Sign in to follow this  
VarsityPuppet

MOD:Helena Shan Improvement

Helena Shan Improvement

May your father and mother rejoice; may she who gave you birth be joyful! Proverbs: 23:25

HELENA SHAN IMPROVEMENT

DESCRIPTION:
This mod gives Bastila’s mother, Helena, an overdue makeover so that there is an actual noticeable family resemblance between the two women.

INSTALLATION:
- Use the TSLPatcher to install

UNINSTALLATION:
- Sorry, I don’t have a real good uninstallation process for you. I guess delete helena.utc from your override?

CREDITS:
- Bead-V and ndix-ur for their work on mdledit/mdlops
- Fred Tetra + KOTOR TOOL
- Obsidian, Bioware and the Odyssey Engine
- The DeadlyStream Community who has been around all of these years
- Jesus Christ, My Lord and Savior. For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

• Like 6

Fantastic work, apart from the misspelling. lol

Really good mod here! And I can definitely see this as believably a middle aged woman who's Bastilla's mother

I just played this section last night and thought that she deserved a better resemblance. What a coincidence to find this here! Great mod.

Load an earlier save and play through it! haha

Wow. You enhanced her features perfectly! She looks so similar to Bastila yet I could see her as a completely different person if the two were separated.

Hey there, went through the install via TSL earlier and received the following error:

Installation started 5/6/2018 12:09:21 PM...
Installing unmodified files...
Copying file P_Helena.tga to the override folder...
Copying file p_helenah.mdl to the override folder...
Copying file p_helenah.mdx to the override folder...
Error: Critical error: Unable to locate file to patch, "heads.2da" file not found! (GEN-9)

Anything I need to change or fix? I didn't previously have a heads.2da in my override.

You can fix it by extracting a vanilla heads.2da to your Override before installing this mod but ideally VP should configure TSLPatcher to do that for you if the file doesn't exist.

You can fix it by extracting a vanilla heads.2da to your Override before installing this mod but ideally VP should configure TSLPatcher to do that for you if the file doesn't exist.

D'oh! I guess it's been awhile since I have set up a tslpatcher correctly!

On 5/6/2018 at 5:13 PM, Kexikus said:

Does that work for a missing appearance.2da as well?

ZSNrWN_qkOPbzhsKlLRCG5Kv4P2-hO-4miZOLl4M

EDIT: installed a few other mods, and looks like one of them put an appearance.2da file in my overrides that this mod was able to edit, probably from the community patch

Edited by CragOrion

Argh! It has been awhile since I set up TSLPatcher. Yeah I will have to update the file.

Or maybe I could make my own installer :P

When I open this mod's helena.utc file KOTOR Tool cannot display the "Appearance" field due to index out of bounds.

In the video above Helena is in fact showing a different set of clothes that I do not recognize.

Also, I noticed that the forehead wrinkles are really way too prominent to look good, a problem that is somewhat heightened by the too young and smooth look of the rest of the face.

I will try and see if something can be done with the .tga file. :)

2 minutes ago, Salk said:

When I open this mod's helena.utc file KOTOR cannot display the "Appearance" field due to index out of bound. 

You should know enough by now to know how this works. The pre-patched row ID is 509, which is one greater than the last vanilla row ID. Although that is completely irrelevant, as the UTC is patched during install to whatever new row ID is added to appearance.2da.

8 minutes ago, Salk said:

a different set of clothes that I do not recognize

The equipped outfit is clothing variant 9. I would guess VP was using a texture mod (his own or someone else's) in the video.

4 hours ago, Salk said:

When I open this mod's helena.utc file KOTOR Tool cannot display the "Appearance" field due to index out of bounds.

3 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

You should know enough by now to know how this works. The pre-patched row ID is 509, which is one greater than the last vanilla row ID. Although that is completely irrelevant, as the UTC is patched during install to whatever new row ID is added to appearance.2da.

Kotor Tool has an option to use the game's override folder 2da files meaning it will instead use the modded 2da file instead of the vanilla 2da. Going to "options" and then "other" will get you this check box option.

• Like 1