Sign in to follow this  
Eterna1Warrior

A problem during the creation of custom-made lightsaber

Hello everyone I'm Eterna1Warrior and new to this forum. I just followed some of the tutorials in Deadlystream and started making my own mod: TOR advanced classes-inspired lightsabers. After I edited the color crystal .tga and .uti files, lightsaber .uti and .mdl files, etc., however, when I opened the game and began to test my lightsaber, I encountered problems.

First of all, when I was going to equip my lightsaber by clicking it, the game crashed; I have to restart the game. When using workbench to try to examine the upgrade slots, there were no color crystals in the middle slot, and when trying to click that empty slot, game crashed. So, please, experienced mod-makers, help me so I can put my custom-made sabers in good uses.

post-38089-0-28259100-1515314366_thumb.jpg

post-38089-0-74531900-1515314385_thumb.jpg

post-38089-0-40260200-1515314458_thumb.jpg

Well, I just want to add some attributes bonus and feat requirements to make these sabers more like TOR-classes, so I used normal lightsabers as models. As far as I can remember, the first thing I did is to add attributes bonus, all these bonuses, requirements and penalties and so on and set a unique model number like g_w_dblsbr076 for my Sith Assassin's Double-bladed Lightsaber, for example, based on the model g_w_dblsbr076. I intended to make a red one. Then I used red double-bladed saber's tga file, which is iw_dblsbr004, changing its name to iw_dblsbr076, for the thumbnail. After that, I used cheat to attain that saber, but when I equipped the saber, it emitted blue blade and when I used workbench to examine its upgrade, there was no color crystal in the middle slot. As I said above, the game crashed when I clicked that empty middle slot.

Then I tried to find u_l_colo_04.uti for a red crystal, changing its name, tag, model version and the other thing through K-GFF editor to 76, also making a iw_sbrcrstl_076.tga file. By using KOTOR tool, I extracted a mdl file and changed its name to ....76. Like the Bundle Tutorial on DeadlyStream showed, I viewed the file through hex editor and changed each 01 in w_lsabrered01 to 02. I thought there were nothing else to do because there were nothing additional for me to add in a txt file and saved the files, extracting mdx file and changing its name. Dragging all these files to the override folder, opening the game, I used cheat to attain the saber again and this time, when I clicked the saber on equipment screen, the game crashed.

My intention is simple: to bind a normal red crystal in my no-crystal-custom-made Sith Assassin's saber. But I don't know how to do this.

My intention is simple: to bind a normal red crystal in my no-crystal-custom-made Sith Assassin's saber. But I don't know how to do this.

That's not possible. You can have unique lightsabers that are either not upgradeable or they need to have their own unique lightsaber crystal. That's because every (upgradeable) saber is linked to one specific crystal. You can see this in upcrystals.2da. There each color crystal is assigned its normal, short and double saber uti. So whenever you put that crystal in a normal, short or double saber in the workbench, you'll get the saber listed here. So you'll have to do the same here if you want your saber to be upgradeable: Create a new row with entries for your (new!) crystal and for at least your double saber. You can leave the other entries blank but then the game will crash if you try to put this crystal in one of the missing saber types.

Thanks, anyway, for letting me know that was not possible. I will find other means, to either make more powerful non-upgradeable sabers, or to make custom crystals.