Sign in to follow this  
Whyp

KotOR I - Windows 10 Lag

A while back I started a mod named "Nar Shaddaa Expansion" for TSL, but I got bored and started playing SWTOR. Anyways, I decided to get back to modding TSL and K1, problem is, K1 runs extremely slow and sluggish. (30 fps AT BEST). It's weird, since K2 runs extremely good.

Laptop Specs:

CPU: I7 6700 HQ 2.60 GHZ 
RAM: 8 GB 
Video Cards: 1. Integrated: Intel HD 530 (Secondary GPU) 
                      2. External: GeForce 950m (Primary GPU)

Any help will be appreciated.

Is it actually running on the Geforce GPU? I've heard of people unknowingly running on the integrated GPU.

Yup.

Have you tried turning off frame buffer effects and shadows, grass?

I have problems with Kotor 2 on my win 8 PC, it's bad but not as bad as you are describing(still makes the droid planet unplayable (7 fps))

Maybe it's a problem with the newer operating systems? Try running in compatibility or using a virtual win xp shell?

Have you tried turning off frame buffer effects and shadows, grass?

I have problems with Kotor 2 on my win 8 PC, it's bad but not as bad as you are describing(still makes the droid planet unplayable (7 fps))

Maybe it's a problem with the newer operating systems? Try running in compatibility or using a virtual win xp shell?

1. Already turned off. 

2. KotOR 2 runs like a charm on this laptop.

3. I don't see the problem. Maybe it's because Odyssey 1.0 (K1 engine) wasn't made for high-end machines, while the updated one (Odyssey 2.0, KotOR 2 engine) was updated to 4K? IDK