isa0005

A new look for Carth?

Idk about you guys, but I always loved Carth's look in the Old Republic comics, always thought the long coat he wore looked awesome:

301354-149199-carth-onasi.jpg
Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has looked into trying to make this outfit, or atleast something simmilar for KOTOR and if not, is it possible?

• Like 2

Seems like it would be doable with the scoundrel clothes, in a process similar to what DarthParametric did here. Extending the length of the coat is a little problematic, because it would have to be weighted to the legs bones to avoid clipping, but likely possible.

I might be interested in doing it but I'm not sure when I could get to it.

Extending the length of the coat is a little problematic, because it would have to be weighted to the legs bones to avoid clipping, but likely possible.

More so than simply extending it, you'd have to add additional sub-division in order for it to deform smoothly, and adjust (if not entirely remap) the UVs to deal with the stretching. Then there's the collar that would need to be added from scratch most likely. You'd essentially be making a whole new mesh.

Edit: Something like this? It utilises the hybrid scoundrel/scout like JCarter suggested, but required extensive reworking of the jacket as I alluded to.

K1_Carth_Comics_Overcoat_01_TH.jpg

• Like 7

WOW. This looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to this mod's release. Although I think it could work better as an outfit for Carth rather than a complete change of his look.

WOW. This looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to this mod's release. Although I think it could work better as an outfit for Carth rather than a complete change of his look.

That could be done by making the new Carth appearance a disguise item then restrict the disguise item to Carth by giving him a unique feat only he has. That definitely can be a possibility.

Finally got most of my stuff reinstalled on the new system, so I've picked this back up. I've done the UV unwrap for the jacket and remapped the recycled bits to fit on a single texture. Gave it a skin wrap and tweaked the weights, ready for an in-game test.

K1_Carth_Comics_Overcoat_02_TH.jpg

• Like 5

Finally got most of my stuff reinstalled on the new system, so I've picked this back up. I've done the UV unwrap for the jacket and remapped the recycled bits to fit on a single texture. Gave it a skin wrap and tweaked the weights, ready for an in-game test.

K1_Carth_Comics_Overcoat_02_TH.jpg

If anyone deserves a place in modding heaven it's you DP!

• Like 1

I've adjusted the weights for the lower section of the jacket to fix up some deformation and clipping issues:

I really should have added some extra subdivision on the back middle section, but I'm not going to attempt that level of alteration at this point in proceedings.

• Like 1

Yes, this should be a GREAT mod (and/or resource...hint hint...  :w00t: ) moving forward. I'm thinking specifically in line with the "Force Fashion" mods that have been out there (personalized companion robes and such)

IMO - Mira and/or Atton would have worn something closer to this...

So given the resounding silence here, I'll assume this never worked out haha, this is totally okay :D
Just wanted to thank those who tried none the less :D you almost made my simple little dream come true and thats better then nothing at all! :D

Note from Admin: The next time you bump this thread without a comment from someone else saying they are working on this, action will be taken.