Sign in to follow this  
Guest Xedii X Warz

KOTOR 2012

Guest Xedii X Warz

THIS IS MY FINAL VISUAL MOD FOR KOTOR THE MAIN REASON IM DOING THIS IS TO MAKE IT LOOK NEATER THAN MY LAST MOD WITH LESS CLUTTERED TEXTURES.

More detail will be added to taris and mannan in final mod stage.

swkotor2011-02-0301-46-26-38.jpg

swkotor2011-02-0301-38-16-57.jpg

swkotor2011-02-0301-18-49-73.jpg

swkotor2011-01-2914-00-31-83_1.jpg

swkotor2011-02-0301-03-08-42.jpg

About pic 1: is it possible to make the floor shine like the upper metal ring?

Looks too shiny and plastic to me.

Could you add some relief and detail? Or was that your old mod, in which case... link?

Guest Xedii X Warz

About pic 1: is it possible to make the floor shine like the upper metal ring?

Yea u can its in the txi file

Looks too shiny and plastic to me.

Could you add some relief and detail? Or was that your old mod, in which case... link?

well thats why i added shine in some parts im trying to balance out shine vs to much shine it can be distracting in certain parts mainly the ground. Last mod had alot of detailed textures but the main issue with people was it didn't fit well

Let the nitpicking commence . . .

1) Your last set-up had issues with textures. Some needing to be flipped, and all had to be converted into a different file format. We don't have to all our converting ourselves again, do we? I have to convert hundreds of textures just to get the few I'll actually install, I can't see it as something I'll download.

2) Will you be getting those guys that did the Telos Polar Plateau skybox to do the rest of the planets? Which skyboxes have been/will be replaced in your mod?

3) You'll probably speed up distribution if you bundle up your mod and offer it as a torrent (in addition to the usual channels.) I still have people downloading your 2009 version on Demonoid.

4) This year is 2011, isn't it? What's with your mod's title?

4) I think he plans to release-it by 2012...

About the .txi file... I'm not familiar with this. Could you tell me how would that work?

Guest Xedii X Warz

Let the nitpicking commence . . .

1) Your last set-up had issues with textures. Some needing to be flipped, and all had to be converted into a different file format. We don't have to all our converting ourselves again, do we? I have to convert hundreds of textures just to get the few I'll actually install, I can't see it as something I'll download.

2) Will you be getting those guys that did the Telos Polar Plateau skybox to do the rest of the planets? Which skyboxes have been/will be replaced in your mod?

3) You'll probably speed up distribution if you bundle up your mod and offer it as a torrent (in addition to the usual channels.) I still have people downloading your 2009 version on Demonoid.

4) This year is 2011, isn't it? What's with your mod's title?

1.The main reason i did the dds was to cut the size of the file downloads but if many people are having issues then ill just may leave them tga.

2.There may be a few changed skyboxes in the dantooine pic is using a hdr skybox

3. The mod all together is 2.2 gb with my internet connection i could not upload that amount at once. How ever if you want to round up all the individual files and do it as a pack you can.

4) I think he plans to release-it by 2012...

About the .txi file... I'm not familiar with this. Could you tell me how would that work?

Txi are notepads with information telling the game to add shine to a certain texture. Ill be releasing txi files with my mod.....

Guest HK-47

Agreement: I'm going to have to agree with MrPhil and Hassat Hunter. More shiny, and more detail (like lines to indicate the spaces between tiles in the rock in front of the houses on Dantooine.)

Contemplative: I am a a bit partial to there being no extra lines on Taris, as you never saw anything to indicate where the metal plating goes together on Coruscant in the movies.

Statement: But when you're used to the game looking a certain way, you enhance it, and then remove such subtle things from the textures, it can make or break what you're going for and the number of downloads it'll get.

Compliment: Still it's good work. I like the idea of all enhanced textures. Now, the blasters could use some high res textures.

Guest Xedii X Warz

Agreement: I'm going to have to agree with MrPhil and Hassat Hunter. More shiny, and more detail (like lines to indicate the spaces between tiles in the rock in front of the houses on Dantooine.)

Contemplative: I am a a bit partial to there being no extra lines on Taris, as you never saw anything to indicate where the metal plating goes together on Coruscant in the movies.

Statement: But when you're used to the game looking a certain way, you enhance it, and then remove such subtle things from the textures, it can make or break what you're going for and the number of downloads it'll get.

Compliment: Still it's good work. I like the idea of all enhanced textures. Now, the blasters could use some high res textures.

