JCarter426

MOD:JC's Darksaber for K1

JC's Darksaber for K1

Summary

This mod adds the Darksaber, a unique lightsaber seen in the Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows, to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

The Darksaber comes with a custom hilt and blade effect.

The Darksaber's stats are better than the standard lightsaber's (+2 Charisma and +1d8 Universal damage) but the item cannot be upgraded.

I have integrated the item into the game, but I'll keep the how a surprise. One hint: You will have to complete a side quest that involves Mandalorians.

If you want to get it through playing the game, you'll have to start a new game. Otherwise, you can cheat it in. The item is "jc_darksaber".

Installation

1. Extract files from the downloaded archive.
  2. Run Darksaber_K1.exe.
  3. Click "Install Mod" and select your game directory (default name SWKOTOR).

Uninstallation

1. Remove the installed files or replace from backups if necessary.

Compatibility

Compatibility with other lightsaber mods not guaranteed.

This mod uses lightsaber model variation 255.

This mod patches the module kas_m25aa in order to place the Darksaber into the game. If you have any compatibility issues with other mods that edit this area, you can cheat the item into the game instead. The Darksaber item is "jc_darksaber".

Credits

KOTOR Tool – Fred Tetra
TSL Patcher – stoffe, with updates by Fair Strides
DeNCS – JdNoa & Dashus
ERFEdit – stoffe, with updates by Fair Strides
NWMax – Joco
KOTORMax & MDLEdit – bead-v
NWNSSCOMP – Torlack, stoffe, & tk102
Saber – Andrew Kramer & VideoCopilot.net
tga2tpc – ndix UR

Permissions

I hereby grant nobody except myself permission to upload some or all of this mod anywhere for any reason. For any reason.

If you would like to include any part of this mod in anything, then please contact me for permission.

Disclaimers

WARNING: THERMODYNAMIC LAW VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE SUMMONING OF MAXWELL'S DEMON. TO BANISH IT, YOU WILL HAVE TO DEFEAT THE ORIGINAL CASTER AND DISMANTLE THE SUMMONING CIRCLE, HIDDEN IN THE DUNGEONS OF LUCASFILM. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

Donations

If you enjoy my mods and would like to show your support in a monetary manner, you may do so via PayPal with this donation link.

For various legal and ethical reasons, this is entirely optional and is not a requirement to downloading or using any of my mods. I also do not create specific mods for hire.

I make mods as a hobby and will most likely do so regardless of any donations or lack thereof, but modding does take up a lot of my time and every bit helps.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/14/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

Alright, I may or may not have an issue here; I got the saber from the dude, but it has cross-texture panels instead of the white and black. It looks really weird and bad. I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole mod, didn't fix ii. Did I do something go wrong?

Screenshot_2019-05-05-15-06-30.png

Is that Android? I don't know what the situation is on mods for that. The rest of the model is there, so unless you left out a file, I don't think it's anything you did wrong. Might be Android doesn't like the texture format, or the trickery I used to get the black to render in front of the white.

I don't know how that would turn it yellow, though.

i'm blind sorry and thank you sir !

i do love it ^^

Edited by leodaft

So I've installed the mod correctly, restarted the game twice, completed bith the Mandalorian quest on Dantooine and Kashyyyk. The only other mando quest is on the final planet. Is the mod not working or am I doing something wrong?

12 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

You were supposed to get it on Kashyyyk, so it's likely something isn't working correctly.

It's too late to get it the proper way so I'd suggest cheating it in.

So update: I uninstalled all other lightsaber based mods I had, so now I only have jedi from the start and darksaber on here, currently on Dantooine so I'll update once more once I get to kashyyyk

Hi. I'm having the same texture issues as above and seem unable to get it. I am playing on android and was looking forward to getting my hands on this. The Mandalorian draws the saber out for the fight but doesn't drop it. Is there a fix for this? Well done, by the way. The weapon looks awesome.

I don't know how to fix the texture for Android, or if it even can be fixed. I don't have a way of testing on Android and so far nobody has volunteered to do so for me, so there's nothing I can do at the moment.

As for the weapon failing to drop, it looks like that's an issue with the installer that I'll have to fix in the next version.

Thanks for the reply. Im willing to test out any fixes. I got a save right before the point it drops so can spam the fights. What would be needed?

I don't know what would be needed specifically, but generally I'd need somebody to test various things in real time, ideally through the /r/kotor Discord server. I won't be able to start on it until a couple weeks at the earliest, though.

I might be able to test it out on the train ride home from work today. I havent had any problems with any texture mods on android and my override is like 3gb. This would be a first

Thanks. I'm hoping it can be done. It's an awesome looking weapon and im always looking on ways to expand in game.

On 3/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, Haveayap said:

I might be able to test it out on the train ride home from work today. I havent had any problems with any texture mods on android and my override is like 3gb. This would be a first

Ita definitely an Android issue. I have this game on og xbox and Android. Textures load fine on xbox but on android you get that flat black/yellow box thats 8x as big as the saber. There is another mod(5 black saber crystals) some like the purple have this issue, and some only have this issue in certain sabers, i.e short sabers. It has to do with the animation file, the .txi and not the .tga file. Im not good enough to fix it on my own but through testing ive isolated the issue on android. 

Edited by RnD_Customz
Typo