Sign in to follow this  
OrangeTheEternal

HK-47: Assassin Droid class

HK-47, especially "canon" HK (By which I mean the assassin that can make a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope), is underwhelming. Has been for a decade and a half. He's hilarious, and I love him as a companion, but he's never as deadly with a rifle as he could be. Even with his unique "Assassination Protocols" Feat in KOTOR II, he severely disappoints. You can give him twin pistols, and that helps, but then he just feels like every other ranged dual-wielder. SO. I propose that the Assassin droid (Or rather, the "Combat Droid" Character class) gets some tweaks to his class mechanics.

Now, I want to preface this by saying that I know I can do all of these things with KSE. I have done this before - That's how I tested the class modifications to make sure it worked. But I want to make this organic, so that HK feels like he's supposed to be a proper assassin droid and not just a cool looking Soldier class.

The Principle behind these changes is Disable-Destroy-Repeat, and revolves around giving HK the "Sneak attack" feats and the ability to stealth. His droid gadgets become more useful thanks to being able to make use of his own stuns, and the stun from master sniper shot combined with the larger crit range on rifles compared to pistols makes him feel like a proper marksma... droid. Marksdroid.

There'd need to be two versions, one for KOTOR and another for KOTOR II.

KOTOR

-A new feat called "Integrated Cloaking" or some such - Basically a clone of Juhani's "Force Camouflage" - that lets Assassin/Combat Droids enter stealth. (Or, just give him Force camo and call it a day?)

-Also make Stealth a Class Skill for Combat Droid

-Combat Droid borrows Sneak Attack from the Scoundrel Class, gaining Levels naturally on level up.

KOTOR II

-Droid Cloaking already Exists as one of GOTO's unique feats. Give him that.

-Stealth Class Skill

-Precise shot, Targeting and Sneak attack awarded on Level up.

So what do y'all think? Possible?

• Like 4

KOTOR

-A new feat called "Integrated Cloaking" or some such - Basically a clone of Juhani's "Force Camouflage" - that lets Assassin/Combat Droids enter stealth. (Or, just give him Force camo and call it a day?)

-Also make Stealth a Class Skill for Combat Droid

-Combat Droid borrows Sneak Attack from the Scoundrel Class, gaining Levels naturally on level up.

KOTOR II

-Droid Cloaking already Exists as one of GOTO's unique feats. Give him that.

-Stealth Class Skill

-Precise shot, Targeting and Sneak attack awarded on Level up.

So what do y'all think? Possible?

Hmmm... don't think you can change the name of the classes, but provided you add the proper feats and skills to HK's UTC file (p_hk47), it should work. Just be sure to add all the proper feat levels with their prerequisites. For instance, if you give him sneak attack 3, be sure to give him sneak attacks 1 and 2.

There is one Problem with Sneak Attack on HK: AFAIK you need to be 10m or closer to the Target, destroying the whole Idea of the Sniper Droid. Furthermore would Sneak Attack incline the Player to use Rapid Shot on HK, since Sneak Attack Damage is added after any Critmultiplier and therefore scales best with as many Attacks as possible which would furthermore benefit the Dual Blaster HK more than the Sniper Rifle HK. If you want to change that for K1 you would need to make Blaster Rifles viable. Either by using the "Repeating Blaster Attacks Restoriation"-Mod which doesn't increase the Number of Attacks on Sniper Shot, even with the "Power Blast and Sniper Shot Fix" (https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1322) or by using the "Weapon Base Stats Re-balanced"-Mod. Both wouldn't fix the Problem that Sniper Shot isn't a viable Alternative or that non-Jedi Companions suck in K1. To fix the latter Problem you could try to give HK something similiar to the Force Speed Power. Call it "Overclocking" and let it cost HP instead of FP, if that is possible. If you're lucky it could even work with the "Power Blast an Sniper Shot Fix". I hoped my Input helped a little bit.