LewsTherinTelescope

[WIP] (b1.1.0) KOTORPatcher - TSLPatcher-like app for Android

Odyssey GFF files have 3 additional field types that weren't present in my Aurora documentation. Orientation/Quaternion (16, complex, pointer to 4 floats); Position/Vector (17, complex, pointer to 3 floats); StrRef (18, complex, pointer to int32LE). If you guys have documentation that specifies these then maybe I need to find a newer edition...

• Like 1

Odyssey GFF files have 3 additional field types that weren't present in my Aurora documentation. Orientation/Quaternion (16, complex, pointer to 4 floats); Position/Vector (17, complex, pointer to 3 floats); StrRef (18, complex, pointer to int32LE). If you guys have documentation that specifies these then maybe I need to find a newer edition...

Wouldn't those just be fields not types?

You'd think so, but no. They are field types 16-18. In my Aurora docs the field types end at #15 with the 'List' type. There are 19 total field types for Odyssey GFF (0-18).

• Like 1

You'd think so, but no. They are field types 16-18. In my Aurora docs the field types end at #15 with the 'List' type. There are 19 total field types for Odyssey GFF (0-18).

Huh, weird. My docs also end at 15, I don't think there's any newer ones. Thanks, I'll probably need that for GFF patching.

There is a work around that ive found to work pretty well. but its not great for any tls patcher mods that edit anything outside of an override folder. Tend to run into some errors when you do. Find a mod with the dialogue.tlk. Ive included it here for you. Create a folder called override, and paste the dialogue.tlk in it. Now run your tsl patcher mod, and when it asks for the path,direct it to your newly created Override folder. Hit install and bam, theres your working mod. Just paste every file ( minus the dialogue.tlk) in their into the override folder in the android directory for your game. The benifits of this are say you want to add more than one PC head to your game, it modifys the .2da instead of overriding each one.
You could try pasting the dialogue.tlk directly into the andriod game folder, and see if it works that way. Im unsure whats that would do for your game though.

dialog.tlk

• Like 2

If anyone is wondering about the status of this: it's not abandoned. It is, however, going slow due to me being in school. So while I'm not abandoning it, it's gonna be a while. The school year has about a month left, hopefully after that I'll have more time to do this. And without the stress of school I should be able to do a better job on it than I would during the school year. So hopefully over break I can get stuff done on this (at least until school starts again), but obviously no promises.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:04 PM, Ashla said:

There is a work around that ive found to work pretty well. but its not great for any tls patcher mods that edit anything outside of an override folder. Tend to run into some errors when you do. Find a mod with the dialogue.tlk. Ive included it here for you. Create a folder called override, and paste the dialogue.tlk in it. Now run your tsl patcher mod, and when it asks for the path,direct it to your newly created Override folder. Hit install and bam, theres your working mod. Just paste every file ( minus the dialogue.tlk) in their into the override folder in the android directory for your game. The benifits of this are say you want to add more than one PC head to your game, it modifys the .2da instead of overriding each one.
You could try pasting the dialogue.tlk directly into the andriod game folder, and see if it works that way. Im unsure whats that would do for your game though.

dialog.tlk

You should be able to just add dialogue.tlk into the app data folder and run TSLPatcher from a PC and it should work, correct (although I haven't tested). Note that iirc the Android app uses a different audio type so custom audio won't work. But everything else (text dialogue, textures, modules, etc) should work. Although if you use a dialogue.tlk from a PC version, you will have the PC versions of some text (specifically some settings have descriptions that have been adapted for mobile controls, so a PC dialogue.tlk will give you the descriptions for a keyboard and mouse).

• Like 1

Hi guys, thanks for working on this! Sorry to ask, I just need some basic usage info, can you point me to some kind of tutorial? My problem is that I'm trying to install a tslpatcher.exe mod, but after I select the exe file from the file chooser input and hit Install, the app just keep saying "Please install KOTOR!". I tried to move the tslpatcher.exe and its folder to the folder where the game is installed but still no luck. Can you help? Thanks!

On 9/27/2021 at 2:11 PM, Pluvie said:

Hi guys, thanks for working on this! Sorry to ask, I just need some basic usage info, can you point me to some kind of tutorial? My problem is that I'm trying to install a tslpatcher.exe mod, but after I select the exe file from the file chooser input and hit Install, the app just keep saying "Please install KOTOR!". I tried to move the tslpatcher.exe and its folder to the folder where the game is installed but still no luck. Can you help? Thanks!

It might just be broken, unfortunately. It doesn't even launch on my device anymore... What Android version are you on? One of the semi-recent releases removed the ability to access the folder that the game's files are in, might be that.

I've been planning to rewrite it, because Android updates have messed with it a lot, but mental health stuff has made that... challenging.

Sorry, wish I could offer more aid than that.

Yo downloaded it doesnt work anymore its probably dead because it was made since 2018 and no updates are coming out just in case the dev sees this its a program breaking bug (duh) and my android is v12 phone is samsung a21s its kinda sad that its dead it had so much potential 

7 hours ago, WarringMunky said:

I've never really known what TSLPatcher even does.

What I think it does is take multiple mods that change the same file in KOTOR & puts the changes to that file from both mods into one. Am I close?

Im pretty sure thats what it does we on the same boat here

I also have no idea what to do with "path to tsl patcher.exe" and the choose file button just browses my file directory but theres never an option to select anything or do anything at all.