Sith Holocron

Remaking the Loading Screens

Which skybox replacement do you prefer for Dantooine?  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which skybox replacement do you prefer for Dantooine?

• More Vibrant Skies 1.0 by Malkior
    • K2 Exterior Textures, Part 1 by Vurt

Could I request for the Carth meeting loading screen you instead display Carth simply starring out the window showing his whole body instead of this close up portrait of his face. I believe at some point in the cutscene he does face out the window so it is possible.

• Like 2

Could I request for the Carth meeting loading screen you instead display Carth simply starring out the window showing his whole body instead of this close up portrait of his face. I believe at some point in the cutscene he does face out the window so it is possible.

I need more feedback from others before I take requests.

He's not aimed at the window long enough in the scene. That doesn't give me enough time to use GLIntercept to get behind him to take a shot. That's probably beyond me - so it's a no go.

So . . . like this?

pAAqLIL.png

It does at least make it more organic of a shot. However, I like the idea behind this "request" for perhaps different reasons.

The reason why I like this shot is because Carth's face is obscured, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the loadscreen kind of spoils the surprise reveal since it plays before the scene starts.

• Like 1

Something along those lines, but maybe further back/a wider shot. Possibly it may require breaking out of the cutscene to do.

Or I just turn one of my other characters into Carth ... that I could do.

edt5f8G.png

Time for some crowd sourcing . . .

I haven't been satisfied with screens for the Swoops tracks on Citadel Station, Nar Shaddaa, and Onderon. I need to get HUD-free, wide screenshots of each of the Swoop tracks in KOTOR2. They all have different swoops and tracks so I'd screenshots for each one. Could any of you take some dynamic in-game shots on each track that I could use for my Loading Screen project? Post your submission here!  If used, you'll be included in the credits as a contributor!  If not used, you'll still be included in the credits - as long as it's not a joke shot.)

Back to Admiral Onasi . . . 

Not having access to the cutscene room that Carth appears in has made it difficult for me to take a behind the shoulder (or back) screen shot. On what map shall I place Carth looking out the window? I gave an example above but I think I can do better. I also think I placed him too far away from the camera as well.

Remember that 205TEL doesn't technically exist - it's just the 204TEL layout (Residential 082 West), so you should be able to use exactly the same room as Carth. If it is behind a locked door you can just use one of those armbands that will let you unlock doors.

I've had to learn so many things for this project . . . so that's a good thing!

How is this shot compared to the others?

2DeMbcl.png

That looks like the wrong room. The position for Admiral Onasi that I see in the GIT is -78.19, -50.838, 0.0:

TSL_205TEL_Carth_01_TH.jpg

Which equates to here:

TSL_205TEL_Carth_02_TH.jpg TSL_205TEL_Carth_03_TH.jpg

You can get there via this locked door behind Moza and Chodo in the Ithorian Compound:

TSL_205TEL_Carth_04_TH.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't been satisfied with screens for the Swoops tracks on Citadel Station, Nar Shaddaa, and Onderon. I need to get HUD-free, wide screenshots of each of the Swoop tracks in KOTOR2. They all have different swoops and tracks so I'd screenshots for each one.

It's possible to get rid of swoop minigame altogether and convert the tracks to regular modules. This would let you run around in them and take whatever pictures you want, though you would lose the swoop bike (which could be composited back on) and possibly all the other minigame items like the mines and accelerator pads.

I believe I already have done that for each swoop track, though I'll have to dig through my files to make sure I can package it into something that can be installed easily. So let me know if you want to try that method.

Taking the pictures of the track isn't the problem. I have that issue solved with GLINTERCEPT. However, it's the compositing that is the issue. I don't have Photoshop and maybe that's why my previous attempts have been frankly thought of as crap. I thought I would let someone else take a crack at it.

Here's an example so you can see.

vf1b0DH.png

Even if I get no submissions, I'll still complete the package. I'll just not include the swoop screens and JC's image correction. (See the initial post.)

• Like 1

There shouldn't really be too much you can do with PS that you can't do with Gimp. The base functionality is all the same, it's just missing a few PS specific things like content-aware fill (and people managed just fine before that was invented).

• Like 1

I think people can honestly live without the Swoop Loading Screens in the initial release.  I can always change my mind later and bring them out as a small add-on pack.  I'm already doing that with the loading screens for the larger content mods that provide their loading screens.  Seeing as I've not a great familiarity with GIMP, I'd rather not rush it at the moment.   I always have time to learn the darn thing now that it's on my computer.

It's not all bad news, folks.  In addition to the main pack and what I'm calling the "add-on" pack, I'll also be presenting a few other small mods as well.  I plan to release them all in one day.  That should be interesting as I've never done a big splash like that. 

If you're not keeping track:  Besides the swoop stuff, here's what's left to do.

Dantooine

Korriban

I actually think that swoop screenshot you took looks really nice and with the loading screen filter thing over it might look better.

• Like 1

The next thing I make loading screens will be Dantooine. I'll be using the Vurt's K2 Exterior Textures, Part 1 for most of the Dantooine textures. However, but for the skybox replacement, which do you folks prefer:

More Vibrant Skies 1.0 by Malkior

or

K2 Exterior Textures, Part 1 by Vurt

Register your vote in the poll. (Scroll to the top of the page if you've missed it.)

Update: I will not be doing loading screens for Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion.

Update 09DEC2020: Actually I wound up caving on that point in 2019. KE is represented currently in the Add-On Pack.