N-DReW25

Party Member Conversations in Apartment and Ebon Hawk (K1)

In TSL certain party members can talk to each other on the Ebon Hawk. Some of these scenes can be important to the plot, funny, beneficial to some party members and so on. In K1 we don't have this, the closest thing K1 has to that is whenever you're outside the Ebon Hawk and party members begin to randomly talk to each other halting the progress of the game in the process. My request is a mod that moves those conversations from outside the Ebon Hawk to onboard the Ebon Hawk, this will be good as it will not stop the player from doing something else on a planet and it will show some conversations that aren't really seen for example if you don't bring Jolee with you all the time you may not get to see his conversation with different party members. A mod like this will show those conversations we don't really get to see.

And if someone does make this a mod perhaps make it more than just talking, for example with the Carth/Canderous war conversation Carth may be typing in the security room of the Ebon Hawk and Canderous walks in and begins the conversation "Hey Carth, you've served in the Mandalorian Wars" etc. These types of cutscenes make it look like the party is doing stuff on the Ebon Hawk and not just standing around.

• Like 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

The fear here, for me at least, would be disturbing the EBO scripts accidentally in the process. There are still EBO triggers in K1, and breaking those would break the game.

The above poster is capable of dealing with these potentialities... It is an interesting idea :)

I looked at the existing OnEnter script and it really doesn't do much. It just changes the skybox. I'm guessing the other triggers are done with actual trigger objects rather than the script. There may be stuff I'm overlooking but I don't think it would be a scripting problem. The work would be in making all the cutscenes, and also editing the banter dialogue to account for the changes.

I looked at the existing OnEnter script and it really doesn't do much. It just changes the skybox. I'm guessing the other triggers are done with actual trigger objects rather than the script. There may be stuff I'm overlooking but I don't think it would be a scripting problem. The work would be in making all the cutscenes, and also editing the banter dialogue to account for the changes.

ebo_m12aa has an OnEnter script in both the .are and the .ifo, make sure you take both into account. :)

I'd be for it. Your character's dialogue choices are completely meaningless and just serve to interrupt the flow of the conversation anyways. Doesn't change any responses, doesn't give you any alignment, and influence wasn't a thing yet, so

I'm 100% for it. Those Hawk scenes in K2 are a highlight of the game for me, and some of the best companion to companion conversations (like Carth and Canderous, Bastilla and Jolee) I just never see because I don't use those combinations

• Like 3

I like this idea as well. Unless you kept rotating your party constantly in KOTOR 1, then you'd miss some really interesting dialogue and banter between party members.  If this idea comes to fruition, good luck to who ever works on this as a future project.

I too think that this is a great idea but I also quite liked the banter occuring while being one planets, so maybe this could be done in a way that each banter can occur both on the Ebon Hawk and randomly on planets. Of course, once it took place in one of these cases, it wouldn't appear again in the other.

I'm sorry for the necro, but is this still being worked on? Replaying K1 again, and I've been struck by how much I miss the Ebon Hawk banter from TSL.