I wasn't quite sure where to broach this topic.

I know that RedHawke's mods can be found at > http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/.

But they lack the tslpatcher making them incompatible with most mods.

What I am suggesting to do is to reupload the mods, and include a tslpatcher for them to increase compatibility.

I was given permission directly from Chainz.2da who was given caretaker authority over RedHawke's mods.

I can provide proof of this. 

What do the Admins think of this idea? Would it be something even considerable or out of the question because the mods are hosted elsewhere?

I remember asking this question almost a year ago, to DarthParametric who said it would be unnecessary to repost them on DS.

At the time, I consented to his respected opinion. However, in light of knowing how much the tslpatcher can do, and how to use it. I would like to repost these mods to keep them seen and used by the community. 

In case you did not know, I am a huge fan of Redhawke's mods and would not want to port, steal, or act in any malicious way against RH or RH's property.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah if you have permission then I don't really see the harm.

But they lack the tslpatcher making them incompatible with most mods.

What I am suggesting to do is to reupload the mods, and include a tslpatcher for them to increase compatibility.

Some of them from the website have patchers they just look like they were made a windows 95 (No joke I installed one of them on my Windows 10 PC and it had a Windows 95 style border around it) but perhaps giving them newer patchers across all of his mods will help.

If you can get permission from Chainz.2da you should make a balance patch that reduces the OP stats of some of the items in his mods and the NPC's in the Ord Mantell Mod. In one of his mods, you can literally obtain a set of armor that has a defense bonus of 19 on the Endar Spire! And the NPC's in Ord Mantell are no better if you had no other mod besides Ord Mantell, be level 20 and have found all the star maps and you decide to fight some of the NPC's in the mod you will learn you'll die as soon as you unpause the game to actually begin fighting the NPC's. 

Not that I'm any kind of authority on this, but if you have permission then I can't think of any reason you shouldn't be allowed.

My opinion - The modder gave Chainz.2da all rights/permissions, and Chainz.2da said "go for it"... then there's no problem.

That being said, there are 2 mods in that site that I strongly believe deserve this:

1. Ord Mantell for KOTOR

2. Grant Kreia Prestige Class TSL 

- this one actually makes sense seeing as how her story is that the stronger your character gets the stronger she supposedly gets...

HONORABLE MENTION:

- The Crimson Sith Templar Robes skins have a lot of potential for future use - like new areas, maybe Malak's personal bodyguard(s), etc

I didn't mention the others as there are dozens and dozens of different variations of what's there, at that point it's a personal flavor thing vs new and/or improved content

SO sorry to bump this age-old thread however its title bears more significance than me posting 'JumpStationZ is closing"  😅

All of my mods are available on countless sites, including here.. however RedHawke's are not. My site will be closing on Aprill 11th, 2020 as I simply no longer have the time to do anything with the site. Haven't for years honestly, but I don't feel like paying for the site  any longer either... hehe.

Just a fair warning, if you want any of RedHawke's stuff.. or anyone who wants the mantle of maintaining Red's mods (I'd prefer the Deadly Stream Site itself or one of its staffers).. please feel free to volunteer. I'm quite sure Red would be grateful. 🙂

http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/

This also goes for my Mods Archive, so grab those mods while you can too. I've seen the link posted around here on the forums publicly, so it's not hard to find. Staff should have it, or you can email me for link. (I don't personally post it publicly for Mod Permissions sake / policy).

If anyone chooses to host Red's mods as his personal site (such as link above).. I think I made a "drop everything in one folder" archive version somewhere. If I can dig it up, I'll let Deadly Stream staff know. :)

• Like 4

when is jumpstationz Closing? Looks like i will be downloading the mods archive in the next few days 😂

6 hours ago, ChAiNz.2da said:

SO sorry to bump this age-old thread however its title bears more significance than me posting 'JumpStationZ is closing"  😅

All of my mods are available on countless sites, including here.. however RedHawke's are not. My site will be closing on Aprill 11th, 2020 as I simply no longer have the time to do anything with the site. Haven't for years honestly, but I don't feel like paying for the site  any longer either... hehe.

Just a fair warning, if you want any of RedHawke's stuff.. or anyone who wants the mantle of maintaining Red's mods (I'd prefer the Deadly Stream Site itself or one of its staffers).. please feel free to volunteer. I'm quite sure Red would be grateful. 🙂

http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/

This also goes for my Mods Archive, so grab those mods while you can too. I've seen the link posted around here on the forums publicly, so it's not hard to find. Staff should have it, or you can email me for link. (I don't personally post it publicly for Mod Permissions sake / policy).

If anyone chooses to host Red's mods as his personal site (such as link above).. I think I made a "drop everything in one folder" archive version somewhere. If I can dig it up, I'll let Deadly Stream staff know. :)

Thanks for giving us the heads up!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Haveayap said:

when is jumpstationz Closing? Looks like i will be downloading the mods archive in the next few days 😂

Server "says" April 11th (end of billing period)... but I'd grab them whenever you're able in case it shuts down sooner.

