Sign in to follow this  
MotleyNerd

Game-Breaking "Bug Fix" Problem I've stumbled upon.

Hello, everyone! Bit new to the community, would like to say hi.

Now that's out of the way, I've discovered a game-breaking glitch, and would like to give everyone a heads-up.

For those who use mods that add new models and textures to lightsabers in TSL, such as SLM and Duplisaber, some may have the issue where the models appear as simple, colorless chrome blobs without texture to them. Someone came up with an easy fix for this, and edited one of the lines the swkotor2.ini file: One changes the line "DisableVertexBufferObjects=1" to "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1".

Do not do this. It fixes the bug, but will also cause the game to crash at certain areas in-game. The two that happened to me were the Korriban Shyrack Cave, where it crashed as soon as the level loaded, and at the Telos Restoration Zone, crashing sometime during the dialog with your party and Bao-Dur. There are likely several other locations where this may happen. It's taken me nearly two weeks of experimentation with setups and different mods to figure this out, and I've reinstalled my game seven times now. Probably a stupid thing to do, considering there are several people in the community here who have actual troubleshooting experience, but I digress.

If there is another plausible and non-glitchy way of solving the missing lightsaber texture bug that these mods have, I would be elated to know.

Thank you,

MotleyNerd

If there is another plausible and non-glitchy way of solving the missing lightsaber texture bug that these mods have, I would be elated to know.

The problem is buggy code Aspyr added. The only proper solution is not to use their version (i.e. revert to the "legacypc" version in the beta tab). There is no way to fix it unless Aspyr themselves do it.

The problem is buggy code Aspyr added. The only proper solution is not to use their version (i.e. revert to the "legacypc" version in the beta tab). There is no way to fix it unless Aspyr themselves do it.

Interesting. Thanks for clarifying. :)