N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy

Welcome to my GenoHaradan Legacy Work in Progress thread.

Introduction: The aim of this mod is to bring the the GenoHaradan from the first Knights of the Old Republic game into its sequel Knights of the Old Republic 2 The Sith Lords. Originally the GenoHaradan was planned for Knights of the Old Republic 2 but like so much content it was cut so the developers Obsidian Entertainment could release the game early by Christmas of 2004. Unlike most other cut content the GenoHaradan had very limited content to restore and most of its original plot was overwritten by the Exchange we all know and love today. It hasn't been restored already by TSLRCM because in order to restore the GenoHaradan into TSL modders would have to use custom content in order to restore in a way that works with the game and that is against everything TSLRCM stands for.

There have been Several attempts to add the GenoHaradan into TSL by Team Gizka, Lord of Hunger, Exile007 and Darth Sapiens but all of which evidently failed or gave up completely. Unlike the previous modders who have tried tackling this beast, I have released a GenoHaradan Legacy Demo which contains the completed or close to completed new content for the GenoHaradan.

Demo Download- http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/1081-genoharadan-legacy-demo/

What's Restored in GenoHaradan Legacy:
[R] - Restored
[PR] - Partially Restored
[RM] - Restored but Moved to another area
[NR] - Not Restored
[O] - Optimized (As-in, not really a restoration, but an alteration to make sense or keep with the game's text...)
[iF] - Inconsistency Fix (As-in, not really a restoration, but an alteration to keep the game consistent with itself...)
[N] - Not sure as of yet

Telos
[O] Batu Rem of the GenoHaradan - the false Batu Rem is actually a GenoHaradan disciple and makes it perfectly clear when he attempts to kill the PC.
[NR] Bounty Hunters of the GenoHaradan - Luxa's Bounty Hunter contacts are actually GenoHaradan agents hunting the PC.

Nar Shadda:
[R] Vossk and the GenoHaradan - Vossk makes references to the Genoharadan being on the Smugglers Moon.
[O] Senni Vek - The Duro's Pazaak Player Geredi was originally going to be Senni Vek (The same Senni Vek from K1) (All custom)
[O] A Dead Exile - Dessicus (GenoHaradan) blows up the Jekk'Jekk Tarr and the party thinks the player is dead. Visas or Kreia will say that the betrayals will start to mount between the Sith.
[O] GenoHaradan Base- The GenoHaradan base was originally supposed to be the Jekk Jekk Tarr. (I have plans to have the GenoHaradan in the Jekk Jekk Tarr but in a way you all won't expect)
[O] Zez-Kai Ell's Rescue - Since Dessicus was originally supposed to be in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr (instead of Visquis) and he was supposed to set off an explosion. Zez-Kai Ell rescues the Exile from an explosive death, though the party still thinks the Exile is dead.
[O] Dessicus of the GenoHaradan - Obviously, the GenoHaradan would be the organization beneath the Jekk'Jekk Tarr. Dessicus will challenge the Exile. After they fight, Dessicus blows the Jekk'Jekk Tarr up.
[O] GenoHaradan are none of the bounty hunters' concern - One of the Zhug brothers will mention that the GenoHaradan are also after the Exile during their meeting with Goto, and so Goto commands them to ignore them and says that they aren't of any concern.
[R] Restoration of cut GenoHaradan items that were created for TSL
[O] Sion travels to the Smugglers Moon - Sion announces that he will travel to the Smugglers Moon (while observing a hologram of the Exile) himself to see if the Exile is truly dead.
[NR] Fragile Alliance Falls apart - After Sion discovers the Exile is 'dead', he confronts Darth Nihilus on the Ravager. Sion claims that he is more powerful and never needed Nihilus's help. Nihilus, in anger, shows Sion that he is the more powerful one.

Bonus Content:
The K1 GenoHaradan items
Possible Restoration of Star Forge/Darth Revan Robes (Since the texture and model for these robes exist in TSL the restoration of these items could be a possibility if I figure out a good place to put them)
Restoration of the Black Lightsaber

What's done so far:

Batu Rem of the GenoHaradan - the false Batu Rem is actually a GenoHaradan disciple and makes it perfectly clear when he attempts to kill the PC.

GenoHaradan are none of the bounty hunters' concern - One of the Zhug brothers will mention that the GenoHaradan are also after the Exile during their meeting with Goto, and so Goto commands them to ignore them and says that they aren't of any concern.

