Sign in to follow this  
CrisG

Old Star Wars Hand Returning

Hello All

I am very glad to see Deadly Stream is still here and work is under way on projects. I was active years ago and for years in support of the classic SW games and various restoration projects and active in collecting rare and vanishing resources, Mods, levels and assets. I have managed to save a lot but life took me away for a number of years. I have been active in learning to create digital assets for various sims and games and hope to return to activity and support here.

I will take time to restore my installed game, i use both a XP SP3 system for classic game work and also Win 8.1 and hope to get my entire collection restored. i was sorry to see that Lucas Arts Files site forum was severely trimmed and may not even still be there, i have not checked. I had a lot of old mods and levels saved there for users under the various game titles, and hope to regain contact with some of the people i worked with there.

I will be happy to assist in ongoing restoration efforts once i get my feet back in the SW world

thanks to all for continuing this valueable work. I consider the entire series of Classic SW lucas Arts games and the ones by various developers classic treasures and hope to see the lore and the hundreds of levels, mods and items preserved. Was sorry to see the Massassi Temple faded away but i was able to save some of those assets as well. 

May the Force Continue to be Strong in us All!

CrisG

• Like 3

Thansk Jc2 and Darth Insidious!  much appreciated. 

Sorry to have been so long away, but that happens ......

Cris

Was sorry to see the Massassi Temple faded away but I was able to save some of those assets as well.

Did MT go off line?  Then I'm glad I saved the Stormtrooper sound effect Tutorial from there.  (It's in my blog here.)

Hi Sith and ys sadly the Temple closed, i managed to salvage quite a bit, and will try to upload and share when i have time.

Hi Mandalore, yes it was a while...i think i was last active some years ago, i had a long tussle with cancer but ended up defeating the Dark Force in that but took nine operations and quite a bit of time. I have tried to keep an eye out but really have not had time to keep up on what is being done and released. My interests have covered all of the tame, and esp the restorations or upgrades for various games to make them playable on successive generations of OS, but now we have GOG and other updates to help us with that. 

I also have tried to archive and save as many of the best Mods, levels and assets as I could over the years focusing on canon content, and not fantasy or non canon things. I am happy to be able to return as time will allow and very glad to see the success of the two major restoration projects and also the Droid Factory! that is great to hear and see.

so hello to all, and thanks for continuing the support and work.

Cris

Greetings Z and the Force Be With You!

good to be remembered. My starship got lost in some far away nebula and i was surrounded by Sith, had to go into cold Sleep hidden inside an abandoned astroid Base and when i woke up i had lost most of my memory. Took years to track down my true identity working my way thru every low life bar and cantina on half of the backwater planets in the system.

Glad to be back but my X wing skills are rusty, my light saber needs a new crystal and a lot of upgrades, and I am so out of the loop i will need my astromech to find it for me:)

working my way thru re installing the SW games all 37 of them. geez...why so many differnt OS?

CrisG

Aging Jedi

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the cancer, CrisG, but man I'm glad to hear you beat it. Good for you man! Welcome back to the community and glad to see you here on DS. :welcome:

And I was wondering what happened to you. I remember seeing your name on other popular game websites as well, like this one...

http://web.archive.org/web/20071029105408/http://farcry.crymod.com/portal.php

http://web.archive.org/web/20071001000000*/http://farcry.crymod.com/portal.php

I saw your name and posts on that website many times besides LF, unless that was someone else using the same name, but it seems you got around a lot back then. ;)