Sign in to follow this  
Pazaak

M478 General Discussion

Nah, it's the dialogue for leaving with Kreia to the Unknown Worlds. Obviously... cut.

"Now, you are finally ready for war again. The Unknown Regions call to us, just as they called to Revan. It is time to leave the Republic to die."

"Are you ready?"

"They have done what was necessary, and they will live their lives better for having known you."

[end]

Guest DH-010

I suppose that piece of content cannot be restored?

Guest Slstoev

It would be cool of you could save Kreia. I wonder what Atton reaction would be in TSLRCM.

Nah, it's the dialogue for leaving with Kreia to the Unknown Worlds. Obviously... cut.

Then my recommendation to use that line to ask Kreia about the droids of M4-78 still stands. It could also be used in a more general sense for any droids you have encountered.

Then my recommendation to use that line to ask Kreia about the droids of M4-78 still stands. It could also be used in a more general sense for any droids you have encountered.

No, she explicitely states she doesn't know about the fates of HK, G0-T0, Remote and T3 (and Bao-Dur). As she can't sense them. And hate them...

No, she explicitely states she doesn't know about the fates of HK, G0-T0, Remote and T3 (and Bao-Dur). As she can't sense them. And hate them...

Also remember when Kreia is teaching you to "listen" aboard the EH she can't sense the droids there either. So for her to sense an entire droid planet and know what happened to them wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Also remember when Kreia is teaching you to "listen" aboard the EH she can't sense the droids there either. So for her to sense an entire droid planet and know what happened to them wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Huh. Forgot about that, but now that you've reminded me, yeah I guess it doesn't make any sense. Doesn't she say something about the droids, though? Not that you can feel them, but something about small oscillations of energy that they give off or something? I don't remember. And I'm sure it couldn't work in the same way as sensing their future, or the fate of M4, but I still remembered that.

Would it not be wise then to have Kreia stay on board when the Ebon Hawk is on M4-78 - for those precise reasons? There are a number of files where she express her distaste of droids that could be utilized. (Well, those lines and the spliced ones.)

Pretty much everyone on the EH hates droids :P.

Atton, Kreia, Canderous. The list gets pretty small if we need to ban them all ;).

Guest DH-010

Well then you'd have to use the droid characters on M4-78, that could be fitting I think...

Although you are already forced to use the droids at the start off-course, if it's similar to the original mod. Also, are there vo's for Atton and the rest for the planet? Wouldn't want to miss those!

Pretty much everyone on the EH hates droids :D.

Atton, Kreia, Canderous. The list gets pretty small if we need to ban them all :thumbsup:.

Then utilize those characters in first person mode - so you take advantage of writing lines for those characters that expose those hatreds. The positive of doing it that way is that you don't need to find any lines to have the conversation or have a need to splice together any.

Guest Crazzyy

I have an idea. I haven't played kotor for some time and i don't remember the full story but listen to what i have to say. at the end of the game bao-dur disappears. i think that he went to m4-78 as hk-47 went to the hk factory. I don't remember if goto was at the final battle for telos iv, but i think that he shouldn't appear as a party member. he wasn't intended as a caracter for nar shadaa, but for m4-78 as also the puzzles on his ship. at the battle for telos goto goes to m4-78 to seize control, but bao-dur follows him to stop him. he dies trying to stop goto and records a message on his remote and lets the exile know that his sacrifice wasn't in wain and he also tells the exile of gotos true intentions. after he saves telos he goes to m4-78 and finds the remote with the message.

Do you plan on using the feat "Speak with other droids" or something along that line that was available for Hk-47 but wasn't useful in any way in the end?

Here's an idea of how to render-it usable. Make most of the M4-78 droids speak with beeps and boops. Then, there would be a conditional script that would check that the feat is acquired or not. If the feat is acquired, there would be a translation under the writtent beeps and boops. Those lines could be clues to get further, may perhaps allow to make a side-quest otherwise undoable or might just be funny disrespectful comments along the line of "Watch where you step, I just spent 2 years washing the bloodstain of the last organic that tried to stain my floor."

I have an idea. I haven't played kotor for some time and i don't remember the full story but listen to what i have to say. at the end of the game bao-dur disappears. i think that he went to m4-78 as hk-47 went to the hk factory. I don't remember if goto was at the final battle for telos iv, but i think that he shouldn't appear as a party member. he wasn't intended as a caracter for nar shadaa, but for m4-78 as also the puzzles on his ship. at the battle for telos goto goes to m4-78 to seize control, but bao-dur follows him to stop him. he dies trying to stop goto and records a message on his remote and lets the exile know that his sacrifice wasn't in wain and he also tells the exile of gotos true intentions. after he saves telos he goes to m4-78 and finds the remote with the message.

There was some insight as to what Obsidians ideas were with BaoDurr(I can't find the link currently)but Tpiom did an interview with Chris Avalone(lead developer for TSL) and the intention possibly was for BaoDurr to die while helping HK47 get to the HK factory.

Guest bendarby24

On the demo, wasn't there a way that Bao-Dur died on M4-78?

On the demo, wasn't there a way that Bao-Dur died on M4-78?

Might you have a link to a mention of that somewhere?

Do you plan on using the feat "Speak with other droids" or something along that line that was available for Hk-47 but wasn't useful in any way in the end?

There better be :thumbsup:.

Guest bendarby24

Might you have a link to a mention of that somewhere?

There is no link because that is what I recall. I think it said it some were in what is and isn't restored in TSLRCM.

Update: Yep, I was right. Stoney said in "What's Restored in TSLRCM" and under what Miscellaneous, there was this:

[NR - possibly M4-78EP] Bao-Dur's sacrifice - In the released audio demo, one of Bao-Dur's lines is "Make my sacrifice matter". Presumably, Bao-Dur dies at some point near the end-game.

Edited by Sith Holocron
Combined two posts

We (And by that I mean "I") should really update that list, seeing the changes between 1.4 (when it was made) and 1.8.

Bao-Durs death is implied in the tslrcm:

Grenn says weres bao Dur

And atton says ya were is he, hk-47 too

Which implies he goes with hk-47 and possibly dies

The fact they don't know about his death means he likely didn't die on m4-78

Does anyone no if the make my sacrifice matter line still exists

Yeash, if "were is (s)he?" means (s)he HAS to be dead, there would be a lot more childress parents on the world.

Yeash, if "were is (s)he?" means (s)he HAS to be dead, there would be a lot more childress parents on the world.

:D

But anyway. I thought that if someone disappeared and a body was never found, it's a sure sign the character wasn't dead. Or have I just been reading too many comics again?

zbyl2: Yes, Master Vash will be alive and well on the planet, doesn't mean she'll stay that way by the time you take off...

I think Vash shouldn't always die because in obsidians original design she dosent always die, her .utc file in the rebuilt enclave is proof of that. Even if she doesn't say much neither does zez-kai-el

Also has Tourath been removed?

Guest Mablus25

Question: How meny quests will there be for a storyline also how meny bonus quests as well for the mod?