Haveayap

Gamefront

I never knew it went away again

How did you miss the, "Gamefront is going away, Nexus is re-releasing everyone's mods!" debacle?

The responses ranged from, "Nexus is the savior of humanity and the mods from my childhood!" to; "Nexus' blatant disrespect of authorship and their own policies is an atrocity next to genocide!"

A good time was had by all.

• Like 3

Direct link to KotOR1 games: Link

Direct link to KotOR2 games: Link

I tested a few of the links on the KotOR2 page and it doesn't look like everything is quite set up yet.

How did you miss the, "Gamefront is going away, Nexus is re-releasing everyone's mods!" debacle?

The responses ranged from, "Nexus is the savior of humanity and the mods from my childhood!" to; "Nexus' blatant disrespect of authorship and their own policies is an atrocity next to genocide!"

A good time was had by all.

I'd thought it came back since then.

I ended up on gamefront a few days ago by accident and saw it up. I didn't think twice about it.

It's gone up and down so many times now it is hard to keep them straight.

I checked up on some of the files again and was able to download them all. While I still have a burning sense of nostalgia for the old FF layout, having access to old mods is more than worth the sacrifice.

I guess we can *officially* say that Gamefront is back?

Can't my old, crappy mods go away already??

Maybe you could create a thinktank of modders to improve your original mods and then delete the older versions?

I wonder: Could Gamefront request that Nexus mods remove "their" mods?

Seems unlikely and pointless.

So the nexus network have the rights to gamefront now? I do like the new design tbh. Much easier to navigate. I was only notified myself a few days ago on steam that gamefront was back up. I didnt really dig much much deeper than checking to see if the link worked

So the nexus network have the rights to gamefront now? I do like the new design tbh. Much easier to navigate. I was only notified myself a few days ago on steam that gamefront was back up. I didnt really dig much much deeper than checking to see if the link worked

No, Nexus decided to "save" all the old mods by mass uploading them to their own site. Regardless or people's views on the matter, it made a huge mess of the KotOR Nexus section filled with buggy, outdated, and incompatible mods.

• Like 1

In the latest news nexus removed all gamefront mods from their site(or at least hid them).

Check nexus's news feed . It is an interesting situation (but it won't restore your faith in humanity).

• Like 1

Seems like no matter how long I'm away...I always manage to hear of these things...  

BTW did anyone ever improve MidknightR's heart of the force mod to make the crystals compatible with short and double sabers?  Just curious.

3 hours ago, Avlectus said:

BTW did anyone ever improve MidknightR's heart of the force mod to make the crystals compatible with short and double sabers?  Just curious.

Links?

$%*#!!!!!!!!!!  Nerfed...  IIRC it's that guy who had Ron Paul as an avatar on LF.   Gamefront doesn't have it up yet.  Basically it was that one on Nar Shaddah where you get loot of several robes, and lightsaber crystals.  IIRC there was swamp green, blacklight violet, "heart" with a crimson outer hue and a really golden inner hue, a more pure red sith blade, silver, and cyan.   Probably one more I'm missing.  

If I understood it, it was just a script that needed to make it to where the crystals didn't turn into nulls when you put them into a short or double saber.