Sign in to follow this  
Haveayap

Ranger Solo: Anticipation Topic

I'm very meh on this one, even the name is predictably...dull. While I was hyped for Rogue One, the idea of a Han Solo prequel doesn't really interest me that much. Add to that, all the production dilemmas that have been reported recently don't fill me with confidence.

With that said, I'll no doubt go and see it, but I won't be going into it with very high expectations, I imagine. 

• Like 1

Naming anthology movies "a Star Wars Story" is fine, as it suggests being a story set in a Star Wars universe, not part of the main storyline, but the first part of the name... meh. It could be something more original. I hope they will call Obi-Wan movie "Hello There - a Star Wars story" :-P It would be nice, fitting and unconventional.

Official teaser and Super Bowl TV spot have been released:

Reactions? Nice to get something new to think about after the debacle that was VIII.

Looks terrible.

Only thing the teaser had going for it was that Star Destroyer shot.

Then they made it infinitely worse in the actual trailer by showing "Han Solo" and making him talk and act. Just... no, no.

I am not going to say it'll be worse than TLJ, but so far the trailer is worse than TLJ's and we know how good that movie was.

I don't feel any Star Wars, Han Solo vibe her. Just... another Kathleen Kennedy screwup in the making vibe.

• Like 3

The only reason I'm interested in this movie is r/Prequelmemes. Like, SW for me was mostly about morality, and ofc space wizards. Since Han tells Luke in ANW he doesnt believe in force and stuff, we probably won't see any of that in Solo. 

I enjoyed TFA honestly, RO was inoffensive and safe, TLJ is the worst film in any franchise. At least Batman Forever understood the character.

Han solo seemed really off. IDT i will go to the cinema and watch this film tbh after the first few SW films from disney.

This looks worse than Rogue One.

(mostly because it's a Han Solo movie. It wouldn't be that bad if they called it "space adventures of an unknown smuggler").

• Like 2

This looks worse than Rogue One.

(mostly because it's a Han Solo movie. It wouldn't be that bad if they called it "space adventures of an unknown smuggler").

To be fair, I would watch anything with that title.

What's the point of Han Solo movie when there is no Han Solo in it? I know it's just a film but Disney's greed seems to have no limits. What's next (because certainly there are many)?

It looks alright...writing this movie off completely before even watching it just because you didn't like TLJ just seems silly to me (and I didn't even rate TLJ that high), anyway...

I wasn't hyped at all for this before the trailer, as I said in this topic I'll see it regardless, but with much lower expectations. However, after seeing the trailer I feel somewhat more confident in the fact in it despite its various production troubles. The shot of the Star Destroyer coming through the clouds and lightning looked amazing, Donald Glover looks absolutely spot on as Lando, still not sure on that guy as Han, though. He looks the part, but seeing him act in the trailer...I dunno, guess we'll see. I'm intrigued enough to see it, anyway.  

I'm also not a fan of the space pickup truck. I wish the designers of the new movies had a more creative approach to the worldbuilding, which aside from how I feel about the plot/acting/casting is my biggest complaint.

That TV spot was just terrible, but, I think the Teaser is better. This movie judging from the trailer this movie will suffer a similar problem that TLJ did: It will feature aspects that will resemble too much to real life. I'm not as hyped for this movie as I was for TLJ because unlike TLJ I don't even have an idea who the bad guys in this movie are going to be. It will most likely be the Empire but from the teaser, it looks like smuggling factions will be included in as well. 

I'm expecting this movie to be about a Star Wars Cartel who is rivals with many gangs and the Empire on top of it all. The planets and vehicles will likely feature Real Life aspects that ruin the movie and as with every other Disney Star Wars movie, it will introduce a hundred weird alien species that almost break the fourth wall crammed into one shot that won't get more than a paragraph on Wookiepedia. When was the last time we saw a Twi'lek in a Star Wars movie?

The Super Bowl trailer was meh, but this new trailer sealed the deal.

Coming from someone that actually found things I liked in TLJ, I'll charitably say that this movie seems . . . inessential. This is a soft pass for me.

It looks alright...writing this movie off completely before even watching it just because you didn't like TLJ just seems silly to me (and I didn't even rate TLJ that high), anyway...

I was already planning to not go to the cinema for it to boycot Disney, but seeing it's bad makes it all the easier.

I'm not writing the movie off till I see it (long long time from now), but as far as the trailer go, the projection is it's terrible. And I wont spend my cash on it.

Not going to fall for that one again.

• Like 2

Anyone notice how the Falcon looks completely different? Never knew it had a different shape.

I went back and rewatched and saw it this time. Seems absurd to change the shape of the Falcon, especially when the shape is part of what makes it so beloved.

It doesn't have a new shape. The only difference is that the empty part between the front mandibles is now filled out with a freight container or something. (And the radar dish is different.)