N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy

Alright, so I've done what Kexikus suggested and did the "a_global_set" method. I've got my global script set in Atton's dlg and my boolean in the globalcat.2da. In order to have the boolean set and unlock Atton's dialogue will I have to use the "c_glob_bool_set" in another dialogue, so for example if I added "c_glob_bool_set" to Batu Rem's dialogue it will unlock after Batu's dialogue is finished?

In news on development: I'm working on multiple options for the installer. You can install the main mod and install the fixes this mod adds separately. 

I am also considering turning Fassa back into a Twi'lek just so the player can ask about Batu Rem. What do you guys think of this idea?

I have made an interesting discovery, in the Jekk Jekk Tarr there is dialogue to suggest Mira met up with Zez Kai Ell after the Exile was captured by Goto in a similar fashion to how Hanhar and Zez Kai Ell met up and fought. I will see what I can do with this new information. 

• Like 1

Alright, so I've done what Kexikus suggested and did the "a_global_set" method. I've got my global script set in Atton's dlg and my boolean in the globalcat.2da. In order to have the boolean set and unlock Atton's dialogue will I have to use the "c_glob_bool_set" in another dialogue, so for example if I added "c_glob_bool_set" to Batu Rem's dialogue it will unlock after Batu's dialogue is finished?

In news on development: I'm working on multiple options for the installer. You can install the main mod and install the fixes this mod adds separately. 

I am also considering turning Fassa back into a Twi'lek just so the player can ask about Batu Rem. What do you guys think of this idea?

For those who don't know this is what Fassa looked like originally.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fassa_(Twi%27lek)

I have made an interesting discovery, in the Jekk Jekk Tarr there is dialogue to suggest Mira met up with Zez Kai Ell after the Exile was captured by Goto in a similar fashion to how Hanhar and Zez Kai Ell met up and fought. I will see what I can do with this new information. 

Is there recorded or written dialogue in the game files for this then?

This snippet from Scorchy's page should help you.

XN1iIoJ.gif

There was a point where Mira does NOT break out and fight through dozens of Ubese. Remember Atton and friends from the Ebon Hawk were making their way down here to rescue you? Well, they don't find the Exile, but they do kill Visquis and find Mira locked up.

Mira: "Glad somebody arrived - saves me the trouble of having to break out of here. Name's Mira - I've been watching you all stumble around this moon for a while, causing trouble. Now you've got Goto's attention, and he's the last person you want to have watching you."

Atton: "And how did he capture you?"

Mira:  "Ugh! I was taken down like an amateur. I've never been inside the Jekk'Jekk Tarr, but they won't catch me the same way twice. You may have defeated Visquis, but you won't take down Goto so easily. And now he's the one who has your friend."

Okay, let's talk cut content. First, the Exchange wasn't even suppose to be here in the underground lair beneath the Jekk'Jekk Tarr. It was the original home of the Genoharadan. Parallel to the whole Goto/Bounty Hunter plot, the Genoharadan were sending out assassins to kill you, and you follow the trail back to here. It's a little weird because the Genoharadan were portrayed in KOTOR 1 as a secret society in the manner of the Illuminati or something. In KOTOR 2, they were a death cult dedicated to wiping out the Jedi. The Exile would have broken into here and killed a bunch of Genoharadan disciples, all of whom mutter things like:

"The GenoHaradan is life... and death."

"We see the death of our enemies in our waking thoughts and as we meditate."

"Death is the religion we worship."

"There is no higher calling than the GenoHaradan."

The Genoharadan leader was called Dessicus:

Dessicus: "So... you've crawled your way here. I admit, I thought to be dueling you on some far-distant world. But you have honored me by not wasting my time hunting you down."

PC: "You think you can kill me?"

Dessicus: "I do not think I can kill you - I have watched your movements, seen you fight, and I have already killed you a dozen times over."

PC: "I'd rather talk with you first - and find out who hired you to kill me."

