Sign in to follow this  
K_Noby

Kotor 2: G0T0's ship best characters

Whats in your opinion the best character choice for the rescue mission on G0T0's ship?

Guest bendarby24

hk 47 because you can give him the upgrade

hk 47 because you can give him the upgrade

and the second character?

If you choose HK 47 and you play TSLRCM, there are not the 3 HK 50 who welcome you in the first room.

Guest bendarby24

i would do mira if you are not good at demalition :D

Guest Lex

I like to send Mira so she can recover the 42,000 mines that are on Goto's ship. =P

That when neither T3-M4 or HK-47 have sufficiently high demolition skills. Come to think of it, I've never really sent T3. Hmm.

So I guess my rescue team would be T3 and Atton. T3 for the computer + demolition skills, and Atton for those line he has with the Twin Sisters, which I find a nice addition to the story.

I generally take Atton+HK. Atton for the Twin Suns dialogue, HK because then you don't have the HK-50s to deal with. I do sometimes take Bao-Dur for the force fields though...

Guest Lex

And my exile can usually deal with the 42,000 mines ;).

Heh

I usually spend the skill points on Persuade and Treat Injury, and since I don't like playing as a Jedi Sentinel, I don't have the skill points to spare. Besides, to me T3 screams "LOOK AT ME! MAXXED OUT SKILLS!", so I figure what the hell. :D

I've experimented a lot through playthroughs, but it always seems to come down to four characters for me.

1. Atton. Not really because he's useful here, because honestly? Atton is a pretty poor choice for this bit, but the extra dialogue he has and his "rematch" with the Twin Suns is worth it. Combat wise, I've never really liked Atton. He's an everyman, being okay with guns, swords, force powers, whatever. He doesn't really excel in any area, or, not the way I use him.

2. Brianna (Handmaiden). This is more of a personal choice, because she's my favorite character. I also like the fact that she's a tank, though. Brianna can be beastly when equipped with a Dual-saber, a nice robe, and whatnot. Her extreme vitality ratings and high strength make her an excellent asset to any mission. Plus, I always treat her like a Paladin. Giving her the best buffs/heals, yet she's also able to dish out some fair damage. And has EXCELLENT defense/vitality.

3. Mira. Honestly, this is more of a poetic choice for me (Story). Mira is the one who informs the Exile's companions that he/she is in danger, so I always sort of thought it would make sense that she would be the one to lead the rescue mission, and therefore be involved in the actual rescue ITSELF. Besides that? Not much. Mira's gunslinger skills are definitely top-notch and unrivaled, but her low vitality and whatnot makes her a less than reliable choice here.

4. T3-M4. Hey, let's face it. The little guy is overshadowed a LOT, and sad to say, during many points in the game there are more "useful" characters to have around in your party. This bit of the game though is where T3 really shines. He destroys anything on G0-T0's yacht, seeing as most of them are droid enemies until the end, and he really proves what a useful member of the party he can be.

Anyone else? I don't recommend. Honestly, Atton and Mira could probably be taken off that list for combat purposes. And I suppose Brianna could be replaced with Mandalore if you're shaping him into a melee user. Bao-Dur? Why use him when Brianna, the other guardian is better? Although, Bao-Dur does have some nice skills that come in handy on the Yacht that Bri doesn't. Visas? I suppose she could replace Atton, but once again, Atton's rematch with the suns is pretty neat. HK-47? Eh, not really. Not to knock his stuff, but I think of that one more as a story choice. HK doesn't really seem the type to mount a rescue mission, even if it is for one of his "companions", or in this case, his new master. I suppose HK-47 could replace T3. Kreia? Hmmm, maybe. Honestly Kreia is exceedingly useful in any situation, she's a pretty powerful force user. Disciple? Eh, can't comment. I play a male Exile, but I know he's a guardian, so I'm assuming if you play as a female you can substitute Brianna for him. Hanharr? I play a light-side character pretty much all the time, so I wouldn't know. I know Hanharr is definitely the most powerful physical attacker in the game, so, he could definitely replace Brianna/Disciple/Atton and go with T3 instead.

I always take Visas to lead the mission to retrieve her Man. By this time she has Destroy Droid and Force Storm. I use all the characters at random, except Handmaiden and Kriea who never get upgraded and always stay on the Hawk when I am given the choice not to take them.

Mira for her skillz, particularly demolitions so I can collect all those beautiful deadly mines. I use her as a dual pistol ranger.

Handmaiden as the tank and melee attacker.

I do Nar Shadda first, and at that time Visas is too weak. So as much as I'd love to bring her for her force powers, she falls like a leaf early in game.

Alt:

T3 for his skillz instead of Mira.

Hanharr/Mandalore instead of Handmaiden.