A Future Pilot

K1 Community Patch

I'd say no to that one. Fixing a bug is one thing. But while a lot of the dialogue options are indeed hokey or just plain silly sometimes, it isn't something unintended on the part of the devs

Also, to address this

That doesn't matter, since there's an unlockable/breakable box at the Czerka camp that contains 3 glands

You make a good point regarding the dialog. I think I'll keep it out.

Regarding the Tach, something that has happened to me on multiple playthroughs without thinking is having already grabbed the glands in the chest and sold them before actually getting back to Griff. I personally consider a quest that is uncompletable because of not knowing to do things in a certain order a bug. (Now this doesn't apply to things like the Manaan missions after you can no longer return there, because that's a result of in-game choices.)

However, maybe the best way to correct this is to simply spawn a single tach gland in that chest if you have the quest from Griff, but don't have a gland in your inventory when entering the module. What do you think of that?

I received permission from blennus via email to include his Comprehensive Bug Fixes hosted on nexusmods. @The Admins: how would you like me to prove it?

In my case, emails were considered insufficient.

I was told to bring the modders here to confirm their permission.

• Like 2

I'd like some opinions on something:

It's always bothered me that once HK-47's stimuli is triggered, he claims that he is fully functional, but he doesn't have the abilities that he's granted through going through the repair process with him. Is this in y'all's opinions a bug that should be fixed, or just the way it was intended (in which case I'll make a separate mod cause it still bothers me lol).

I'd like some opinions on something:

It's always bothered me that once HK-47's stimuli is triggered, he claims that he is fully functional, but he doesn't have the abilities that he's granted through going through the repair process with him. Is this in y'all's opinions a bug that should be fixed, or just the way it was intended (in which case I'll make a separate mod cause it still bothers me lol).

Have to say, that's always bugged me, though I think whether it's considered a bug, oversight, or just part of the game will vary depending on opinion, so if it was me, I'd do it as a separate mod, but that's just my two cents!

With regards to the mod, currently discussing with A Future Pilot over PM, will update this thread with my permission once that point has been reached!

I just finished compiling the mods I've been given permission for so far into a TSLPatcher mod.

I got a pretty large number of warnings like so: "Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\293\EntriesList\1\Active, skipping..."

Does that mean there's an actual problem with the GFF file that it's trying to copy, or can that be ignored?

I just finished compiling the mods I've been given permission for so far into a TSLPatcher mod.

I got a pretty large number of warnings like so: "Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\293\EntriesList\1\Active, skipping..."

Does that mean there's an actual problem with the GFF file that it's trying to copy, or can that be ignored?

It does sound like a more serious issue, but I can't really tell you what's going on exactly.

It does sound like a more serious issue, but I can't really tell you what's going on exactly.

I figured out the issue I believe. It's a problem with .dlg files: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/3220-partyswap/?p=39530

I switched to Fair Strides modified version of TSLPatcher, and it fixed the issue.

A Future Pilot has my permission to use my Human Xor Restoration mod.

Thank you very much!

Blennus here, he has my permission to include my fixes.

And thanks to you too! :D

I've already given permission to A Future Pilot to use my mods in his collection. But just for the admins' sake, I'll post it here as well. 

A Future Pilot has my permission to use my mods in his collection, including future mods. 

I've already given permission to A Future Pilot to use my mods in his collection. But just for the admins' sake, I'll post it here as well. 

A Future Pilot has my permission to use my mods in his collection, including future mods. 

Thank you very much! :)

administrators really need to make a official thread or pinned topic for approved mods so people don't have to keep asking for approval or will just turn into another disasters like last time...

people can approve or disapprove mods anytime they want under the thread or pinned topic like a list of approval for future references

administrators really need to make a official thread or pinned topic for approved mods so people don't have to keep asking for approval or will just turn into another disasters like last time...

people can approve or disapprove mods anytime they want under the thread or pinned topic like a list of approval for future references

No. People want to grant permission on a mod-by-mod basis. There is also no easier way to see which permissions a mod has received than keeping it in that mod's thread.

• Like 1

So I'm working on the bugs reported by Mr. Ardvark, and I'm trying to figure out why Belaya attacks with her fists.

She has a lightsaber in her inventory, but she doesn't draw it for several combat rounds. If I place one in her hand from the get-go, she'll attack with it right off, but then she's holding a lightsaber for the dialog.

Does anyone have any ideas what's up with that?

I've got a slight suggestion if you don't want Belaya to hold a lightsaber while in dialogue. Perhaps you could script it so right as she yells "For Juhani!" she equips and draws her lightsaber. Looking at a youtube video, I don't think "For Juhani!" is a separate line though, so you might have to splice it off the one voice clip and make it play separately after.

I think I could actually attach that to the script that makes her an enemy. Thanks for the idea!

A side note to other mod authors, If a dialog (or .are, or .ifo, etc.) calls a script what is the better way to deal with things:

1. Change the dialog file to call your custom script file, then call the original script from your custom script

or

2. Change the name of the original script and name your custom script the same as the original. Then call the original from your custom script.

The benefit number 2 has IMO is one less file to modify. However, you then have a custom script in your Override folder that is named the same as an original script.

Thoughts?

P.S. In this particular case, I can decompile the script file. But I'm moreso thinking about when I can't.

So I'm working on the bugs reported by Mr. Ardvark, and I'm trying to figure out why Belaya attacks with her fists.

She has a lightsaber in her inventory, but she doesn't draw it for several combat rounds. If I place one in her hand from the get-go, she'll attack with it right off, but then she's holding a lightsaber for the dialog.

Does anyone have any ideas what's up with that?

I think I fixed that by using DelayCommands when equipping her weapon:

void main() {
	object oPC = GetFirstPC();
	ChangeToStandardFaction(OBJECT_SELF, 1);
 	DelayCommand(0.4, ActionEquipMostDamagingMelee());
	DelayCommand(0.5, ActionAttack(oPC, 0));
}

I can't remember if that actually worked but that's what I did^^

And for your second question: I'd go with option 2. While that puts a custom script with a vanilla name in the Override, it has the advantage of not touching dialog files. The reason for why I find that advantageous is that TSLPatcher can easily run into problems with dlg files and I think that's why many people just copy their edited dialog files into the Override instead of using TSLPatcher and then you'd run into incompabilites if you were to edit the dialog for your script. Unless your mod is installed last but I don't think anyone is going to do that with an unofficial patch.

What's wrong with that? Many Kotor NPCs talk with a lightsaber at hand during dialogues.

It's great to see things working out here so positively! :)  Looking forward to giving it a try my next playthrough (which will probably be after the summer, no way can I fit a proper KotOR playthrough in my life before then!)

A Future Pilot has my happy permission to include my Droid Feat Gain Fix in the K1 Unofficial Patch

• Like 1