Dessicus: "Do you think I would reveal it to you? If so, then you thought wrong. Prepare yourself - I have waited for this moment to test myself against the Jedi for some time. GenoHaradan Brothers - attack!"

After killing him:

Dessicus: "You have defeated me... but you will not leave here alive. This complex is a trap... when my heartbeat fails, this place shall explode, removing all trace of the GenoHaradan... and you."

At which point the underground base explodes. With the Exile still in it.

No, the exile doesn't get blown up; Zez-Kai Ell, the lost Jedi, rescues the Exile from the explosion. Obviously this doesn't jive with the fact Goto captures the Exile along the way too. I guess that's why the call it cut content.

Are you still following? Good. Back at the ship, everyone's panicking about the Exile's 'death'.

Handmaiden: "The exile, he is dead. We have lost - it is over."

Kreia: "No, now it begins. In hatred, there is unity. Against a common foe, even enemies may stand side by side."

Kreia: "Now they will turn on each other, and the betrayals will begin. They will feed on each other, until only one remains."

Kreia: "That which waits in the darkness will now show itself... and now the galaxy will begin to die."

Okay, here's the last part of the plot thread: Darth Sion. At the beginning of Nar Shaddaa, I included the cut scene where Sion follows the Exile to this planet. So in addition to the Genoharadan and the Exchange chasing after the Exile, you had Sion running around too. Well, Sion gets here too late, and thinks the Exile is dead, having died with the secret exploding Genoharadan base.

He then leaves and goes to... Darth Nihilus.

And you've probably seen this before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PodfqTulOCA

• Like 1

I've seen both of these before, although I haven't read or watched them recently. What I was curious about was whether there was dialogue between Mira and Zez.

For those who don't know this is what Fassa looked like originally.

Got any opinions? I also considered changing Quello into a Twi'lek just to let the Red Eclipse slavers kill him but his Toydarian voice is just too funny to remove for the sake of that.

I am confident it is recorded but it's literally just a dialogue of Mira and Zez in the escape tunnel's presumably the same one Hanhar got stuck in with the terminal, from what I can piece together Mira watched the Exile get captured and turns to Zez Kai Ell "Your friend has been captured by Goto" to which Zez doesn't reply. This would make sense because in Dark Side Zez would go to rescue Mira and go to the same spot where in dark side Hanhar is which we all know how that turns out.

There was a point where Mira does NOT break out and fight through dozens of Ubese. Remember Atton and friends from the Ebon Hawk were making their way down here to rescue you? Well, they don't find the Exile, but they do kill Visquis and find Mira locked up.

Mira: "Glad somebody arrived - saves me the trouble of having to break out of here. Name's Mira - I've been watching you all stumble around this moon for a while, causing trouble. Now you've got Goto's attention, and he's the last person you want to have watching you."

Atton: "And how did he capture you?"

Mira: "Ugh! I was taken down like an amateur. I've never been inside the Jekk'Jekk Tarr, but they won't catch me the same way twice. You may have defeated Visquis, but you won't take down Goto so easily. And now he's the one who has your friend."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PodfqTulOCA

Now that is something I want to take advantage of. In TSLRCM Mira escapes the Arena and goes to the Escape Tunnel and opens it to let the Jedi in as the doors are both connected I guess and Mira somehow gets captured and is locked in a storage room for Atton to come and save her, Atton also enters the Jekk Jekk Tarr without an Environmental Suit and Mira doesn't have a suit either so I'm guessing they went through the escape tunnel.

Using that quote I could probably rewrite the Jekk Jekk Tarr sequence to some degree so it isn't as plothole filled and confusing as it is in both Vanilla and TSLRCM.

As for the video with Nihilus VS Sion. The only reason I am not including that is that it is already restored in Extended Enclave. Though Sion and the Sith are likely to be poking their way into my mod so don't sweat too much.

• Like 1

Ok, I've been working on GenoHaradan Legacy specifically the new modular installer with new fixes for Nar Shaddaa.