Well one thing to remediable is some textures get re used in this game its a pain trying to balance out what looks right. Some thing might look good on taris top level then look out of place in the lower levels. So ive done my best at trying to make it all fit as best as possible.

My biggest complaint in the last kotor mod was things were to complicated looking for the game so thats why ive toned down certain areas.

OLD MOD 2009 pics see the difference

post-4717-0-42488900-1297816512_thumb.jpg

post-4717-0-53609300-1297816442_thumb.jpg

How do you know what texture is going to be where? For example, while trying to enhance Telos textures, I find that I usually don't know what texture is going to go where. The name somehow helps, but I'd like to know what you do? Some kind of plan? Trial and error?

Guest Xedii X Warz

How do you know what texture is going to be where? For example, while trying to enhance Telos textures, I find that I usually don't know what texture is going to go where. The name somehow helps, but I'd like to know what you do? Some kind of plan? Trial and error?

well it started out as trial and error 5 years ago but ive done 3 tsl versions and 2 kotor so i know where most textures are at but there are still a few i cannot find. As far as a plan well i use xnwiew to see the original texture and to see the texture i replaced it with. I used saved games from lucas files i created my own saves in different areas and changed textures till i found what i liked. The texture sharing in the game it causes difficulties but i do what i can. This kind of modding requires patience and motivation

Hope that helps you some

Guest Xedii X Warz

The floor tiles look WAAAY better in 2009, honestly. I'd say just rework the building textures mostly.

Well this is one of those shared textures if i had away to separate the two it wouldn't be a problem.

It's hard to criticize cause I can't do much graphic work. But they do look a bit surreal, little plastic as a few said. But its hard to tell for sure without seeing them ingame.

Overall, I really like them. Not many people put real effort into reskinning entire maps cause it's just too hard and time consuming for most of us :P ;)

Guest HK-47

Well one thing to remediable is some textures get re used in this game its a pain trying to balance out what looks right. Some thing might look good on taris top level then look out of place in the lower levels. So ive done my best at trying to make it all fit as best as possible.

My biggest complaint in the last kotor mod was things were to complicated looking for the game so thats why ive toned down certain areas.

OLD MOD 2009 pics see the difference

post-4717-0-42488900-1297816512_thumb.jpg

post-4717-0-53609300-1297816442_thumb.jpg

Agonized Exclamation: *Loud Gasp* MY PHOTO RECEPTORS! MY PHOTO RECEPTORS!!!

Guest Xedii X Warz

It's hard to criticize cause I can't do much graphic work. But they do look a bit surreal, little plastic as a few said. But its hard to tell for sure without seeing them ingame.

Overall, I really like them. Not many people put real effort into reskinning entire maps cause it's just too hard and time consuming for most of us :D :thumbsup:

Thanks well ive done the best i could with these mods considering the age of the game

Agonized Exclamation: *Loud Gasp* MY PHOTO RECEPTORS! MY PHOTO RECEPTORS!!!

Yea old 2009 taris was busy looking at it now

Well ...

The Temple Guardian must intervene.

The work is enormous and commendable. Efforts should be encouraged and the mastery of tools respected.

But ...

Kotor 2 has a deliberately dull atmosphere and in ruins.

Take the example of Korriban. It has been totally destroyed, 5 years earlier, by a bombing, on a global scale, by Malak, in order to avoid the re-uncover of a portion of the Galactic map, leading to the Stellar Forge, by Revan. Korriban is no more than a field of ruins. The walls are cracked and full of scarred. Sections of walls have fallen to the ground which is a jumble of dust and pieces of exploded architectures. Korriban is an ancient Sith shrine, lost several times, destroyed several times and so on. ... Already, in Kotor 1, it is more a field of archaeological researches than anything else. In the "Continuity", it must only appear as such, and even worse! It must be dangerous to walk on the surface because of debris etc.. ...

Take the example of the Polar Academy of Telos. Telos was bombed by Saul Karath which has killed millions of civilians. The entire planet is in ruins. The Atris Academy is, in the 2004 Kotor 2, in too good conditions. This planet irrigation system has been abandoned who knows how long. It's an industrial waste land. Atris is alone, with 6 ninny little girls who do not manipulate the Force.