The process was automated so no telling when the Robot Overloads will bring down their hammer  😝

On 2/20/2020 at 2:40 PM, Haveayap said:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/ModsArchive/ it is the biggest archive of old mods on the net sadly, I downloaded all of the ones i still use time to time. Thanks for letting us know BTW!

It's well worth picking through these old mods. One I recommend is Veridical/deesra_expanded.zip. It gives the Twi'lek Jedi in the entrance of the Jedi Enclave (K1) more lines to explain the Jedi Code more in depth, the way Yuthura Ban does with the Sith Code . It's well written, with no grammatical or spelling errors. And it works with K1R.

There's a ModsArchive.zip there to download all of the mods at once, at 526M. Everyone should download that so these mods will not disappear.  There is a lot of Furio mods in there, too.

I use/have used most of Redhawke's mods in both K1 and TSL, really recommend downloading all of those. They do tend to be overpowered as they were meant to be used with the highest difficulty. But I recommend them for those who aren't so great at video games like myself. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ebony Moon said:

There's a ModsArchive.zip there to download all of the mods at once, at 526M. 

Where? Can you please link it?

Forget it please, im just stupid

Edited by Ben123456789

For the sake of weighing in from an admin's perspective, our existing upload regulations account for this. Since Chainz was the archivist and he's given permission for the content to be rehosted, nothing special needs to be done; anybody can upload them, with the standard caveats that they need to provide credit to the original authors and that uploading the files does not equate to the right to modify the files (that needs to have been provided for in the readme, or blanket permissions to that effect need to have been given by the author at a prior point). @ChAiNz.2da, it might be wise with that in mind for you to state here that you give such blanket permission, if for no other reason than that it would facilitate users modifying your mods into more compatible TSLPatcher formats.

As for the archiving process, I am extremely busy at present so I can't handle the reuploading or I would do so myself; one of the other staff is free to take over the job if they want to do so in a systemic way, however. @Sith Holocron might be a good pick for that, if he has the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2020 at 1:48 PM, Snigaroo said:

As for the archiving process, I am extremely busy at present so I can't handle the reuploading or I would do so myself; one of the other staff is free to take over the job if they want to do so in a systemic way, however. @Sith Holocron might be a good pick for that, if he has the time.

My time is limited but I will see what I can do.  However, I do have a request for the admin folks...

For those modders that aren't on this site (like Quanon for example), I'd like for a new screen name to be created - such as "JumpStationZArchive" - so no one here gets undue credit for uploading the mods. Credit should always remain with the original modder and having my name (or anyone else's) attached to it lessens those modder's work.  AFAIK, administrators can still change the ownership of the mods from one person to another but moderators may not be in the same boat.  If one or more administrators can both create the pseudo-member and reassign the uploads to that account, I'd be willing to start work on this.

As I don't have time to go through every mod, I will not be listing compatibility for any of these mods nor providing representative pictures.  I will assume that each and every mod that I upload is incompatible with either K1R or TSL. Instead of a representative picture, I'll post something like this for each of the JumpStationZ archived mods.

iSe47FP.png

As I go through the mods, I'll also look over the documentation for each for spelling errors and also change the TXT files to either RTF or DOCX for modernization purposes.

Sound good, admin types?

@ChAiNz.2da: Does the above logo meet with your satisfaction?

Addendum: I have been informed through back channels that @jc2 is still quite willing to do this.  I commend him for his efforts if he does wish to continue and he can use the above logo if he likes.  (The font used above is "Verdana" and matches what @ChAiNz.2da used in his original logo on his site. IIRC, Verdana is a standard font included with Windows.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

As I go through the mods, I'll also look over the documentation for each for spelling errors and also change the TXT files to either RTF or DOCX for modernization purposes.

Sound good, admin types?

Addendum: I have been informed through back channels that @jc2 is still quite willing to do this.  I commend him for his efforts if he does wish to continue and he can use the above logo if he likes.  (The font used above is "Verdana" and matches what @ChAiNz.2da used in his original logo on his site.)

Yeah, I'll tackle Redhawke's mods. 

If that logo checks out, I think it's a great idea and will use it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SH's plan and "order of operations," if you want, seems logical to me. @jc2 has informed me that Chainz previously gave him permissions to modify those mods that need it to be TSLPatcher-based installs, and so if anybody wants to do that as part of the uploading process from our perspective that's fine (although you wouldn't need to do so; they can always be uploaded first and then, if there's demand, modified to be TSLPatchers later). Just upload the mods here on your accounts and I'll shift them over to a sockpuppet archive account as they come.

As he's said, jc2 has kindly volunteered to take on all of Redhawke's mods. If anyone else could volunteer to take some of the extra load off of SH he and I would both appreciate it. I'd honestly do this myself if I didn't have a new job and a lot less free time at present, so I do apologize about fobbing this off on other people to handle, but at present I just don't have a choice of it.

