier_03 appearance is used: the guard at the Korriban Academy entrance, and a couple of the Elite Troopers. I'm considering including the alternate version of the Sith Texture mod; leaving all the SIth_Soldier_01 appearances as default, but changing the Sith_Soldier_03 to the white texture. Along with this change, I would correct the incorrect Elite appearances throughout the game. This way normal Sith Troopers would be silver, Heavy Troopers and Grenadiers would be red, and Elite or Command Troopers would be white. This would also fix several places where there's no differentiation between Elite Troopers and standard ones.

What do y'all think of that?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, A Future Pilot said:

This way normal Sith Troopers would be silver, Heavy Troopers and Grenadiers would be red, and Elite or Command Troopers would be white. This would also fix several places where there's no differentiation between Elite Troopers and standard ones.

What do y'all think of that?

I am sorry but, I think there would be too much awesomeness on this idea! :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ebmar said:

I am sorry but, I think there would be too much awesomeness on this idea! :cheers:

Thanks for the input! I ended up deciding it better fit my Sith Texture Restoration mod, so I've added it there :)

• Like 2

On 7/6/2018 at 10:34 PM, darthbdaman said:

I would rather he didn't, that mod isn't a fix

I was thinking I would give him his Jedi robe in his inventory, so there's no change to what he has available, it would just let you see his custom clothing like you can everybody else's. Since someone objected though, I'll let some other people weigh in before adding it.

I think the devs at Bioware intended for Calo's stats and items to be different, depending on which planet the player visits first. It would be nice if the installer had a custom install option.

Other than that, great patch!

6 hours ago, SalaciousCrumb said:

I think the devs at Bioware intended for Calo's stats and items to be different, depending on which planet the player visits first. It would be nice if the installer had a custom install option.

Other than that, great patch!

Is there anything in the files to indicate that?

I know that in vnilla, his loot can be missing a few items, but I've not heard anything about his stats based on which planet you go to first

3 hours ago, 134340Goat said:

Is there anything in the files to indicate that?

I know that in vnilla, his loot can be missing a few items, but I've not heard anything about his stats based on which planet you go to first

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/Quest_for_the_Star_Forge#Calo_Nord

Both his stats and items differ from planet to planet.

I don't know if there are any files that indicate this was done deliberately but it seems so to me.