Besides, what are they doing there? Where do they come from? They are supposed to be with their mother (for 5 of them) and stepmother, the wife of Yusanis, on Echany planet (Eshan). After Katarr, there were still one hundred of Jedi. This is certainly not before that time that Atris, Master and having a seat at the High Council of Coruscent is surrounded by handmaidens. Then, little by little, he remained only five Masters. So, it's very recently, there is less than a year, that Atris has arrived in the Polar Academy of Telos (where does she knows it?) and she asked for handmaidens! But to who, where, when, how? She went to see the widow of Yusanis saying "I commandeers your 5 girls and the one that your husband had had with Master Arren Kae?

Another question from Kotor 2 that remains unanswered.

The rooms and corridors of the Academy should contain traces sharp left by time insults (and a highly industrial use of the site with machinery, tasks and dirts everywhere ...). Atris fled here less than a year ago, just after the tragedy of Katarr. She has other things to do than to clean house! She must save, classify and study thousands of holocrons and other archives that she has saved, rebuild The Galaxy, foment other betrayals after that of Katarr ... (besides, she's crazy!)

The Academy on Dantooine: Malak returned there to try to destroy the Rakata’s temple, which is just next door, so that Revan could never retrieve the portion of the Galactic map leading to the Star Forge. He has totally ruined the Academy.

So, everything in Kotor 2 must be in a dull atmosphere, dusty, dangerous, damaged, abandoned, disturbing, mysterious ... nothing should be revealed, not even the details on the walls.

Cordially

Guest Xedii X Warz

Well ...

The Temple Guardian must intervene.

The work is enormous and commendable. Efforts should be encouraged and the mastery of tools respected.

But ...

Kotor 2 has a deliberately dull atmosphere and in ruins.

Take the example of Korriban. It has been totally destroyed, 5 years earlier, by a bombing, on a global scale, by Malak, in order to avoid the re-uncover of a portion of the Galactic map, leading to the Stellar Forge, by Revan. Korriban is no more than a field of ruins. The walls are cracked and full of scarred. Sections of walls have fallen to the ground which is a jumble of dust and pieces of exploded architectures. Korriban is an ancient Sith shrine, lost several times, destroyed several times and so on. ... Already, in Kotor 1, it is more a field of archaeological researches than anything else. In the "Continuity", it must only appear as such, and even worse! It must be dangerous to walk on the surface because of debris etc.. ...

Take the example of the Polar Academy of Telos. Telos was bombed by Saul Karath which has killed millions of civilians. The entire planet is in ruins. The Atris Academy is, in the 2004 Kotor 2, in too good conditions. This planet irrigation system has been abandoned who knows how long. It's an industrial waste land. Atris is alone, with 6 ninny little girls who do not manipulate the Force.

The rooms and corridors of the Academy should contain traces sharp left by time insults (and a highly industrial use of the site with machinery, tasks and dirts everywhere ...). Atris fled here less than a year ago, just after the tragedy of Katarr. She has other things to do than to clean house! She must save, classify and study thousands of holocrons and other archives that she has saved, rebuild The Galaxy, foment other betrayals after that of Katarr ... (besides, she's crazy!)

The Academy on Dantooine: Malak returned there to try to destroy the Rakata’s temple, which is just next door, so that Revan could never retrieve the portion of the Galactic map leading to the Star Forge. He has totally ruined the Academy.

So, everything in Kotor 2 must be in a dull atmosphere, dusty, dangerous, damaged, abandoned, disturbing, mysterious ... nothing should be revealed, not even the details on the walls.

Cordially

Well in depth observation never really look at it that way ill be updating some textures to kotor 2 later.

While I update my chronology of the Old Republic, it comes to my mind that in 5000 BBY, Gav Daragon gives the coordinates of the worlds of the Sith Empire to the Empress Teta (this is the begining of the Great Hyperspace War). It for 10 years, for revenge, the Republic, who has just discovered that Empire and the Sith which she had never heard of, will reduce all the Sith worlds to dust, starting with Korriban.

Also, Korriban temples (I.E. the one protecting the Galactic map shown in Kotor 1) where made by the Rakata, 25.000 years before !

I fully understand the great difficulty in artistic design of these atmospheres and decorations. There is tremendous need for creative and imaginative. It's much more difficult than large flat areas but it's so rewarding. The appearance must be the opposite of what Hassat Hunter called "plastic". But the old is so much prettier than the new. It's no longer create a material sample and repeat it indefinitely. It's the reverse. There are no two square centimeter of surface which looks the same! That said, I know nothing of the techniques and tools you use.

I wish you good luck because you hit a mammoth task.

Guest Mablus25

The glossy glow of the area which gives it a good shine from the sunshining on it keep it up on your modeling