Roth9

Revan "clones" in star forge and Taris

Underwear was the plan, the same as the vanilla version. It makes the transition to the "crispy" version more apparent.

Here are the current candidates:

K1_Diversified_Star_Forge_Jedi_Fuel_02_T

I swapped out false Batu Rem for his evil dimension twin (presumably this makes him the good one, like evil Cartman). I'll recolour the female Twi'lek, maybe blue. I just prefer the solid single tone texture rather than the weird multi-colour ones.

Edit: A quick hue shift job, but something like this:

K1_Diversified_Star_Forge_Jedi_Fuel_03_T

Edit 2: I've now done two of the three required poses, so here she is in both (still awaiting crispy textures):

Edit 3: Final pose (sleepy) now done:

K1_Diversified_Star_Forge_Jedi_Fuel_04a_

• Like 2

For this, I think a bunch of burn marks would makes the most sense, as the Sith are using blasters and sabers for the most part.

I was thinking maybe a couple of missing limbs here and there would be appropriate. Maybe with some sort of cap over the stumps, kind of like what Luke has in ESB:

ESB_Luke_Hand_TH.jpg

• Like 1

If I may suggest something for the Starforge Jedi: Maybe use the heads of the jedi we meet on Dantooine as that's where they were taken captive and recognising them would give the scene a greater impact. You could even use Yuthura if she was redeemed on Korriban.

That would be devastating if you used recognizable Jedi characters from Dantooine.... problem is that too many of them are victims of clone face. You could maybe use Zhar or Dorak because obviously the other masters survived. Belaya? Nemo is dead. The only other unique Jedi I can think of is Deesra Luur Jada, but he survives the attack.

That one with Maul was easily the most brutal. Not only did he get cut in half, but his body quickly deteriorated from flesh and blood to cheap CGI. Horrifying.

Anyway, years ago I saw an image from ShemL that showed the hanging Jedi on the Star Forge wearing the stock brown Jedi robes. Maybe someone could add an alternative texture for either new underwear, clothes or robes on the model.

I think the bigger issue is the lack of dismemberment in any of the Kotor games. (except for the arm holding datapad placeable or Malak's jaw)

It would be internally inconsistent as there should be piles of assorted limbs once you get your lightsaber for the first time. (Also when you pick up a giant sword and hack sith soldiers up in the Sith Base and/or hack Black Vulkars up if you decide to steal the prototype engine)

While I would totally support a mod that turns Rated-T Kotor into M territory, it would require revamping the entire combat animation system and adding new more "realistic" cutscenes for it to make sense.

EDIT

Not to mention that vibroblades and Gamorrean axes would not cauterize on contact and thus there would be blood in a Star Wars game.

But don't forget that Kotor is fairly inconsistent in general when it comes to things like blood and gore. There are severed limbs seen throughout the game, corpses with exposes rib cages and flesh and piles of blood. The dead Jedi on the Star Forge are set pieces and props, just like the other previously mentioned decals. Dismemberment is still an acknowledged concept in the game, but the NPCs can't do it to one another since that's not how combat in the game works. 

Whoops, guess I better scratch him off the list then.

Or maybe change his head to one of the other twi-lek heads? Maybe Xor's?

TcMQcmg.jpg

There aren't any different heads, mesh-wise. Just different texture variants. If none of the alternatives take my fancy then I'll just do a recolour the same as I did with the female.

Edit: Went with texture variant 2, which is orange.

Edit 2: Anyone want to take a crack at a crispy texture for the female body? PLC_EndPlB is the original male version. I need that effect mapped to PFBAL01. I can do the skin tone variations. I have some placeholders, but they aren't very good.

Edit 3: Starting to export the first test versions. Here's the male Twi'lek in the level mockup:

K1_Diversified_Star_Forge_Jedi_Fuel_05_T

I'm probably going to have to make some minor adjustment to the position of the sleepy pose, which is kind of annoying. Probably should have checked that earlier...

While I am waiting to see if bead-v can resolve the issue with the VFX, I decided to put together an optional extra. Seeing as Malak asks you if you recognise the captured Jedi, I figured it would make sense to add them as background NPCs on Dantooine. The first group I added having a sparring session in the landing bay:

Thanks to Kexikus for helping out with the scripts. I still need to figure out how to make the two that are fighting non-selectable though. I removed their names, but they still have health bars and a selection circle on mouseover (or when closest to the camera).

I figured I would spawn the remaining ones in the outside courtyard, where you meet Nemo. There are a couple of groups of settlers that could each have a Jedi attached to them.

• Like 5

While I am waiting to see if bead-v can resolve the issue with the VFX, I decided to put together an optional extra. Seeing as Malak asks you if you recognise the captured Jedi, I figured it would make sense to add them as background NPCs on Dantooine.

I dont believe this to be much important, after all, there is a part of the enclave that you just see in TSL, you could argue that most of the jedi are in the sub levels.

While I am waiting to see if bead-v can resolve the issue with the VFX, I decided to put together an optional extra. Seeing as Malak asks you if you recognise the captured Jedi, I figured it would make sense to add them as background NPCs on Dantooine. The first group I added having a sparring session in the landing bay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B315zBw1sMY

Thanks to Kexikus for helping out with the scripts. I still need to figure out how to make the two that are fighting non-selectable though. I removed their names, but they still have health bars and a selection circle on mouseover (or when closest to the camera).

I figured I would spawn the remaining ones in the outside courtyard, where you meet Nemo. There are a couple of groups of settlers that could each have a Jedi attached to them.

I am personally all about this kind of detail. The Enclave is supposed to be some kind of refuge for the jedi so it would only make sense that there would be more around the main building than just the Masters and the few Padawans milling about.

Plus, it would add a sort of drama to the final confrontation with Malak, since you might actually have some sort of connection to the jedi he's draining; perhaps causing some to hesitate in letting him drain them all for the sheer convenience.

• Like 2

Since you are adding Jedi to the enclave, I was thinking this: would it be impossible to add Kaevee from the TSL restored content?

Since you are adding Jedi to the enclave, I was thinking this: would it be impossible to add Kaevee from the TSL restored content?

Unless he wanted to recreate her head from scratch and find her voice actor for some lines, I think that would be impossible. Oh, and according to the game files of TSL Kaevee is 17 in TSL which would make her 12 in Kotor.

That's why it's an optional extra. Don't use it if you don't like it.

Sorry, I mean no offense. I just think that too many characters will leave the module a little "cramped".

So is it actually possible to trigger the 3rd pose?

K1_Diversified_Star_Forge_Jedi_Fuel_05_T

I just did a test where I had a character loaded up with all Force powers, and it seems that all of the powers that have any effect result in the 2nd, crispy, pose. I had assumed that was only for DS powers and that the LS option would kill them mercifully without healing you, resulting in the 3rd pose. But it seems that is not that case. My character was DS though, is that related? I guess I'll have to try a LS character.

Edit: OK, yeah, there is a character alignment check it would seem. If you are LS, hitting it with saber throw/breach/destroy droid results in the "sleepy" pose. Hitting it with lightning/death field still gives you the crispy pose. As a DS character, they all end up crispy regardless.