Sith Holocron

Remaking the Loading Screens

Which skybox replacement do you prefer for Dantooine?  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which skybox replacement do you prefer for Dantooine?

• More Vibrant Skies 1.0 by Malkior
    • K2 Exterior Textures, Part 1 by Vurt

::sigh::

After making 70 loading screens, it looks like I've been offered a new filter to use.  On one hand, the thought that I'll have to add filters to the 70 pictures I have is wearying.  On the other, I can't decide which I like better.  If you don't respond, I'll not expend the extra effort.

Which filter is better?

A

mzmxJYL.png

B

0ecSJor.png

I'm letting the poll for the Dantooine skybox question run for a few days so if you like the new filter better, I can redo the loading screens in the meantime. I would have to remake two of the loading screens from scratch though - one of which I am unwilling to do. (As I wiped my TSL install trying to get Korriban Expansion to work correctly, that will be a real pain in the butt.)

Leaving aside the aesthetics and focusing on the mechanics of doing the filter, does Gimp have any sort of batch/macro/script processing functionality? Doing any repetitive task like that manually means you are doing it wrong.

As I wiped my TSL install trying to get Korriban Expansion to work correctly, that will be a real pain in the butt.

Forgot to backup your game files?

Which filter is better?

B

Damn, I forgot.  How do I change the Red Eclipse from hostile to neutral?

In Kotor Tool go to "004ebo_s.rim" and open the utc files "008" and "009",  go to the advanced tab, click the faction box and change hostile to neutral, save and place in override. (Make sure you remove them when you are done)

I have no god damn idea.

Looks like Googling "gimp batch watermark" will probably turn up the sort of thing you need. Try Youtube, I'm sure there will be some videos that walk through the process.

Worth a look. Thanks!

Update:  Sorry if I've been short with anyone.  I've encountered some technical problems with loading the Red Eclipse modules, finding out I've deleted files that I shouldn't have (the aforementioned Red Eclipse modules) and whatnot, and it's been trying.  The anger is directed towards me but I fear someone of you may have caught some of the nastiness.  Again sorry about that . . . and thanks for all of the assistance that I've been given.

Korriban. . . conquered!

tDWIVO8.png

One planet left to go so get your votes in by tonight (Alaska time).

Update: I will very likely be releasing the collections in TPC format (rather than TGA format) which has the distinct advantage of lower file sizes. This is especially nice considering my lousy "island internet" that I have to deal with.

You won't actually see any benefit in the upload (or the download for endusers), as any gains you make in the TPC compression, you lose in the archive compression. The difference will be in drive space required for the enduser, which may be of relevance if the file count is high enough. Just be aware of the image quality tradeoff you have to make for it though. You might want to test some samples before you batch convert the lot.

If you wondering why the thread was locked before, I must have done that when trying to close the poll. It was not intentional. Anyway . . .

I've made all of the loading screens now. I'm going to attach the loadscreens.2da here and hopefully, I have not royally messed it up. Input welcome!

loadscreens.7z

Why would you modify the loadscreens.2da for a mod that replaces the textures?

(Does that file even DO anything?)

Why would you modify the loadscreens.2da for a mod that replaces the textures?

(Does that file even DO anything?)

Read the thread.

I am, can't find it... and considering we didn't even touch it either, it's obviously not required to add/replace loadingscreens

Very interesting... I always figured that file was useless entirely and just adding load_x .tga's would be all. After all missing loading screens (853 for example) defaulted to regular, and adding non-existing module loadscreens worked just fine.

Might not work for the mods in the add-on pack though without it.

By the way, the consistent readers may have noticed me mention "bonus mods". I've just uploaded the first one.

Hmmm, will you include screens for the base game Coruscant (950COR) or the Telos Shuttle (235TEL)?

I considered 950COR (Coruscant) load screen but I was taken aback on how quickly and seamlessly it goes from the Ebon Hawk to the scene of the Trial.  There's no load screen normally there so I'd just be adding time.  To add one now would be a pointless gesture on my part.

As for 235TEL, what did you have in mind?

The Coruscant module is loaded when you leave the Academy (you'll get the base game screen loading screen then). After that cutscene is done (and Handmaiden joins for males) 003EBO is loaded.

I suppose a focused shot on Atton flying maybe? Or a still from the bik? It's your mod :P

I wouldn't want to have Atton because someone else's Atton might look different than mine - and that's leaving aside what sort of clothing he's wearing and so on.

The BIK is pretty low resolution but . . . I might be able to cook something up. I'll work on it and send you a PM with a concept.

Update: Might anyone the name of the model for the shuttle that has the wings down already and in flight - like the ones flying outside the windows in Citadel Station?

If you are offering, I'd appreciate it. Hopefully the simple Model Viewer will be able to work with it.

I'm just hoping to get aft-view hi-res shot of the shuttle with the wings down.  Then I'll just put that on top of a space field with Telos in it and I could call it a day