Sign in to follow this  
Torm

Trying to play KOTOR 1....

Anybody have any advice or a link on how to successfully play kotor 1 on a windows 7 machine? I am currently running directx 11, a nvidia GTX 260 and a intel I7 processor...

I'm still using XP but I have seen a lot of people stating that they are having difficulties getting KOTOR to run on a Win 7 system so your problem isn't isolated.

If I hear anything or see a fix online I'll post it here.

ya I found a thread on the lucas arts forums.....its really extensive lmao its not like I CANT do it but its a lot of effort haha...I wonder if the download version on direct2 has the same problem...I know it does say win7 is not supported for the game...

Curious. I've got windows 7 and I think I've played Kotor without any issue. I don't remember quite clearly, but that's this.

thanks for the help wolf. I will try this....I think part of my problem is that my game is the original retail copy so its old of old...I dont know of this applies to only the steam version..if thats the case and it does work im ok with throwing down the 9 bucks....

I've had some pretty bad crashissues with KOTOR1 still with XP (Retail, UK). Not sure how I fixed it though, but I do now it would still 100% crash when killing the 2 Terentatak in the Tomb on Korriban (the one in the cave was about 50% so still saved there beforehand).

Good thing you don't *have* to fight them...

I had crash issues with KOTOR 1 on XP also, I found a website and it recommended this.

Open up the KOTOR ini file in notepad then go to [Graphic Option]

At the bottom of this list add the following line:

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

I did the above and almost all my crash issues went away, there was one point in the game I couldn't get past due to it constantly crashing but this small fix solved all my problems.