Sign in to follow this  
seeker0x

Improved Dueling Feat

So, when u become a Weapon Master in Kotor 2, you get improved Two Weapon Fighting... but not a thing bout Dueling. So i would like to request a mod who should change this.

Improved Dueling

Lv 1 - +4 Attack and Defense + 1 Damage
Lv 2 - +5 Attack and Defense + 2 Damage
Lv 3 - +6 Attack and Defense + 3 Damage
PS: All levels replace the others one.

The Two Handed still stronger, but now dueling has Defense to counter it

*  I thought putting more 0,5% of damage on max level... but could make the Two handed advantage sink... Or maybe, could enhance the Force Strength or Will...

I wish there was a mod to add these in since I use the dueling feats for my own characters. Unfortunately, the game's feats are a hardcoded element of the game. These threads explain some things better.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/5764-requestk1-change-feats-at-level-up/

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/5744-how-to-edit-and-create-feats/

Couldn't you add 3 items instead (maybe armbands?)? They'd do what seeker0x listed, but one would require dueling 1, the next dueling 2 and the final one dueling 3. One would either get them after picking their advanced class or you could put them onto some bodies as loot during the end game.

Couldn't you add 3 items instead (maybe armbands?)? They'd do what seeker0x listed, but one would require dueling 1, the next dueling 2 and the final one dueling 3. One would either get them after picking their advanced class or you could put them onto some bodies as loot during the end game.

I never thought of that.

Of course, someone would have to add some scripting to get the items to appear in-game. Maybe make them as a vendor purchase or have them appear around the time of the player's prestige class choice. I wouldn't want to have those armbands drop at the tail end of the game, though. You could do something like this implant did in the screenshot below.

post-30428-0-53186800-1523580726_thumb.png

Implants or armbands, it has been done before, and it's a great idea. 

There are plenty of mods that do this. For example, in k1, armbands were able to replicate the effects of lightsaber forms via their stats, either diminishing some stat or improving another, plus strength, negative blaster reflect etc.... 

Since this is basically a simple UTI edit with the kotor tool to create a new item, you could easily do this yourself. After you created the items, then you'd have to either cheat them into the game, or, as mellowtron11 said, find a way to get them into the game via script, utc, or utm editing. 

If you clarified what stats you wanted for these armbands, and what pre-requisites you wanted for each armband. Because, I'm not entirely sure what you want at the moment. Then I could offer to walk you through creating this mod, or simply making it for you. 

• Like 1

You could even use creature hide items, i.e. hidden items that the player cannot access ingame. That way you wouldn't block one of the regular item slots.

In that case you'd have to add them via script however, maybe with a heartbeat script checking for the feat or something like that. And you'd have to be careful that you don't accidently replace one of the vanilla creature hide items.

• Like 1

Couldn't you also place an NPC merchant into one of the modules with this item, or pop this item into one of the existing merchants' inventory?