Sith Stalkers [K1]

A Mod for Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
Author: N-DReW25
1.3.0 Release Date: 25.02.2023

Installation:
Please install the K1 Community Patch FIRST before this mod!

If you intend to play with DarthParametric's Dark Jedi Wear Robes then you'll have to install that mod BEFORE Sith Stalkers [K1].

To install Sith Stalkers [K1], simply click on this mod's TSLPatcher.exe, click install, sit back and watch the TSLPatcher do its magic.

Description:
In 2012, on a modding forum not so far away, the modder "reapper" made a mod that added the Sith Stalker Armor from the 2008 video game "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed".
Not long after this, a modder by the name of "DeadMan" ported reapper's mod to K1. In 2014, another modder named "Constar" made a mod called "proper Sith Assassins" that essentially converted the Sith Assassins in TSL into Sith Stalkers from TFU. In 2017, a modder called "N-DReW25" made a parody of Constar's "Proper Sith Assassins" by replacing the Dark Jedi NPCs with DeadMan's Sith Stalkers.

Now, in 2022, 10 years after reapper's original Sith Stalker release and 5 years after the release of the K1 Proper Sith Assassin's mod, N-DReW25 has reorganized the Proper Sith Assassin's mod into the FIRST GALACTIC- *Cough*- into the Sith Stalkers [K1] mod.

This mod will no longer replace ALL of the Dark Jedi NPCs as the old mod did, instead, you will now find Sith Stalkers alongside the Dark Jedi NPCs across the galaxy in places such as:

* Tatooine
* Kashyyyk
* Manaan
* Korriban
* Lehon
* The Leviathan
* The Star Forge

The only difference between the Sith Stalker NPCs and the usual Dark Jedi NPCs is that their names are now "Sith Stalker" and their soundsets have been switched to the Sith Soldier soundset. As of version 1.2.0, the Sith Stalkers are exactly the same as their vanilla counterparts in terms of difficulty. Perhaps in future updates I may choose to make the Sith Stalker NPCs a tad harder then the Dark Jedi NPCs.

Known Bugs:
This mod shouldn't have bugs but if there is Just PM me on Deadlystream.com

Incompatibilities:
Will be compatible with Dark Jedi mods if you install them BEFORE Sith Stalkers [K1].

If your mod modifies the Dark Jedi NPCs modified in my mod, feel free to leave a comment and I will tell you if that mod is compatible or not.

DarthParametric's Dark Jedi Wear Robes mod, for example, is compatible with my mod as I only replace a small handful of Dark Jedi with Sith Stalkers, thus meaning if you install DP's mod first and mine second then you'll see Dark Jedi in Robes alongside Sith Stalkers.

Report any unknown incompatibilities to me on Deadlystream.com

Permissions:
Do NOT claim credit for this mod and do not use assets from this mod without my permission.

Special Thanks to:
Reapper: For rigging the Sith Stalker model for TSL.
Shiftee: For making the original Sith Stalker model.
Deadman: For porting the Sith Stalker to K1 and helping with the original TSL mod.
UberBlack: For creating the texture.
Bioware: For such an amazing game!
Fred Tetra: For Kotor Tool
Stoffee: For TSLPatcher!
And everyone who downloads the mod.

Legal:
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE-MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/18/2017
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

...What is the error in the installer?

This it the error down below.

• Installation started 21/06/2017 4:39:56 PM...

• Installing unmodified files...

• Warning: No install instructions (install_folder0) found for folder Override.

• Modifying file "appearance.2da" found in Override folder...

• Saving unaltered backup copy of appearance.2da in C:\Users\guvna\Desktop\Modding\K1\My Completed Mods\unzipped\Proper Sith Assassins K1\backup\appearance.2da

• Updated 2DA file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\swkotor\override\appearance.2da.

• Done. Changes have been applied, but 1 warnings were encountered.

It means you added an install folder at some point, then stopped using it or never added files to it.

Open your changes.ini file and change this:

[InstallList]
install_folder0=Override

to this:

[InstallList]

• Like 1

Hello @N-DReW25!

The ambushes by the three dark jedis with one of them speaking the line "Lord Malak was most displeased when he learned you had escaped Taris Alive"  are two? One in Kashyyyk and one in Tatooine? Or are there others that I seem to have forgotten?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello @N-DReW25!

The ambushes by the three dark jedis with one of them speaking the line "Lord Malak was most displeased when he learned you had escaped Taris Alive"  are two? One in Kashyyyk and one in Tatooine? Or are there others that I seem to have forgotten?

Thanks!

There's two ambushes in the game which are on Kashyyyk and Tatooine, that being said though this mod doesn't technically alter the ambushes in any way. It modifies the appearances of the generic Dark Jedi NPCs.

If you had my Restored Female Dark Jedi mod installed that means that the two male Dark Jedi will be Proper Sith Assassins but the female won't. Any place or mod with the generic Dark Jedi NPC will be affected, this could include the following:

Leviathan, Star Forge, Manaan Sith Base, Darth Bandon encounters, Brotherhood of Shadow mod, Yavin 4 planet mod, Ord Mantell planet mod and more.

• Like 1