Canderis

RevanEditor: KotorTool for 2020

post-9011-0-74255300-1518452661_thumb.png

Hi everyone! Feels good to be posting a new WIP after so long. But this is a bit different.

Over the past 8 months, though much more in the past couple weeks than before, I have been working on this new tool. I had gotten the urge to mod over the summer, but as I am now a mac user I couldn't really do that without some really hacky work-arounds. So I decided I should just make my own modding tool that'll work on mac. But why stop there? Linux needs some love too.

RevanEditor will work on all platforms! Mac, Windows, or Linux!

Currently, the program is a full Bif file extractor. With that groundwork out of the way, it is time to start putting in other features and building editors.

I want to release something very soon. I'm thinking of including Erf extraction, a 2da editor, and a gff editor for the initial release. Following that, I'd like to open it up for community suggestions of what features I should prioritize. I'd also like some volunteers to help me out with testing this on other machines. 

I'd also like to give a shout out to FairStrides and ndix UR for helping me out a ton with this project. Without them, this project would not be nearing a release anytime soon.

And if you'd like to follow my progress, it is all on my GitHub!

• Like 13

RevanEditor will work on all platforms! Mac, Windows, or Linux!

Currently, the program is a full Bif file extractor. With that groundwork out of the way, it is time to start putting in other features and building editors.

Looks great!   :ice:  Is this JS based? 

Even those personally, I won't have any use for this, I will still look forward to its release!

Best of luck finishing it! 

@VarsityPuppet: Oh, is this a race? I'd better hurry up and re-install my programming stuff if I want to get back to work...

The more tools the better :)

• Like 1

Like VP said, the more tools the better. We just got KOTORMax, MDLEdit, and an MDLOps, and now this year there's a whole line of new tools in the works for other areas that were in need of updates. It's nice that the community is still so active even after 15 years.

And a Linux version would be most welcome. I run Mint on my laptop, and seriously the only reason I ever boot into Windows is if I need to run KOTOR Tool. Either that or I overcome my laziness and go to my desktop. So with a KOTOR Tool replacement, even just being able to look at the files would further enable my laziness.

How will this differ from normal Kotor Tool? Besides Mac and Linix compatibility

Well first, it will have a more modern UI. I'm wanting to keep it similar to KotorTool for now to try and ease the transition and to keep most old tutorials somewhat applicable.

As for any other differences, you'll just have to wait and see! I have a lot of plans.

• Like 1

As Linux user this would be a godsend.

Kotor Tool doesnt run correctly under wine for me so I am running between my mothers Laptop which is running Win7 and my Arch PC trying to make sure all the little details are correct, was a pain.

Thankfully the TSL Patcher ran just fine but the more cross platfrom tools we have the better I say!

Good luck and happy developing!

*REMOVED OLD FILES*

This is the very first alpha build. I'd like to make sure it works on Windows/Linux. 

The build contains full BIF and ERF extraction.

Let me know if you have any questions or experience any issues!

Hey, I ran it and I may have a slight issue with the ui:

post-1077-0-40454800-1519166104_thumb.jpeg

As you can see there are boxes that I don't think should be there.

Otherwise, quick tests show that everything works so far.

Good job!

Hey, I ran it and I may have a slight issue with the ui:

attachicon.gif boxes.jpeg

As you can see there are boxes that I don't think should be there.

Otherwise, quick tests show that everything works so far.

Good job!

Thanks for checking it out!

Which OS are you on?

UPDATE:

This might have fixed the issue.

Also added an icon. 

*REMOVED OLD FILES*

That fixed it thank you.

also win 10 64 bit if it helps.

Sweet. I'm glad I could fix that nice and quick!

• Like 1

Im getting an empty screen after selecting the path for kotor 2 doesn't show any of the files, just the path and export button. Im on Arch Linux.

post-40937-0-36338800-1519196567_thumb.png

Just popping in to say everything exports as it should(except for textures, but I assume that is on the to do list).

I do have a feature request:

That whatever you select to export would get highlighted.

• Like 2

Just popping in to say everything exports as it should(except for textures, but I assume that is on the to do list).

I do have a feature request:

That whatever you select to export would get highlighted.

ndix UR has been working on a TPC conversion library for me. I should be implementing it soon. Thanks for the feedback!

A lot is on hold right now as I spend time time learning a bit more about the technology stack I'm using. The UI is at a point where to continue I need to make some major changes I'm not quite ready to do. Good news is once I've done those I can quickly start implementing actual editing capabilities and not just extraction. 

I've also been researching how I need to go about properly logging errors so I can debug issues you all find. (Like ChaosRonin's issues)

I don't have an ETA on a new update but it shouldn't be too much longer.

• Like 1