Vossk and the GenoHaradan - Vossk makes references to the GenoHaradan being on the Smugglers Moon.

Q&A:

When will this mod be done?: It will be ready when it's ready whether that takes 6 months or 6 years. "Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods"- Sith Holocron 

Can I apply for Beta Testing?: Unlike most big mods I released what I have finished into the Demo so if you'd like you can play the Demo for yourselves and if you find any bugs or have any suggestions please PM them to me. Demo Download- http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/1081-genoharadan-legacy-demo/

How can I help? Can I join the development team?: As of right now, it is just me N-DReW25 developing this mod but if you feel like you can do Scripting, Lip Syncing, Custom Camera's and Camera angles, Dialogue correcting and/or textures I can give you something to do for this mod. 

Are you fixing any game bugs?: I may fix some plot holes on Nar Shaddaa but nothing more (Most Nar Shaddaa bugs are already fixed by the TSLRCM)

Will your mod work on existing saves: Well a new game or a save before Citadel Station with the TSLRCM mod should work but I'm not too sure about Citadel Station saves and I'm sure Nar Shaddaa saves won't work.

Will your mod work on my Linux or Mac?: I see no reason why it shouldn't work on those OS

Will you upload the full mod to the Steam Workshop?: For now, the answer is No because I'm not sure how the workshop works and if it can even support a mod like mine.

Will your mod work on my Xbox?: No

Can I play this mod in Vanilla: No! This mod requires TSLRCM to work
More to come. Stay tuned.

post-23972-0-09320000-1500269590_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have been working on the Batu Rem encounter cutscene. With the help of UnusualCharacters I have added new lines that were not recorded for the game. These new lines by UnusualCharacters might seem a bit strange because UnusualCharacters isn't the original actors and they have no Lip Sync but I personally think they're good. Please leave feedback and leave any suggestions in the WIP Thread.

I apologize for the lag shown in the video. You can thank OBS for that, not my PC.

Very well done :)

If you raise the volume on those custom lines so that they match the vanilla lines and then add lipsync, it's going to be really hard to tell them from the original lines.

• Like 3

Or you could just have them re-record all of Batu's lines, they aren't that many and it would sound even better :)

• Like 6

Or you could just have them re-record all of Batu's lines, they aren't that many and it would sound even better :D

This.

• Like 1

Very well done :D

If you raise the volume on those custom lines so that they match the vanilla lines and then add lipsync, it's going to be really hard to tell them from the original lines.

That Lyp Sinc tutorial you linked me on the Demo release page isn't a very good tutorial. Half of the links for the tools are broken, the guidance images are broken and from what I hear one of the tools required doesn't work on Windows 10 which I am using.

Or you could just have them re-record all of Batu's lines, they aren't that many and it would sound even better :D

If UnusualCharacters is up for that this will likely be a possibility

Oh, but what of Atton Rand's lines?

What of them? If you suggesting I re-record all of Atton's lines that will never happen because Atton as hundreds if not thousands of Voice Overs that I will have to replace. To prevent the massive head ache that myself and UnusualCharacters will get if we try that those two custom Atton lines will remain.

Those two new Atton lines were never recorded by the original actor that's why they exist (And I found the dialogue for those lines in the Dialog.tlk).

That Lyp Sinc tutorial you linked me on the Demo release page isn't a very good tutorial. Half of the links for the tools are broken, the guidance images are broken and from what I hear one of the tools required doesn't work on Windows 10 which I am using.

That's a shame but I still suggest you try and get the lipsync working as that will help your mod feel like an actual part of the game instead of a semi-professional addition. The tutorial might be a starting point from where you can try and figure out how to do this :)

That's a shame but I still suggest you try and get the lipsync working as that will help your mod feel like an actual part of the game instead of a semi-professional addition. The tutorial might be a starting point from where you can try and figure out how to do this :D

How do you suggest I get the tools and can you confirm they work on Windows 10?

How do you suggest I get the tools and can you confirm they work on Windows 10?

I can send you the LipSync editor, but I don't know about the CSLU toolkit. That's also why I suggested that the tutorial might be used as a starting point from which you can learn how lip sync works and then maybe you can find a way to create them without those tools.

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't just give up. Lip sync is a very important step to create a high quality story mod.