I have two fixes I am working on but these fixes can't be used together for obvious reasons. The first fix fixes the Red Eclipse dialogue so for example, a Trandoshan NPC will speak Trandoshan and not Nikto. The second fix converts all the Red Eclipse into Nikto and edits all the red eclipse dialogue to speak Nikto as well, this second fix is based on developer notes btw.

I've encountered a problem though, and I have no clue what's going on.

post-23972-0-86842400-1520564576_thumb.png

post-23972-0-07328100-1520564614_thumb.png

For some reason, the Red Eclipse captain is pitch black. Would anyone know how to fix this?

Seems like it is not receiving any character lights. You'll need to outline what you did.

I changed his name tag from "Red Eclipse Captain" to "Cahhmakt", I changed his appearance to Swoop_Gang_01 (He is the only one to have Swoop_Gang_01 as an appearance, all the other slavers used 2, 3, 4 and 5), his soundset has also been changed to Nikto/Swoop Gang and I used a TSLPatcher installer to copy his utc file into the 301nar.mod file to prevent cloning in other modules.

All the Swoop Gang appearances use the same base model, N_Swoopgang, so it shouldn't be an issue with the model itself. I notice however that the model has no inherent texture reference, but the appearance entry also does not have a racetex specified. It does however have a texa override. You could try editing row 45 and changing the racetex value to N_Swoopgang01. Still, odd that it would be black though if that is the cause. Typically you'd expect it to be grey or white.

When are going to release the next update?

When it's ready. I am currently redesigning the installer so all the "fixes" that don't relate to the GenoHaradan are optional can be installed only if the user wants them installed. The Red Eclipse to Nikto as you can see in the screenshot is also one of those fixes and that black problem is delaying work on it.

All the Swoop Gang appearances use the same base model, N_Swoopgang, so it shouldn't be an issue with the model itself. I notice however that the model has no inherent texture reference, but the appearance entry also does not have a racetex specified. It does however have a texa override. You could try editing row 45 and changing the racetex value to N_Swoopgang01. Still, odd that it would be black though if that is the cause. Typically you'd expect it to be grey or white.

I'll try that.

When it's ready. I am currently redesigning the installer so all the "fixes" that don't relate to the GenoHaradan are optional can be installed only if the user wants them installed. The Red Eclipse to Nikto as you can see in the screenshot is also one of those fixes and that black problem is delaying work on it.

I'll try that.

Will the fix you sent me be included?

Will the fix you sent me be included?

Not until I can get flat out 100% guaranteed proof your bug was actually caused by mod.

If anyone who uses GenoHaradan Legacy Demo experiences a bug where you cannot progress in the Ithorian Hangar (when you go to get the Ithorian Droid) because the dialogue breaks mid conversation please report it.

That fixed it! From what I can tell this NPC was broken and wasn't used in TSL so in theory if I am correct this will be a restoration on its own.

As I have not replied to this thread for a while here is a preview of two new GenoHaradan NPCs you meet during the mod.

post-23972-0-10200900-1523016339_thumb.png

post-23972-0-19144000-1523016358_thumb.png

These NPCs provide a minor role to the mod. This preview is to serve as an example of the new alien variants that have been made to show an obvious "difference" between GenoHaradan Assassins and normal aliens, that and for the sake of diversity.

• Like 1

I never would have thought a Selkath would join the Genoharadan, but the variety is quite cool.

So does this mean the biggest difference between Genoharadan agents and the public is that they wear wear black jackets and clothing? Did you have any ideas or plans for more distinguising characteristics like tattoos on their faces or the Star Wars version of black sunglasses? (basically black visors) Or, are agents supposed to have no distinguishing characteristics except for attire?

• Like 1

I never would have thought a Selkath would join the Genoharadan, but the variety is quite cool.

So does this mean the biggest difference between Genoharadan agents and the public is that they wear wear black jackets and clothing? Did you have any ideas or plans for more distinguising characteristics like tattoos on their faces or the Star Wars version of black sunglasses? (basically black visors) Or, are agents supposed to have no distinguishing characteristics except for attire?

