GenoHaradan Legacy

THE SITH LORDS RESTORED CONTENT MOD ADD-ON:

GenoHaradan Legacy 1.0.1

1. Description:

----------

This mod adds the GenoHaradan from the first Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic to its sequel. The GenoHaradan is an ancient secretive guild of assassins who work in the shadows operating to keep the Republic intact, however, following the Jedi Civil War something has changed the GenoHaradan, they no longer seek to kill the enemies of the Republic, instead they have focused all their energies into eliminating the once glorious Jedi Order who have stood as the guardians of peace and justice in the Republic for thousands of years for unknown reasons.

While this version is complete, it is far from final. Similar to M4-78, at some point, the GenoHaradan Legacy will be improved with an improved story as an Enhancement Project” as M4-78 did.

Expect possible updates and patches to come.

This mod also includes optional fixes for a few bugs and other problems not fixed by the Restored Content mod here and there but there won’t be too many of them.

2. Installation:

----------

1. First, you will need to get the most up-to-date version of TSL Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM 1.8.5). It's available for download here: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/578-tsl-restored-content-mod/

Please note that GenoHaradan Legacy will NOT work AT ALL without TSLRCM.

2. Follow TSLRCM's installation instructions.

3. Once TSLRCM is successfully installed, run the GenoHaradan Legacy Double TSLPatcher.exe. A menu will pop asking you which installation you want to install. To install the GenoHaradan Legacy, click on the ‘MAIN’ option and click install. If you wish to install the optional fixes be sure to rerun the TSLPatcher.exe and install whichever fix you like (You may need to do this several times to install all fixes)

4. While I try my best to make this mod as bug-free as possible, with the many options of KOTOR2 and my, at the moment, one man testing team it can happen that bugs, including critical ones, pass through. Please feel free to report any bugs and I will fix them.

5. Install any compatible mods you desire now.

3. FAQ / Known Issues

---------

Q: When will GenoHaradan Legacy EP be released

A: Not for a long time.

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods"- Sith Holocron

Q: Will your mod work on existing saves:

A: A new game or a save before Citadel Station with the TSLRCM mod should work but I'm not too sure about Citadel Station saves and I'm sure Nar Shadda saves won't work.

Q: Will your mod work on my Linux or Mac?:

A: I see no reason why it shouldn't work on those OS. If you manage to either use or find an alternative to the TSLPatcher and manage to install the mod then it should work.

Q: Will you upload the full mod to the Steam Workshop?

A: For now, the answer is no because I'm not sure how the workshop works and if it can even support a mod like mine. In the far future, if this mod becomes popular enough, I might see if a TSLRCM+M4-78+GenoHaradan Legacy EP bundle would be possible

Q: Will you update this mod again/Will you add...

A: Most likely yes! This version will probably not be the last. If you find a bug please be sure to report it and leave feedback!

Q: Will your mod work on my Xbox?:

A: No

Q: Can I play this mod in Vanilla:

A: No! This mod requires TSLRCM to work

Q: What makes your mod different from previous TSL GenoHaradan mods such as the unreleased The Sith Lords Restoration Project by Team Gizka and The GenoHaradan Beta by Exile007

A: The Dessicus boss fight in Exile007’s mod was inspired by the TSLRP boss fight but improved upon to make it less confusing, in my mod, I further improve upon Exile007’s work and made his work compatible with The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod

4. Credits:

--------------------------------------------------

» Project Leaders

- N-DReW25 - Project Leader, storyline/dialog writing, scripting & editing and more

» Storyline

- Exile007 (Original “The GenoHaradan” mod)

- N-DReW25

» Modeling / Texturing

-Effix

-VarsityPuppet

» Beta Testing

N/A

Voice Acting

N/A

Voice Splicing

-danil-ch

-N-DReW25

5. Special Thanks

Dashus – Project Lead of The Sith Lords Resotration Project (TSLRP), the original restored content mod which intended to restore the GenoHaradan, despite the TSLRP never being finished, its leaked betas which contained GenoHaradan content helped me understand the GenoHaradan plot in TSL a bit more.