I can send you the LipSync editor, but I don't know about the CSLU toolkit.

That would be appreciated. If anyone has CSLU Toolkit and would like to share it with me please do as your generosity could make these cutscenes a lot better.

That's also why I suggested that the tutorial might be used as a starting point from which you can learn how lip sync works and then maybe you can find a way to create them without those tools.

I do not believe I would be able to find a way to make Lipsyncs without a needed tool. That would be like saying "Use a Computer without a Mouse" it just wouldn't work

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't just give up. Lip sync is a very important step to create a high quality story mod.

I didn't say I gave up I'm just saying I do not know how to actually Lip Sync yet and the tutorial is half broken and I certainly am not saying I'm not going to ever use Lip Sync but for now Lip Sync is best done later as doing it right now and not working on anything else, in the end, will just waste time.

^ Thanks for the compliments :)

Looks good, N-DReW! If you need me to bump up the volume on my custom lines I can definitely do so. I also would not be opposed to recording Batu Rem's full dialogue if you have easy access to the script, though I think with the lip sync and some audio leveling between lines, that might be unnecessary.

• Like 1

Isn't that a player's line?

Yup. Should probably stay that way.

• Like 1

Isn't that a player's line?

I think your right. For everyone viewing can you please tell me what you would prefer and the one with the most people commenting will be the one put in the mod.

Choices are:

Atton VO

Player Dialogue Choice

^ Thanks for the compliments :D

Looks good, N-DReW! If you need me to bump up the volume on my custom lines I can definitely do so. I also would not be opposed to recording Batu Rem's full dialogue if you have easy access to the script, though I think with the lip sync and some audio leveling between lines, that might be unnecessary.

There unnecessary for now but they are still needed: Lip Sync can be considered a cherry on a Sundae: It helps make the Sundae look a lot better than it is (Like Kexikus has said before) but you need everything else done before you can put the cherry on top (But in my case I'm searching for a Cherry in a desert)

I didn't say I gave up I'm just saying I do not know how to actually Lip Sync yet and the tutorial is half broken and I certainly am not saying I'm not going to ever use Lip Sync but for now Lip Sync is best done later as doing it right now and not working on anything else, in the end, will just waste time.

Just find a line of similar text/VO length, take its lipsync and rename it.

I've done that a lot for random TSLRCM lines and no one noticed most of it yet :P

• Like 2

I've done that a lot for random TSLRCM lines and no one noticed most of it yet :P

Sometimes I feel half the vanilla .lips are done this way :lol:

• Like 1

That's EXACTLY what I want to hear. Out of curiosity what would I rename the Lip Sync to? If the audio file is called "geno_rem1.mp3" would I name the Lip "geno_rem1.lip"?

I think it'd work better as a player line with some alternate custom lines, just to get some interactivity into the scene.

What do you have in mind for "some alternate custom lines"?

That's EXACTLY what I want to hear. Out of curiosity what would I rename the Lip Sync to? If the audio file is called "geno_rem1.mp3" would I name the Lip "geno_rem1.lip"?

Yeah, that's how you'd name it. Here's a tutorial on how to use lip sync this way.

What do you have in mind for "some alternate custom lines"?

I didn't have anything specific in mind as that really depends on where in the dialog the line is featured. What I meant is that it shouldn't be the only line the player can choose as it's usually better to have multiple lines even if they lead to the exact same outcome.

Thanks to you Zybl2 I not only can get Lip Syncs for these characters I can now presumably work on my other incomplete small mods I've had on my disk for a while I couldn't release because the cut VO has no Lip Sync.

Meanwhile I did the same for Jerron (or whatever his name is, the Dantooine guy that got lucked up in the Sublevel) I got oodles of complains from everyone.

Then again I wasn't that thorough in searching .lips, and I literally can't care less at this point.

Also, why does he still use his original "Exchange" line at the start?

Thanks to you Zybl2 I not only can get Lip Syncs for these characters I can now presumably work on my other incomplete small mods I've had on my disk for a while I couldn't release because the cut VO has no Lip Sync.

You can always make them an alien.

*cough* Liskis *cough*

Meanwhile I did the same for Jerron (or whatever his name is, the Dantooine guy that got lucked up in the Sublevel) I got oodles of complains from everyone.

Then again I wasn't that thorough in searching .lips, and I literally can't care less at this point.

I'm guessing you're talking about Jorran.