Sign in to follow this  
csaklegyen

Extracting influence events from game with TSLRCM

Hey, I always liked to pre-plan, min/max my runs, and the thing that gave me the most problems were raising my companions influence. Especially if I wanted to get them on the same side of the force as I am. Unmodded, there is/was a great guide and compilations of the influence opportunities, but running the restored content mod, I noticed new ones/some changed/fixed, etc..., and couldn't find updated ones.

So I tried to find them myself, with little luck. The furthest that I got was seeing which dialog forms the companions unique lines would call the influence increase script, but finding/documenting all of them just form there alone was just not happening. Other than that I found out that there are markers placed on maps that call psychotic/charming/cunning dialogs, which opened up a whole other can of worms, form me not finding said dialogs, to not being able to open maps to find such triggers, and even if I did do all of that, I am still just on where to even start looking for NPC triggered influence options. The final nail was when I realized, that so far I have been looking at the vanilla files, and had no idea how to access the TSLRCM ones.

I am completely lost on how to use the tools that I could find, if they were even compatible with my version of the game, and dozens other problems, so I'm hoping there's an easier way to do it, or at least someone to point me in the right way. Or do it for me, of course.  :blush:

Random LS/DS/Cunning are in 000react.dlg; you can find TSLRCM's patched version in override.

TSLRCM's stuff is generally inside the .mod files in modules with teammate conversations in override.

Using DLGEditor will get most of them, generally they are executed from dialogue, very rarely with scrips except some "random DS" on killing certain people.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

This reminds me of TSLRP and how influence was changed.

That mod made it impossible to jedify your entire crew, and looking back I think that their system was working closer to the design intention, as your crew is a pretty jealous bunch. Handmaiden/Visas, Atton/Disciple, you had to make choices and there were consequences.

It might make an interesting standalone mod.... Although I would have to make my own version of code of course.