knitewingtherevanchist

Can someone please make some Clone Wars or Rebels mods

Edit: I re-downloaded, but I don't see a change.

I just checked and the download is fine.

So the new download isn't in ASCII.

Both ASCII and binary models are included. The ASCII models are named XXXX-kotormax.mdl.ascii

Oh weird, Firefox was giving me some kind of cached version of the zip file, I didn't know that was even a thing. I have the correct files now.

Cool! It turns out that the filename .ascii was screwing with my importer. The files work now.

(In case you missed my PM update, OP, here's what it looks like right now. I have to go to bed now with maybe some time to  work on it a bit tomorrow or at least Thursday)

oYeFw7c.jpg

6IaZ1fY.png

I got this one pretty much done.

It's a lot of work, not sure if I can find the motivation to do the rest. I've attached my PSD (zipped) in case someone is interested in continuing.

DP_Sabine_Helm.zip

6IaZ1fY.png

I got this one pretty much done.

It's a lot of work, not sure if I can find the motivation to do the rest. I've attached my PSD (zipped) in case someone is interested in continuing.

I have the patterning all but done.

KBMj6MA.jpg

I just need a few evenings between work to finish the realistic colors and weathering.

(Ignore the blockiness, I was using Blender to preview it, and the transition wasn't perfect ;)

• Like 2

On 4/25/2018 at 7:17 AM, Malkior said:

I have the patterning all but done.

I just need a few evenings between work to finish the realistic colors and weathering.

(Ignore the blockiness, I was using Blender to preview it, and the transition wasn't perfect ;)

To be honest I completely forgot about this forum so I don't suppose this was ever finished

Nope, it was fun helping but I was hoping this would be a collaboration.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:31 PM, knitewingtherevanchist said:

To be honest I completely forgot about this forum so I don't suppose this was ever finished

Well, I have a 3 day weekend, so I can re-download Blender and take another crack at it if you're still interested. To be fair though, it was already mostly finished aside from weathering and effects. 

On 4/19/2019 at 10:07 PM, Malkior said:

Well, I have a 3 day weekend, so I can re-download Blender and take another crack at it if you're still interested. To be fair though, it was already mostly finished aside from weathering and effects. 

I don't suppose it's to late to say that I am still interested.

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2020 at 6:16 AM, knitewingtherevanchist said:

I don't suppose it's to late to say that I am still interested.

Sorry for the very late response. As per my Status Update, I finally figured out how to at least basically use Blender. Here is a render of what I have so far.

image.png 

I fixed up all of the problems my previous attempts missed and just have a few bits and bobs to add detail to (Like the targeting antenna) If you're still interested, I can have it done after maybe another day of sprucing up and adding some minor fun things like a metallic sheen on some key parts. My apologies it took so long for me to get back to you on this.

9 minutes ago, Malkior said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png 

If you're still interested, I can have it done after maybe another day of sprucing up and adding some minor fun things like a metallic sheen on some key parts. 

Yes definitely still interested and I can't wait to see the final product.

Here's the finished texture. Now, it's been a while since I got this and I haven't been able to test it ingame, but feel free to let me know if there is any additions or changes you'd like.

SabineHelmTest3.png

DP_Sabine_Helm.zip

Looks great to me. Just 2 question which I probably should have asked before, will it work on Kotor  1 because all of the previous screenshots have been on Kotor 2, and will I be able to find it in game or will I have to use console commands.

If you downloaded the files from Darth Parametric's post, I believe there were UTI item templates included. I don't think you'll be able to find the items in the game without console commands, however. The MDLs Parametric provided are both for Kotor and TSL. Just choose which one you want and include it with the UTI and textures in your Override. (At least, that's how I understand it)

I converted the file to Blender to test a while ago, so if everything doesn't fit, I will endeavor to fix it so that it does. Please let me know if that is the case.

6 hours ago, knitewingtherevanchist said:

So I was able to get the helmet in game and it looks perfect. However when I try to move when I'm wearing the helmet the game immediately crashes.

