doboy

Turning characters into holograms?

I haven't had much luck with this, and I was wondering if anyone else had.

I've tried applying an effect to an npc through script, but there doesn't seem to be any listed hologram effect. I've also checked the "Is Hologram" box in the .utc, but I don't see any changes. Any ideas why?

Are you changing the .utc file and then just loading a saved game? If so, then you wouldn't see any changes; the game saves everything from the .utc file into a saved game and loads it from there.

To see your changes, you'll need to use a save from before ever entering an area with that .utc file to see the new changes.

Are you changing the .utc file and then just loading a saved game? If so, then you wouldn't see any changes; the game saves everything from the .utc file into a saved game and loads it from there.

To see your changes, you'll need to use a save from before ever entering an area with that .utc file to see the new changes.

Ok, this worked. I didn't know it saved a copy and thought it just loaded the new version in the override folder like it does with scripts. Thanks man.