jc2

MOD:Party Leveler K1

Party Leveler K1

By Request of an anonymous /r kotor discord user, seconded by 134340Goat.

JC2 Presents: Party Leveler K1

Allows the player to fully upgrade each companion from level one, keeping their original class intact as well.
If you auto level up your companions, then this might not be the mod for you.
However, if you enjoy strategically improving each companion to their full potential, then this is your mod.

Jolee and Juhani join the party at level one, letting the PC have more control over their force power progression by five levels (default for both is level 6).

Note: Does not affect Juhani in the Grove, nor Jolee before he becomes party member on Kashyyyk.

Installation: Unzip and run TSLPATCHER.

Uses tslpatcher, should be compatible with nearly everything, be sure to install your mods in the correct order. Any mod you think might use the same files, install that mod, then install mine using the tslpatcher everything should be compatible. Otherwise, you risk incompatibility issues.

Incompatible with Shem's Force Power Gain, without removing some of the Force Powers Juhani and Jolee have at the start to prevent level up soft locking. This can be done with the KSE. The reason this is incompatible is that Shem's mod allows classes to gain more force powers per level up, which causes the player to run out of selectable powers soft locking during leveling up. 

I hope you enjoy!
As always, any feedback regardless of its nature is appreciated.

• Submitter
    jc2
  • Submitted
    11/08/2017
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

Will the Jedi Characters have a starting pair of force powers at level one then?

I removed a few of the jedi character's force powers, to keep it balanced, but only like 2 for Bastila (joins level 4), and 3 for jolee and juhani (joins lvl 6). So yes, they do have a 2-4 force powers already when you get them.

Woo!

Would you mind making one for K2?

Sure! Just got KT working for TSL a few days ago. 

• Like 2

Sounds awesome
What happens when Bastilla rejoins u, if u chose dark side?
I was kinda annoyed she didnt have the skills i gave her earlier (not even the DS abilities)

Also, you mentioned it might be imba, but we can use mods to make general game harder.
Do you use those? if so, which settings?

Anyway, good job!

Sounds awesome

What happens when Bastilla rejoins u, if u chose dark side?

I was kinda annoyed she didnt have the skills i gave her earlier (not even the DS abilities)

Also, you mentioned it might be imba, but we can use mods to make general game harder.

Do you use those? if so, which settings?

Anyway, good job!

Interesting, I had not thought of that about Bastila rejoining. I think I will look into that. I had forgotten about the spell removal. I wonder if K1 fixed that. ..

Might be imba only because you have a bit more control, so not really, but I highly recommend Darth Shan's K1 and TSL difficulty mod >http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/874-k1-and-tsl-difficulty-options/

Max settings if you can handle it! You'll probably need a few mods though.

Woo!

Would you mind making one for K2?

Just uploaded for submission! 

Just updated, to include option to fully upgrade Evil Bastila from level 1. Check out readme for disclosure about incompatiblities and how it works. Will not allow you to retain previous skills you gave to Bastila, since I do not think that is possible. 

Jolee and Juhani join the party at level one, letting the PC have more control over their force power progression by five levels (default for both is level 6).

Sorry for asking you this really late after the mod's release, but what are the starting force powers for Bastila, Juhani and Jolee at level 1? 

Sorry for asking you this really late after the mod's release, but what are the starting force powers for Bastila, Juhani and Jolee at level 1? 

That's okay, um I don't remember.

I reduced them from 6 powers to 4 powers, because I wasn't sure of the leveling and didn't want to do the math.

You can check them out by opening their UTC files with the K-GFF editor, then looking at their spells which has a number.

Reference those numbers with the spells.2da and you'll know.

This is the data you should find :

Jolee

6 = FORCE_POWER_AFFECT_MIND

22 = FORCE_POWER_FORCE_VALOR

23 =  FORCE_POWER_FORCE_PUSH

47 =FORCE_POWER_DROID_STUN

Juhani

8 FORCE_POWER_SPEED_BURST

23 FORCE_POWER_FORCE_PUSH

42 FORCE_POWER_RESIST_ENERGY_1

45  FORCE_POWER_SLOW

Bastila 

23 = FORCE_POWER_FORCE_PUSH

46 = FORCE_POWER_STUN

Now that you know what is left, let me know what you think of it. 

