Sign in to follow this  
Mellowtron11

How to set available starting class feats?

Okay, I released this mod a few weeks ago. Basically I swapped out the computer use and repair skills for the Jedi Consular and their respective  prestige classes, Jedi Sentinel and their respective prestige classes, the scout and scoundrel. 

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/1160-kotor2-computer-use-and-repair-skill-swap/

However, I noticed a slip up that I failed to take into account when I uploaded the mod. I didn't change out the class skill: feats that are available at the feats level up screen. For instance, even though I made Computer Use a skill for the Jedi Consular and made Repair a cross class skill, there still is a class skill computer use feat available, and no cross class repair skill for feat purchase.

I looked around at the feat.2da file with Kotor tool. You can put in feats to be acquired at certain levels, which I get. But the feats that aren't available immediately for a certain class all seem to be marked with a -1. Does anyone know how to adjust this? I would really like to have the cross class feats correspond to the newly allocated skills for this mod. 

Thanks!

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/1160-kotor2-computer-use-and-repair-skill-swap/

Did you ever resolve this? I have found the 2da file that lists what classes have what feats on their list, and if/when they are granted. However it did not seem to effect lvl 1 feats alloted when I edited it.

Did you ever resolve this? I have found the 2da file that lists what classes have what feats on their list, and if/when they are granted. However it did not seem to effect lvl 1 feats alloted when I edited it.

I did not. What I wanted to do was swap around the Bonus class skill feats for a couple of the Jedi classes. I just don't know how to set what starting feats a class gets at level 1 and leave other feats available for purchase. Do you know how to do this?

I know that in the Feat.2da the columns labeled with jcn_granted or scd_granted etc seem to contain the level when each feat is automatically granted, or "-1" if it is never given for free. This alone may not be enough to grant it at level 1, as each starting class may require their individual files to be edited to allow for level 1 feat changes.

I know that in the Feat.2da the columns labeled with jcn_granted or scd_granted etc seem to contain the level when each feat is automatically granted, or "-1" if it is never given for free. This alone may not be enough to grant it at level 1, as each starting class may require their individual files to be edited to allow for level 1 feat changes.

So where would I edit the individual files? In the classes.2da subsection of the 2DA section?

I believe you have to edit the .utc file for each PC and NPC in the party who's starting feats you'd like to change. I believe they're contained within things labelled "struct" that give items, abilities, and feats to the creature and characters of Kotor 2. I'm not exactly sure where to find them, but I can have a look.

I believe you have to edit the .utc file for each PC and NPC in the party who's starting feats you'd like to change. I believe they're contained within things labelled "struct" that give items, abilities, and feats to the creature and characters of Kotor 2. I'm not exactly sure where to find them, but I can have a look.

Does that apply to the starting/prestige classes available to the player?

Yeah. Seems like the .utc for each person declares their level 1 feats, not Feat.2da. That file can add or remove them from their feat list (4 means not on the list, 3 means is on the list in each respective column)

Yeah. Seems like the .utc for each person declares their level 1 feats, not Feat.2da. That file can add or remove them from their feat list (4 means not on the list, 3 means is on the list in each respective column)

What would -1 mean? Are there any more numbers in the feats.2da that I need to know?

Ok, so I managed to edit the starting feats without changing any utc files. I simply wasn't overwriting my Feat.2da correctly. The "granted" columns will set the level you gain the feat for each class, and "list" columns will define if it appears on that class' list. For example if I set the columns jcn_list = 1 and jcn_granted = 2 in the row for Toughness, then the Jedi consular will have the Toughness feat on their list, and receive that feat at level 2 for free.

EDIT: -1 in the "granted" column will mean the feat is never given for free

For someone having a similar problem, what's the difference between jcn_list = 3 and jcn_list = 1?

That's something I've been confused about for a long time too. Anyone got any insight?

bump (K1)

I have been experimenting with feat.2da trying to set it so at the beginning of the game each class has all three levels of implants but it crashes the game.

Per implant 01, 02, and 03 rows, I input the following:

• mincharlevel =  ****
  • scd_list = 3
  • scd_granted = 1
  • sol_list = 3
  • sol_granted = 1
  • sct_list = 3
  • sct_granted = 1

I noticed it did not crash when I did the same thing for armor (sans implant changes). But then I went through and massively edited the feats (still following the above pattern and trying to avoid ones that seem "special" like Scoundrel's Luck), and it is crashing again.

Somewhere it is encountering fatal contradictions, but I don't know where...

Speculations:

• perhaps I am not being careful enough with what numbers to plug in - as I am looking for most feats I'm altering being available in the beginning of the game,  list=3 & granted=1 seems to be appropriate
  • perhaps there is another 2da file that holds more class/feat information that is now at odds with my edits in feat.2da
  • perhaps some of the feats are hard coded while others are not