One of the Overseers of the GenoHaradan was a Selkath so having a Selkath being a normal member of the GenoHaradan isn't too much of a stretch. The only reason why I decided to include a Selkath in the first place was because I found 1 line in the game files which sounded similar to that of a Selkath. So this guy will be able to talk briefly.

Well, most GenoHaradan assassins will wear the mask that the restored Masked Duro wears. I've recently discovered how to modify head models to allow them to wear masks but actually compelling them results in some freaky looking freaks of nature, once I get around that error, however, I will be able to make NPCs like Commoners wear Masks. The only reason the Quarren and Selkath don't wear a mask is because I think that'd be difficult to pull off.

I don't plan on doing too much with tattoos but there will definitely be diversity among the GenoHaradan. 

One of the Overseers of the GenoHaradan was a Selkath so having a Selkath being a normal member of the GenoHaradan isn't too much of a stretch. The only reason why I decided to include a Selkath in the first place was because I found 1 line in the game files which sounded similar to that of a Selkath. So this guy will be able to talk briefly.

Well, most GenoHaradan assassins will wear the mask that the restored Masked Duro wears. I've recently discovered how to modify head models to allow them to wear masks but actually compelling them results in some freaky looking freaks of nature, once I get around that error, however, I will be able to make NPCs like Commoners wear Masks. The only reason the Quarren and Selkath don't wear a mask is because I think that'd be difficult to pull off.

I don't plan on doing too much with tattoos but there will definitely be diversity among the GenoHaradan. 

For those of you who don't know, the mask the masked Duros is wearing is called the Stabilizer mask.

With that being used, are you going to use that Sith Style mask in KOTOR1/2 (that flat looking mask)? It was also reused in KOTOR2 as the Das'Skar Hunting Mask. It does have the following description that kind of ties into bounty hunter lore:

Nikto bounty hunters often employ these masks to help them track down prey. Das'skar Hunting Masks were created by Hutts to improve the performance of their minions.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=KotOR1_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&kotor_items.game=KOTOR1&kotor_items.id=470

http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=KotOR2_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&kotor_items.game=KOTOR2&kotor_items.id=758

For those of you who don't know, the mask the masked Duros is wearing is called the Stabilizer mask.

With that being used, are you going to use that Sith Style mask in KOTOR1/2 (that flat looking mask)? It was also reused in KOTOR2 as the Das'Skar Hunting Mask. It does have the following description that kind of ties into bounty hunter lore:

Nikto bounty hunters often employ these masks to help them track down prey. Das'skar Hunting Masks were created by Hutts to improve the performance of their minions.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=KotOR1_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&kotor_items.game=KOTOR1&kotor_items.id=470

http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=KotOR2_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&kotor_items.game=KOTOR2&kotor_items.id=758

Both of those items do actually appear in-game as random loot drops. You might just not of found one yet, for one segment of the Legacy mod I can likely add the Sith Mask as a guaranteed item and not a random item as it does seem rare even for me and I may add that Nikto mask in the game somewhere as it does seem fitting for this mod.

• Like 1

"It has been some time"- Kreia

Long time no see. With my Kotor Tool fixed I can now continue my modding with GenoHaradan Legacy. As some of you may know porting is now allowed between K1 and TSL and vice versa. If some of you remember, I plan to include Selkath in my mod and they were going to use one of the cut "generic alien" VO as this one specific VO sample sounds very out of place with the "generic alien" VO, however, should I include the original K1 Selkath VO or should I still use this single "generic alien" VO.

I may make a comparison video soon! 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

"It has been some time"- Kreia

Long time no see. With my Kotor Tool fixed I can now continue my modding with GenoHaradan Legacy. As some of you may know porting is now allowed between K1 and TSL and vice versa. If some of you remember, I plan to include Selkath in my mod and they were going to use one of the cut "generic alien" VO as this one specific VO sample sounds very out of place with the "generic alien" VO, however, should I include the original K1 Selkath VO or should I still use this single "generic alien" VO.

Use the SWTOR Selkath audio.