Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

Alternative Landing and Take-Off Videos for M4-78 EP?

Not sure why I made a blog about this instead of putting the requests where it belongs - here. Time to rectify that now. If you've already read that blog, I'm merely restating the same thing below.

I asked tjsase if he could redo his M4-78 landing and take-off videos but using the skyboxes from Stoney's original mod but he might not be able to do it for time reasons. Is anyone else up to the challenge of something on the level of tjsase's video? I can provide sound effects and the music used during the landing sequences. The landing video music can not be found in the files normally without sound effects but luckily, I kept a copy of Darth_Delator's original landing music. (As for take-off videos, using other music from KOTOR2 might be a better idea.)

(If this is something you'd like to see too, like this post so others may gauge general interest.)

• Like 3

I'll see what I can do , I hate those original m4 videos ,my remade videos were shot in 800x600 resolution like all the other videos. What resolution would you all like?

• Like 2

For me personally, 1920x1080 would be perfect. But I have no idea how many people still play it in 4:3. It is a 4:3 game afterall, so maybe 1600x1200? Would it be a lot of extra work to do 16x9 and 4x3? Given that kotor won't play 4k biks, I'd say those two would be the highest res we can get for cutscenes. Unless the steam patch changed the bik version, I haven't tried that.

Wouldn't be any extra work really once everything set up just hit render and walk away for several hours. :thumbup:

• Like 1

If you have any suggestions for the videos, you might want to make them now - before Stoney starts the rendering process.

I'd suggest if you make a new video I'd suggest make three versions: one with the hq movie patch resolution, one in 1080p, and one in the resolution without the patch so that way people can pick what they prefer/what best fits their system. (Though start with the hq movie patch resolution first)

Can I also suggest do not do what tjsase did in his mod where the Ebon Hawk leaves where it goes upside down instead just have the camera turn without having the camera flip like all the other movies in the game with the Ebon Hawk taking off.

What N-DReW25 suggests in terms of resolution would actually be perfect.

But as for the second part of his post: Shouldn't it feel like all the other movies in the game?

I really like the Ebon Hawk landing/starting scenes were you can actually see the ship flying across the planet for a bit (like the korriban one in k1). Would it be possible to have a shot of the Ebon Hawk flying across some of the zones of m4-78?