Sign in to follow this  
Fitzwilliam

Use Workshop TSLRCM / M4-78 with non-Steam mods?

Hi,

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I've been away from the scene for a couple of years and I did try searching first. I want to use the Steam version of KotOR II for the easier / better support for 1440p, as well as the 144 Hz support, controller support, and other small adjustments. Most of the Steam modding guides say that we should ONLY install TSLRCM from the Workshop, and install everything else to that Workshop folder in the traditional manner; some of them specifically mentioned that M4-78 should be installed this way, too. But the latest version of M4-78 is (for now, anyway) only available from the Workshop. Is it "safe" to install both TSLRCM and M4-78 from the Workshop, and then install the rest of my mods the normal way?

Thanks,

Fitz

No, it is not safe to install those mods from the workshop then install other mods the normal way. TSLRCM 1.8.5 and M4-78 1.2 can still be downloaded from Moddb http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/ and http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/downloads/m4-78ep-patched

Just download them from those links and install them then install your other mods afterward.

It really depends on the mods you install.

If these other mods are only texture/model replacements, then using M4-78 from the Steam workshop is fine.

But as soon as you get to mods that edit common .2da or other file types, you'll most likely run into problems. That's because if you install them to the M4-78 workshop folder, they might edit a file that TSLRCM also edits but M4-78 doesn't. These changes will then be applied only in the TSLRCM workshop and once the game starts either TSLRCM's changes or the "new" mod's changes will be overriden by the other.

You could try and install TSLRCM and M4-78 from the workshop and copy all of TSLRCM's workshop files to the M4-78 workshop directory, NOT replacing what's already there. Then install all other mods to the M4-78 directory. That could work but it could also screw up your game, so it's up to you.

Hopefully M4-78 1.3 will be released here soon as well, so if you can wait for that, then this would probably be the safest course of action.