• Thanks 1

Once @Snigaroo makes the sock puppet account, we should be ready to go.  However, this thread seems to have a lot of folks that are enthusiastic about the JumpStationZ mods being available to the community.  It only makes sense to have many hands helping in this as we don't know how long we have. If you're interested in helping, why not state which of the modders you like to preserve by uploading their work to the site?  Here is the recommended way to proceed:

1. State which modder's work you're uploading.  Only choose one modder at a time.  (You can always volunteer again after checking who is available.)

2. Use the information in the Mod's read-me (where available) to create the mod description.  If spelling errors exist, please correct them.

3. If you wish to use the mod to gather pictures, you can do so but it is not required.  Use the logo in my last post in the thread and alter it accordingly for each mod uploaded.

4. If the mod is for KotOR1, put down that is not compatible with K1R.  If the mod is for KotOR2, put down that is not compatible with TSLRCM.

5. State in this thread which mods you have uploaded by stating both the modder and the official title. This will let other folks in the thread know which mods have already been taken care of so we don't have a duplication of effort.

If the admins deem a different way to proceed after I post this, they have blanket permission to adjust the suggestions as necessary.

Update: I have uploaded the following modder's mods which are hidden until they can be transferred to the alt account.  This list will be updated accordingly so check back here for continual updates.

Modders and whether their mod's uploaded have been 100% completed yet

AI (100% complete)

Achilles (in progress)

Agent Xim (100% complete)

Alveron182 (100% complete)

AVol (100% complete)

CaptainSkye (100% complete)

Colja (100% complete)

Colma Adawin (100% complete)

Commas (100% complete)

D.J. (100% complete)

Dak Vesser (100% complete)

Darkkender (100% complete)

Darth333 (in progress)

DarthMoeller [AKA Moeller] (100% complete)

Dragoon ZERO (100% complete)

Gsccc (100% complete)

JdNoa (100% complete)

numark79 (100% complete)

Oddball_E8 (100% complete)

ORSAN (100% complete)

Quanon (100% complete)

Prime (100% complete)

RedHawke (100% complete, courtesy of jc2)

Tesla (100% complete)

Torthane (100% complete)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You may have noticed that quite a few of these are up now.  I tackled the stuff you're seen from modders A through D.  jc2 is tackling RedHawke's mods when he can.  However until I get another day off, I'm done for now.  Perhaps it's time for you to follow the pattern I've started and help pick up the slack?  It would be appreciated.

Ask any questions you may have before you start.

• Thanks 2

On 2/22/2020 at 1:48 PM, Snigaroo said:

For the sake of weighing in from an admin's perspective, our existing upload regulations account for this. Since Chainz was the archivist and he's given permission for the content to be rehosted, nothing special needs to be done; anybody can upload them, with the standard caveats that they need to provide credit to the original authors and that uploading the files does not equate to the right to modify the files (that needs to have been provided for in the readme, or blanket permissions to that effect need to have been given by the author at a prior point). @ChAiNz.2da, it might be wise with that in mind for you to state here that you give such blanket permission, if for no other reason than that it would facilitate users modifying your mods into more compatible TSLPatcher formats.

Rehost/Upload + blanket permissions are granted. Please credit the original author and, if possible, include their original readme file with any upload. You can of course add or append your own readme along with upload that might contain any relevant information. I also have a permissions post in my blog, link in sig, pertaining to my own mods if any are unaware. They are 100% open to any one for any reason. Read the blog for details.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:54 PM, Sith Holocron said:

Absolutely  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m interested in some of the mods that were available on JumpStationZ, but don't seem to be on DS, at least not yet. Can anyone with ModsArchive.zip send it to me? If necessary, via PM.

@Sith Holocron, since you were in charge of uploading the mods here, do you still have that mod archive from JumStationZ?

4 hours ago, LoneWanderer said:

I’m interested in some of the mods that were available on JumpStationZ, but don't seem to be on DS, at least not yet. Can anyone with ModsArchive.zip send it to me? If necessary, via PM.

@Sith Holocron

Which mods by which authors?

6 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Which mods by which authors?

In particular, I’m interested in:

Xcom: Modified Grenade and Rocket Damage (file “xc_grenades.zip”)

TheSource: TelosPrtI.zip, TelosPrtII.zip, TelsBilSetIII10.zip

5 hours ago, LoneWanderer said:

In particular, I’m interested in:

Xcom: Modified Grenade and Rocket Damage (file “xc_grenades.zip”)

TheSource: TelosPrtI.zip, TelosPrtII.zip, TelsBilSetIII10.zip

I'll get 'em up by tonight. Done.

If you would do me a kindness and make some screenshots after you download them. No screenshots needed for MacLeodCorp's Telos Billboards Set III though, as that already has pictures in the file!

• Light Side Points 2