Sign in to follow this  
bencejedi

Portrait needed :(

Hey guys, in kotor 1 on the endar spire, you see a lightsaber combat trask tell you to stay away from.. and i would like to ask if it is possible for any one to create a portrait for that dark jedi that can be used in game? Thanks :D 

You might find this mod helpful.

http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/434/?

Though I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Why would you want a portrait of him? Portraits of people only matter if you can have that person in your party or as your PC, otherwise you cannot see a portrait.

Or do you simply want to have his portrait instead of whatever portrait you have for your PC, which would be a little odd since he doesn't look like any PCs.

• Like 1

Thank you my friend. although i was referring to the dark jedi with the silver armor fighting that jedi master that was killed by the explosion. and i would need a portrait for him because it is possible to play as that dark jedi via the save editor, id just have to edit the appearance :)

What do you want it named as?

Update: I'll let you deal with what you want to rename the files are so you can get it quicker. Make to rename both the TGA and TXI to the same name and then drop them in the Override.  

Unnamed Dark Jedi.7z

• Like 1

Thank you so much my friends. I have re named the files as Dportrait.tga and Dportrait.txi, and put them into the override folder. am i going to be able to find it in KSE save editor? because at the moment i can't find it :(

No, you need to add the new portrait to portraits.2da. You can open .2da files with KotOR Tool to add a new row with your new portrait. Then save the edited file to your Override folder. For more details on the portraits.2da file, have a look here.

• Like 1

Thanks man, i will look into it

Update : Well i have made the portrait's name appear in KSE, yet it comes up blank, would i have to link it to the appearance number of the dark jedi? ( Dark_Jedi_Sith_Apprentice )

I'm not sure if you have to but it certainly won't hurt. You still have the .tga and .txi in the Override, right? That would be necessary for the portrait to appear of course.

• Like 1

With KSE you pick an appearance, in appearances.2da that appearance refers to a head (from heads.2da), portraits.2da links to an appearance.
Keep in mind how those 3 files connect. Your appearance and head are already there, you only need to edit portraits.2da and make sure your tga files match the row that you add to that file. Good luck.

• Like 1