Edit: However, looking back the tslpatcher is only going to change the level of the UTC to 1 and won't remove it's force powers, if and only if you have another mod that has already added party member UTC files to it. (in other words, if a file is in your override already it will only be reduced to level 1 without removing force powers to counter-balance this).

Should I update that and remove powers from UTC files that already exist in the override? 

That's okay, um I don't remember.

I reduced them from 6 powers to 4 powers, because I wasn't sure of the leveling and didn't want to do the math.

This is the data you should find :

Jolee

22 = FORCE_POWER_FORCE_VALOR

23 =  FORCE_POWER_FORCE_PUSH

47 =FORCE_POWER_DROID_STUN

Juhani

8 FORCE_POWER_SPEED_BURST

23 FORCE_POWER_FORCE_PUSH

42 FORCE_POWER_RESIST_ENERGY_1

45  FORCE_POWER_SLOW

Bastila 

23 = FORCE_POWER_FORCE_PUSH

46 = FORCE_POWER_STUN

Cool! I'm curious, how did you choose those powers? From something like the WOTC KOTOR campaign book or your own opinion. 

I know that you say that Jedi NPCs are set at level 1, but this seems like they all start out at level 3 with the number of force powers that they have. If they started at level one, they should only have 2 powers, right?

Sorry for asking, I don't have KOTOR1 on my PC yet. (I have a 4 CD version, but it kept crashing on my Windows 10 laptop.

Cool! I'm curious, how did you choose those powers? From something like the WOTC KOTOR campaign book or your own opinion. 

I know that you say that Jedi NPCs are set at level 1, but this seems like they all start out at level 3 with the number of force powers that they have. If they started at level one, they should only have 2 powers, right?

Sorry for asking, I don't have KOTOR1 on my PC yet. (I have a 4 CD version, but it kept crashing on my Windows 10 laptop.

Those were the default powers, I only removed one or two because of "balance." 

Should I remove some more powers? If so which ones? 

Sorry to answer your question with a question, but I'm really not sure what I should do.

However, looking back the tslpatcher is only going to change the level of the UTC to 1 and won't remove it's force powers, if and only if you have another mod that has already added party member UTC files to it. (in other words, if a file is in your override already it will only be reduced to level 1 without removing force powers to counter-balance this).

Should I update that and remove powers from UTC files that already exist in the override? 

Those were the default powers, I only removed one or two because of "balance." 

Should I remove some more powers? If so which ones? 

Sorry to answer your question with a question, but I'm really not sure what I should do.

However, looking back the tslpatcher is only going to change the level of the UTC to 1 and won't remove it's force powers, if and only if you have another mod that has already added party member UTC files to it. (in other words, if a file is in your override already it will only be reduced to level 1 without removing force powers to counter-balance this).

If that's the case, I'd just leave the mod as is. It is your mod after all.  I did recognize the powers from the vanilla characters' feats and powers list. 

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/npcs/juhani.php

• Like 1

I'm sorry for a digging this thread up like this, but i have a question, what happen if you already recruit the companions, will their level reset to 1 while in your party ?

13 hours ago, reader15 said:

I'm sorry for a digging this thread up like this, but i have a question, what happen if you already recruit the companions, will their level reset to 1 while in your party ?

Honestly, cannot remember. Most likely it won't have an effect, but I'd give it a try if desired. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jc2 said:

Honestly, cannot remember. Most likely it won't have an effect, but I'd give it a try if desired. 

Thank JC love ya mod, i'm using your robe mod for my play through and loving it!

11 hours ago, jc2 said:

I think it goes like this: If a player recruits a party member without this mod, let's say they recruit Carth, save the game and then install this mod... loading that save would have a Level 3 Carth whilst the rest of the party, like Mission, would be level 1.