knitewingtherevanchist

Can someone please make some Clone Wars or Rebels mods

Can someone please make mods for clone wars or rebels characters I see alot of amazing mods all over the internet but I still haven't seen any kotor mods for characters like Ahsoka (Rebels or Clone wars era) Kanan Jarus, Obi-Wan, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren not even Mace Windu

• Like 1

I think it's personally a waste of time to put characters from other eras into KOTOR/TSL but, you do you.

I think it's personally a waste of time to put characters from other eras into KOTOR/TSL but, you do you.

It's also a waste of time to mod and play as other PC models in the game but it's still cool and fun to do. playing as revans head from swtor is no different than playing as the PC models from the regular game but it still something different which makes it fun.

With various robe mods like Prequel Robe Replacement and Movie-Style Jedi Master Robes, you could make the likes of Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, or Anakin relatively easily. There's also Deadman's Anakin head, which I touched up a little.

There are various prequel sabers available, notably the ones by oldflash.

There are a few clone trooper mods around, but the best one is probably the Clone Wars Armor Pack for K1 and TSL.

With the Movie Mandalorians mod you could make a Jango Fett.

I made Sabine's helmet and blasters for someone years ago over on LucasForums, but never textured them.

TSL_Sabine_Helmet_01_TH.jpg TSL_Sabine_Helmet_04_TH.jpg

TSL_Sabine_Helmet_03_TH.jpg TSL_Sabine_Blasters_01_TH.jpg

TSL_Sabine_Helmet_02_TH.jpg

If someone else wants to finish them off, here are the files. They are free to use them as long as they credit the source.

• Like 4

It might help folks to reskin the items by providing some good pictures of the items as they appear in Rebels.  Might someone be willing to do that to kick-start the effort?

The main problem will be the fact that she has at least one armor color change per season.

The pistol picture will be helpful so thanks for that. For the helmet, why not show a set of pictures that shows the most sides of one particular helmet? That should narrow down the field.

That should be enough pictures until some skinners come forward to ask for more information, if needed. Thanks again.

I'll look into it/experiment with it, no promises. I've never started with only these wireframe like textures, for some parts it's hard to tell which parts of the model uses which parts of the texture.

If you re-download the archive, I have added a quick AO bake which you can overlay on top of the diffuse to give you some depth. That should also give you something to work with. Note that the helmet texture is "upside down" relatively speaking, so you may find it easier when working to rotate it 180 degrees (just don't forget to rotate it back before exporting). You'd be best off using something like GMax or the Model Viewer to preview your texture as you go, if you are working directly in something like PS or Gimp.

I also recompiled the models with MDLEdit and included them as an additional extra, so that should hopefully prevent any UV mangling like ye olde MDLOps was want to do. Although I didn't check them in-game.

While I was at it, I dug through some old folders and found some reference images I compiled back when I made the models. Here they are for anyone that may need them - https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/misc/Rebels_Sabine_Wren_Reference_Pics.7z

TSL_Sabine_Helmet_03_TH.jpg

I get this instead:

AKzEsR9.jpg

The blasters are fine though. I don't understand what you mean with the rotating, I tried rotating the texture 180 but that didn't fix things. What am I doing wrong?

I don't understand what you mean with the rotating

I mean that if you are looking at the texture in an image editor, the helmet portion will be upside down because that is the way I laid it out:

Sabine_Wren_Helmet_UVs_TH.jpg

Thus I suggested it may be easier to paint the texture if you temporarily rotated it.

I get this instead

That mesh has been completely flipped. Are you using Blender or something? Whatever you're looking at it in has mangled the import.

If you re-download the archive, I have added a quick AO bake which you can overlay on top of the diffuse to give you some depth. That should also give you something to work with. Note that the helmet texture is "upside down" relatively speaking, so you may find it easier when working to rotate it 180 degrees (just don't forget to rotate it back before exporting). You'd be best off using something like GMax or the Model Viewer to preview your texture as you go, if you are working directly in something like PS or Gimp.

I also recompiled the models with MDLEdit and included them as an additional extra, so that should hopefully prevent any UV mangling like ye olde MDLOps was want to do. Although I didn't check them in-game.

While I was at it, I dug through some old folders and found some reference images I compiled back when I made the models. Here they are for anyone that may need them - https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/misc/Rebels_Sabine_Wren_Reference_Pics.7z

I wasn't aware that Odyssey supported Ambient Occlusion.. Does the implementation work similarly to TXIs?

Also, I notice that the UVW seems to be missing some parts of the model (particularly the top rear of the helmet) Is this fixed in the updated model?

I wasn't aware that Odyssey supported Ambient Occlusion.

It doesn't. As I said, it's intended to be used as an overlay over the diffuse.

Also, I notice that the UVW seems to be missing some parts of the model (particularly the top rear of the helmet) Is this fixed in the updated model?

Yeah that was ye olde MDLOps failing to deal with unbroken UV edges. It should indeed be fixed in the MDLEdit compiled versions.

I mean that if you are looking at the texture in an image editor, the helmet portion will be upside down because that is the way I laid it out:

Sabine_Wren_Helmet_UVs_TH.jpg

Thus I suggested it may be easier to paint the texture if you temporarily rotated it.

That mesh has been completely flipped. Are you using Blender or something? Whatever you're looking at it in has mangled the import.

Another image is included in the download, with a different layout for the helmet:

KtjqjVp.jpg

Ah, apologies. That must have been the original map that never got updated. I've swapped in the new one, try re-downloading.

Your model is still screwy though. You can see in your pic that the viewfinder is on the opposite side to what it should be.

Thanks.

Yeah, the Model Viewer mirrors things. I can live with it, most things are symmetrical anyway.

Edit: I re-downloaded, but I don't see a change.

So the new download isn't in ASCII. Is the newest MDLEdit the way to convert it, or should I use a different utility?