In my own experience, the model crashes when using the TSL model in Kotor and vice-versa. However, Darth Parametric was the one who made the models, so he'd be the best person to assist you. (Plus he is very knowledgeable of all things related to kotor models)

Once you get it working, I'd love to see a screenshot or two as I've never seen it in game. :)

On 8/13/2020 at 11:03 PM, DarthParametric said:

What I posted was a modder's resource, not something for endusers. It was for other people to make mods with, not a mod in itself.

So, is the model usable in game and we just need to find a way to add it into our save, or will we need to also do something in MDLEdit to get it to not crash? 

I've combined Malkior's helmet texture with the blaster I did, the 2nd blaster still needs a texture.
The attached files are for TSL, just throw them into your override folder.
You need to use DP's K1 mdl & mdx files that he linked to if you want to test things in K1. The icons and texture (the .tga files) should work in K1 and I think the item files (.uti files) work in both games.
Cheatcodes:
giveitem g_i_mask113
giveitem w_blaste_113
giveitem w_blaste_114

screenshot.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

DP_Sabine_aug_2020.zip

Update

FmfYuiU.jpg

I added some metallic reflection.
I tweaked the helmet a bit, mainly made the visor more black.
I worked on the 2nd blaster, there's a part on the top that I'm not sure what to add to because I couldn't find decent reference images.

I ran into some issues:

19ry4WL.jpg

Mira is wearing the helmet in the screenshot above, her hair is coming through. Probably something that's not easy to fix, the helmet is already quite large. The Handmaiden is in the 1st screenshot.
Left image, bottom arrow: there's a streak of pink here, not sure where it's coming from, it's not in that place in the texture.
Middle image: that's the top part of the blaster that's a bit empty.
Right image: I wanted to keep that part a light metal, but it seems a part from the dark part of the handle is being applied to it and it ends in a diagonal non symmetrical way. The other model/blaster has a similar issue.

The way the blasters are held is not great, but that also goes for a lot of vanilla things.

I'm attaching all the files (including .psd) you would need to continue (or, feel free to just play with it). I hope someone can carry the torch.

TSL_Sabine_Wren_Helmet_Blasters.zip

• Like 1

Can someone make a Sabine Armor and head?

On 9/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, Effix said:

Update

FmfYuiU.jpg

I added some metallic reflection.
I tweaked the helmet a bit, mainly made the visor more black.
I worked on the 2nd blaster, there's a part on the top that I'm not sure what to add to because I couldn't find decent reference images.

I ran into some issues:

19ry4WL.jpg

Mira is wearing the helmet in the screenshot above, her hair is coming through. Probably something that's not easy to fix, the helmet is already quite large. The Handmaiden is in the 1st screenshot.
Left image, bottom arrow: there's a streak of pink here, not sure where it's coming from, it's not in that place in the texture.
Middle image: that's the top part of the blaster that's a bit empty.
Right image: I wanted to keep that part a light metal, but it seems a part from the dark part of the handle is being applied to it and it ends in a diagonal non symmetrical way. The other model/blaster has a similar issue.

The way the blasters are held is not great, but that also goes for a lot of vanilla things.

I'm attaching all the files (including .psd) you would need to continue (or, feel free to just play with it). I hope someone can carry the torch.

TSL_Sabine_Wren_Helmet_Blasters.zip 14.72 MB · 1 download

It crashed

16 hours ago, matthewdontshare@gma said:

It crashed

Not sure why, it works for me and I only worked on the textures.

33 minutes ago, matthewdontshare@gma said:

Am I supposed to add DP_Sabine_Helmet.psd into the override folder? And I use the restored content mod.

No, that's a Photoshop document, in case someone wants to continue the work.
You put the files inside the folder "override files" into your override folder.

1 minute ago, Effix said:

No, that's a Photoshop document, in case someone wants to continue the work.
You put the files inside the folder "override files" into your override folder.

I did place the files in the override folder but when I tried to wear it the game crashed.