Effix

MOD:TSL Effixian's Twi'lek PC Pack

TSL Effixian's Twi'lek PC Pack

Update: Please check out the improved 2021 version:

Knights of the Old Republic - The Sith Lords

TITLE: TSL Effixian's Twi'lek PC Pack
AUTHOR: Effix(ian)

INSTALLATION
Unzip somewhere and run the file "TSLPatcher - Install TSL Effixians Twilek Pack.exe".

If you use the Steam version then point the patcher to the game's location, for example:
[drive]:\[steam folder]\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II

If you use the Steam version + Steam's TSLRCM then point it to something like:
[drive]:\[steam folder]\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\208580\485537937

Feel free to ask me about the above if you run into issues.

DESCRIPTION
This mod adds 2 male and 4 female Twi'lek player characters.
- Male: Xor (purple, NPC clone) and Zhar (pink/red, NPC clone) with yellow eyes at fully dark side, underwear to match their skin.
- Female: The Twin Suns (Seer'aa and Teer'aa, NPC clones), Yuthara Ban (from KotOR 1, her head texture is in the K2 files) and a new red female. Apart from the red female there's no real dark side transitions. The red one gets some tattoos halfway to dark and full Sith tattoos at fully dark side, Yuthara starts with tattoos. For the females there's also underwear to match their skin.

Check out my TSL Mission Vao Deluxe mod for one more unique female Twi'lek.

BUGS
None known.

UNINSTALLING
1. Remove the following files from your Override folder:
(not harmful if you leave these, step 2 will make the game not use them)

pmbamXor01.tga
pmbamZhar01.tga
po_pTwiAFX.tga
po_pTwiAFXD1.tga
po_pTwiAFXD2.tga
po_pTwiBFX.tga
po_pTwiBFXD1.tga
po_pTwiBFXD2.tga
po_pTwiCFX.tga
po_pTwiCFXD1.tga
po_pTwiCFXD2.tga
po_pUtharaFX.tga
po_pUtharaFXD1.tga
po_pUtharaFXD2.tga
po_pXorFX.tga
po_pXorFXD1.tga
po_pXorFXD2.tga
po_pZharFX.tga
po_pZharFXD1.tga
po_pZharFXD2.tga
P_TwiAss0AFXH.tga
P_TwiAss0AFXHD2.tga
P_TwiAss0BFXH.tga
P_TwiAss0BFXHD2.tga
P_TwiAss0CFXH.tga
P_TwiAss0CFXHD1.tga
P_TwiAss0CFXHD2.tga
P_TwiAssCX01.tga
P_UthuraFXH.tga
P_UthuraFXHD1.tga
P_UthuraFXHD2.tga
P_XorFXH.tga
P_XorFXHD2.tga
P_ZharFXH.tga
P_ZharFXHD2.tga

2. If you haven't installed any head mods after this mod you can get the following files from the mod's backup folder and put them back in your Override folder:
appearance.2da
heads.2da
portraits.2da

Doing this when you did add another head mod would result in the later head(s) no longer being available in the game, yet the associated .tga files would still be in the Override folder.

DISTRIBUTION NOTES
You may NOT: Use the material from this mod in your own mod without giving me credit, implying it was your creation.
You might: Use the material from this mod in your own mods if you simply ask me.

Thanks to
Stoffe and Fred Tetra for the needed tools and tutorials

-------------------

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE, OBSIDIAN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

---------------------------------

My mods are free. If you would like to show your support then you can buy me a coffee at ko-fi.com/effix

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/25/2017
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

I have a problem when I install this mod, for the males the the body is just a white mesh with no textures, while the females are only green and then become a white mesh when selected.

Edit: I fixed the problem. I overwrite the files in the override folder with the ones in tslpatchdata then I used the tsl patcher  and that seemed to fix the problem

Edited by Sith Holocron

I think I found the problem and I updated the mod, please let me know if you still run into issues.

Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but I installed the mod with tslpatcher and got a successful install message, but when I boot up the game, no twi'leks. They're just not there, human options only.

installlog.rtf

10 hours ago, verycoolemily said:

Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but I installed the mod with tslpatcher and got a successful install message, but when I boot up the game, no twi'leks. They're just not there, human options only.

installlog.rtf 3.81 kB · 0 downloads

Strange, the log looks fine. I don't know what's wrong, sorry.

Ah dang, just to make sure I'm not an idiot and missing it, the twi'leks should just be mixed in with the other heads during portrait selection, right?

2 hours ago, verycoolemily said:

Ah dang, just to make sure I'm not an idiot and missing it, the twi'leks should just be mixed in with the other heads during portrait selection, right?

Correct. I don't remember the order, but if you go through all the heads and end up at the one that you started with and they're not there then it's no good.

