DarthParametric

MOD:Revan's Hoodless/Maskless Flowing Robes For K1

Revan's Hoodless/Maskless Flowing Robes For K1

This mod changes the models for the robes you receive on the Star Forge (Darth Revan’s robes for dark side or Star Forge robes for light side) to a modified version with the cape and belts seen on the cutscene version, but without the raised hood and mask.

Alternative models with different arrangements of cape/belts/folded hood are available in the mod’s OPTIONAL folder. Once you have finished installing the mod, you may copy and paste the MDL/MDXs from relevant folder to the Override folder, overwriting when prompted.

K1_Revan_Hoodless_Maskless_Flowing_Robes_Male_01_TH.jpg K1_Revan_Hoodless_Maskless_Flowing_Robes_Male_02_TH.jpg

K1_Revan_Hoodless_Maskless_Flowing_Robes_Female_01_TH.jpg K1_Revan_Hoodless_Maskless_Flowing_Robes_Female_02_TH.jpg

This mod relies on Sithspecter’s Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt Fix mod for the animations. You can download that mod from here:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/709-revans-flowing-cape-and-belt-fix/

Extract n_darthrevan.mdl and n_darthrevan.mdx to your Override folder (you don’t need to install the rest of that mod’s files, but it is fine to do so). If you do not have this mod then you will not have any animations for the cloak or belts.

How to Obtain:
The mod retains the vanilla route to obtaining the robes, namely accessing the fabrication computer on Deck 2 of the Star Forge. However, in order to allow people to get the robes early, I have added a new fabricator on Dantooine. It is located inside the Aratech Mercantile room next to the Ebon Hawk's landing pad at the Jedi Enclave:

K1_Revan_Hoodless_Maskless_Flowing_Robes_Map_TH.jpg

In order to use this component of the mod, you must run the installer a second time and choose the option Dantooine fabricator from the drop-down list.

Notes:
This mod is not compatible with any other mod that changes/replaces the scripts for the computer on the Star Forge that grants you the robes, k_psta_replicat4 and k_psta_replicat5.

The male version is a straight replacement for the PMBJ model, so it will not be compatible with any other mod that replaces/modifies that model, or changes the values for that column in appearance.2da. Because of the way animations work, the female version must be set up as a disguise, so it uses its own independent models and appearance.2da rows and is unaffected by changes to the PFBJ model or appearance.2da values. Note, however, that this means it is not compatible with custom female head models.

The Darth Revan robes use the vanilla PMBJ01 texture, and is compatible with texture replacements from other mods. The vanilla texture for the Star Forge robes, PMBJ02, has no provision for the cape or belts, so I have provided a very basic replacement with those sections coloured. I suggest that you replace this with a better quality texture from another mod. I recommend ZM_StarForgeA08 from ZimmMaster's Revan's Jedi Robes mod. Download that mod here:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/466-revans-jedi-robes/

Extract Zimm’s texture from his mod’s tslpatchdata folder, rename it to PMBJ02.tga, and then put it in your Override folder, overwriting when prompted. Make sure you do this after installing the current mod! Additionally, grab the TXI from the OPTIONAL folder and place that in the Override folder as well.

Known Issues:
There will be some clipping during certain animations. Some of this is related to the animations, some of it the meshes. If you spot something particularly egregious, then let me know in the comments and I may be able to address it if it is model-related.

Currently there are no limitations on the Dantooine generator. You can fabricate either set of robes regardless of alignment, and you can make as many copies as you like. I may change this in future.

If you are using the K1 Community Patch, the K1 Restoration mod, or another mod that has added danm13.mod to your Modules folder, you will get a warning from TSLPatcher that this file already exists and was skipped. This is intended behaviour and not an error.

Acknowledgements:

• Thanks to Sithspecter for the n_darthrevan flowing robes animations, without which this mod would not be possible.
  • Many thanks to Fair Strides and bead-v for looking over my scripts, checking for errors and streamlining syntax.
  • Thanks to DarthTyren for his tutorial on camera placement (although I had to source the quaternion conversion elsewhere).
  • Thanks to Salk for informing me of a missing ini config for one of the UTI files.

• Like 4

Awesome work DP!

I'll hopefully be able to take a look at them this weekend in-game and I'll try to provide screenshots with different texture mods.

I think I can almost speak for everyone when I thank you for taking up the request!

Very nice work. I've always wanted an "inbetween" look between the default Robes and the full hood up look.

I tried using this but it messed with the other TSL Patcher programs. How do I safety use this and the other ones? Sorry, I'm very inexperienced when it comes to modding.

I'm not sure what it is you are describing. It is literally impossible for it to affect other installers, unless you dumped the contents of the tslpatchdata folders from multiple mods together into a single folder or something.

Yeah that's what I did. I don't know of an alterenative. When it asks to overwrite what should I do instead?

To clarify a little bit further. Ignore this if you know about TSLPatcher.

Many mods, like this one, come with an installer utility called TSLPatcher that basically improves compability. In order to install these mods, you do NOT just copy the files to the Override folder. You extract each mod to it's own folder (anywhere except for a subfolder of the K1/TSL installation) and then run the TSLPatcher.exe for each mod. In some cases it might be renamed but it will always be the only .exe file in the archive. Never extract them to the same folder, that will screw up everything.

That would be one possibility but it really doesn't matter as long as you extract each mod in its own folder and as long as those are no subfolders of your K1/TSL installation.

Pardon me for ressurecting this topic, but I tried using this mod along with the ZimmMaster's Jedi robes (which are recommended in the description) and for some reason the Star Forge chest piece is now transparent, even after using the compatibility .txi file in optional folder.

Any idea what could be causing it?

Edited by Deathstruck

The mullet man.

However, after a bit of googling, I stumbled upon this thread where OP had the same problem, and followed the instructions there from you - and it worked. :) (setting the envmaps through KOTOR tool)

So thank you very much!

Edited by Deathstruck

Hello, DP!

I have a question and a follow-up question: would it be possible to add models that DO use the hood so that Darth Revan's Robe would indeed be identical to what we see in the cutscenes? Is there a particular reason why you opted to make the models hoodless?

Thanks.

What I would like to have is the hood but not the mask because I intend to use Revan's mask found in Silveredge9's BOS:SR.

I am only interested in making the original Darth Revan's Robe and Mask available at the Star Forge.

I read the linked thread but I'm unsure about how it applies to what I am trying to accomplish.

Silveredge9 has provided in his BOS:SR modification both the disguise hooded models (PMBJx.MDL/MDX and PFBJx.MDL/MDX) and the mask as separate item.

I am using those files together with SS's N_DarthRevan model and my main problem seems to be heavy clipping while running and some clipping with the hood.

This is how it turned out:

https://youtu.be/q8UwQ1TLhnk

Better late than never.

One question about your recommendation to replace your own PMBJ02 texture with ZimmMaster's. I like ZimmMaster's as well but it doesn't look at all like the original Star Forge Robe texture. Wouldn't the icon for the Star Forge Robe you provide (ia_DPRevF_002) be mismatched?