index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1111

File Name: TSLRCM XP Hssiss Glitch Bug Restored

File Submitter: limpingfox

File Submitted: 21 Jun 2017

File Category: Mods

TSLRCM Compatible: Yes

TSLRCM Hssiss Glitch Restored

INSTALLATION:
Place a_jedi_jrnl_fin.ncs in your Star Wars - KotOR2 Override folder.

UNINSTALLATION:
Delete a_jedi_jrnl_fin.ncs from your Star Wars - KotOR2 Override folder.

DESCRIPTION:
The Hssiss glitch was a glitch found in "Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords." It was commonly used to obtain infinite experience, as you could use it to spawn groups of Hssiss endlessly and kill them, then rinse and repeat.

"The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod" restores massive amounts of gameplay. It also fixed many bugs and glitches from the original game, including the Hssiss glitch.

This mod restores the Hssiss glitch to the game if you use TSLRCM, as most seem to. You can use it to gain endless experience without having to use the cheat console or a third party character editing software, but rather a glitch that came with the original game.

Both the cheat console and Kotor Save Editor would be much faster/easier ways of getting "infinite" experience, but the Hssiss glitch maybe feels more fun & less cheap? I don't know... It is for me!

The mod simply restores the original script, I did nothing but extract it with Kotor Tool and put it in my Override, which worked. Therefore, I did no coding or original work of any kind, thus no .nss file is included. Also, no credit or special permission is required to use or repost this elsewhere as it contains nothing original.

HOW TO USE THE GLITCH:
On Korriban, find the Shryak Caves just around the corner after you leave the academy. Go through the caves and at the end you will find the Secret Tomb. After the second vision (which involves landmines), follow the tunnel east to the fork and go right (you will be facing south on the map). Follow this tunnel to a room where you will find a Dead Jedi. Every time you activate the corpse, 2 Hssiss will spawn in the room.

TIPS:
You can examine the corpse a bunch of times in a row to fill the room with Hssiss.
Area of effect powers like Force Storm and Death Field are most effective in dispatching hords of Hssiss.
Light side characters do not regenerate Force Points, so consider using Master Drain Force.
Once you exit the tomb, you will be unable to come back in and continue using the glitch.

Click here to download this file

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Because the maker wanted to and he saw a need. 3 people have already downloaded it.

And at least this mod can obey porting rules.

• Like 3

Cute. You can also, say, not use TSLRCM if you don't like it. I wont cry over it.
  • Like 1

Cute. You can also, say, not use TSLRCM if you don't like it. I wont cry over it.

Who on earth would go to the trouble of removing a massive, full-game mod over one small glitch?

• Like 1

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

So instead of someone making an optional mod that restores a small bug that is both fun and won't break the game you'd rather people stop using TSLRCM (the big bug fix restored content giant considered essential to even play the game) altogether

post-23972-0-87596400-1498197332_thumb.jpg

Was that really necessary?

Was that really necessary?

I've already sent Domino5555 a PM about this. Let's remain on topic for this mod.

Who'd of thought a simple bug-restoring mod would generate such controversy xD

Yeah, somehow I didn't see this as being controversial when I uploaded it.  Haha I guess that's what makes the internet great!  Anyway I'm glad some people like it

• Like 4

So instead of someone making an optional mod that restores a small bug that is both fun and won't break the game you'd rather people stop using TSLRCM (the big bug fix restored content giant considered essential to even play the game) altogether

Yeah, since the goal of fixing 1000s of bugs is so people will re-add them one-by-one to the game again. Nothing quite like spending countless thousands of hours of time giving people a bug-free experience and then crapping all over it.

But hey, I should be happy, right? RIGHT?

It's not like anyone would make (or would want to make) a mod to bring back the Nar Shaddaa glitch, or script trigger fails, or conversation drop glitches. This is one of the most well known glitches in the game and does have its uses, seeing as it's otherwise impossible to achieve the ridiculously high level cap without cheating/editing, and it doesn't really harm the game at all

• Like 1

It's pretty clear the goal of TSLRCM was to restore content and fix bugs. It was a bug and it was fixed. If someone wants to add a mod that allows for unlimited XP, that's cool. 

• Like 3

Yeah, since the goal of fixing 1000s of bugs is so people will re-add them one-by-one to the game again. Nothing quite like spending countless thousands of hours of time giving people a bug-free experience and then crapping all over it.

But hey, I should be happy, right? RIGHT?

That is certainly not my intention.  I love playing with TSLRCM installed, and appreciate all the work put into it by all the people who have contributed to it.

The ability to create a tiny glitch mod is insignificant next to the power of TSLRCM.

• Like 3

This is one of the most well known glitches in the game and does have its uses, seeing as it's otherwise impossible to achieve the ridiculously high level cap without cheating/editing, and it doesn't really harm the game at all

I haven't installed TSLRCM (yet) and the following might be a bug that it fixes, but you receive (10 * character level) experience for recovering a mine you set after leaving and then returning to the map: since the experience needed to level up is (1000 * current level), you can always level up after setting and recovering 100 (1000/10) mines in this way (less if Kreia is in your party, due to the Mentor feat increasing experience received).

Since maximum 15 mines can be set per map, setting 15 mines in one map, then traveling to another and setting another 15 before going back and forth to recover them, allows you to gain at least 30% of the experience needed to level up each time you do this. It's boring, but you don't have to do it all at once and it can be spread throughout your game.

• Like 1