The only thing that comes to mind.. did you maybe install different versions of the game or the same version in more than one location?

Doesn't seem to be the case, judging from your log, but still: If you use the Steam version with the workshop version of TSLRCM then you need to point the patcher to its location (as mentioned in the description).

38 minutes ago, Effix said:

Correct. I don't remember the order, but if you go through all the heads and end up at the one that you started with and they're not there then it's no good.

The only thing that comes to mind.. did you maybe install different versions of the game or the same version in more than one location?

Doesn't seem to be the case, judging from your log, but still: If you use the Steam version with the workshop version of TSLRCM then you need to point the patcher to its location (as mentioned in the description).

Hmm I do have the Steam version, but a manual install of TSLRCM.  I realized that the game files are stored in duplicate in my directory (didn't know that was a thing Steam did, but I've never been very good at this), but only one of the folders had swkotor2.exe in it.

I had installed the mod in the one I didn't, so I assumed that it was exactly what you said, but now I tried installing it in the location with swkotor2.exe and still no twi'leks.

Ok, but looking at your installlog, that all went to/worked with C:\Program Files (x86)\lucasarts\swkotor2\override\
That is not the location of the Steam version.
A simplified example of where the Steam game might be:
DRIVE:\PATHTOSTEAM\(OPTIONAL)SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II
Pointing the patcher there should work, it will add things to files you already have there.

btw Adding a non Steam TSLRCM to your Steam version of the game is fine and might even make adding more non Steam mods a bit more straight forward.
Then again, you can also add non Steam mods by directing the Patcher of the mod to the workshop folder of the Steam version of TSLRCM.

1 minute ago, Effix said:

Ok, but looking at your installlog, that all went to/worked with C:\Program Files (x86)\lucasarts\swkotor2\override\
That is not the location of the Steam version.
A simplified example of where the Steam game might be:
DRIVE:\PATHTOSTEAM\(OPTIONAL)SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II
Pointing the patcher there should work, it will add things to files you already have there.

Sorry I should have worded it better, I did point it at this directory after your previous post is what I meant. Here's the new installlog. Same result, no twi'leks. 

installlog.rtf

Ok, and you're launching the game from there; C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II ?

Hm, you say you manually added TSLRCM to this location, but the new log doesn't mention making backups of files, which it should if TSLRCM is there. Like in your first log.
Are you sure you're not subscribed to the workshop version of TSLRCM? You can check by going to the Workshop of the game, then on the right you have your avatar with "Your Files" next to it, then click "Subscribed items".

46 minutes ago, Effix said:

Ok, and you're launching the game from there; C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II ?

Oh, no I can only launch the game through the Steam app. When I try to launch it direct from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\swkotor2.exe I get an error message about how I need to have steam running and signed in to a library that owns the game. Even when I do have steam running and signed in to a library that owns the game.

This has to be a separate issue because it was happening before I installed any mods, but I didn't consider it a huge deal because I could always launch the game through the app. But maybe whatever is causing that issue is also interfering with mods? I'll google around, see if I can fix it. 

50 minutes ago, Effix said:

Hm, you say you manually added TSLRCM to this location, but the new log doesn't mention making backups of files, which it should if TSLRCM is there. Like in your first log.
Are you sure you're not subscribed to the workshop version of TSLRCM? You can check by going to the Workshop of the game, then on the right you have your avatar with "Your Files" next to it, then click "Subscribed items".

I manually added TSLRCM to C:\Program Files (x86)\lucasarts\swkotor2, and it works, I've tested it. It wasn't until this thread that I realized the actual swkotor2.exe wasn't in that directory though, it was only in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II. 

I don't know why TSLRCM is working when I installed it in a folder that doesn't have the executable in it, but it is. I'll try uninstalling it and reinstalling it in the technically correct spot

1 hour ago, verycoolemily said:

Oh, no I can only launch the game through the Steam app. When I try to launch it direct from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\swkotor2.exe I get an error message about how I need to have steam running and signed in to a library that owns the game. Even when I do have steam running and signed in to a library that owns the game.

This has to be a separate issue because it was happening before I installed any mods, but I didn't consider it a huge deal because I could always launch the game through the app. But maybe whatever is causing that issue is also interfering with mods? I'll google around, see if I can fix it. 

Okay! So, I have a gog copy of the game too, but I haven't logged into gog in a long time and I didn't want to reset my password again. But nothing I did solved this issue with my steam copy, including a full uninstall/reinstall of both the game and Steam.

So I finally just reset my gog password, downloaded that version and I really wish I had just done that in first place. Mod worked first try on the gog copy. Thanks for your help, sorry I ignored the easy solution all day