Lord of Hunger- Project Lead of the “GenoHaradan Revisioning” mod, his mod was never shown to the public thus makes his mod more of an inspiration.

Exile007- Project Lead for “The GenoHaradan”, his mod was released to the public as a Beta file which was not compatible with TSLRCM. His mod and his work served as a major inspiration to the GenoHaradan Legacy mod and was used as a base for the first versions of the mod.

Zybl2, Stoney, Hassat Hunter and VarsityPuppet- The main four developers of The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM), the successor to the previously mentioned TSLRP. Despite not restoring the GenoHaradan, their efforts paved the way to more restoration mods such as the GenoHaradan Legacy.

Danil-ch- Working on and Contribution of the Batu Rem and Goto scenes as seen in the GenoHaradan Legacy

VarsityPuppet- The original creator of the “Layne Stanley PC Head” which was used for the unique GenoHaradan Assassin

Effix- The original creator of the head texture for Dessicus

Obsidian Entertainment- Making development on the GenoHaradan in TSL and leaving some trace of their existing for we modders to follow

Bioware- For implementing the GenoHaradan into K1

Fred Tetra- Creator of Kotor Tool

Stoffee- Creator of the TSLPatcher

George Lucas- Creator of the beloved Star Wars Franchise

6. Distribution Notes

----------

This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the authors.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/14/2017
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarthTycho said:

Is this compatible with M4-78 EP?

I'm 98% sure it is. If there is an incompatibility it would be very minor and won't actually stop you from going to M4-78, finishing M4-78 or completing the game.

If you do find any sort of bugs, which I doubt there would be, let me know and I'll release a patch to fix it.

Spoiler

I've been playing around this and I love it so far, but in the Atton restored dialogue, the part about Revan coming back and changing the GenoHardan is missing. At least on my end. Is it possible this line was never recorded?

On 3/10/2019 at 7:52 AM, N-DReW25 said:

I'm 98% sure it is. If there is an incompatibility it would be very minor and won't actually stop you from going to M4-78, finishing M4-78 or completing the game.

If you do find any sort of bugs, which I doubt there would be, let me know and I'll release a patch to fix it.

Hmmm, what about Extended Enclave? Might it be compatible as well?

25 minutes ago, Samriel said:

Hmmm, what about Extended Enclave? Might it be compatible as well?

Yes, in the original "The GenoHaradan" mod it included a Sion VS Nihilus scene. My mod is an improvement upon "The GenoHaradan" but is TSLRCM compatible and does not feature a Sion VS Nihilus scene mainly because I intend for you to use the EE mod.

6 hours ago, narshaddaarocks said:
  Hide contents

I've been playing around this and I love it so far, but in the Atton restored dialogue, the part about Revan coming back and changing the GenoHardan is missing. At least on my end. Is it possible this line was never recorded?

Knew something was up with that, I will fix that in the upcoming patch. (So far I have two things to patch)

• Like 1

Hm, sorry to add onto the "Will this work with" list, but I don't suppose this would have any issues with Partyswap? 

Decided I'd try this out along with M4, Partyswap, EE, and the PS/EE compat patch. I'm installing this last, which might be a mistake, but eh, we'll see. Can't wait to finally try this out!

On 3/13/2019 at 12:51 PM, narshaddaarocks said:
  Hide contents

Upon further insight into the mod in order to hear the dialogue about Revan, you must set Revan to Dark Side on Peragus. I could modify this so that no matter what you always hear about Revan.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:52 AM, 134340Goat said:

Hm, sorry to add onto the "Will this work with" list, but I don't suppose this would have any issues with Partyswap? 

Decided I'd try this out along with M4, Partyswap, EE, and the PS/EE compat patch. I'm installing this last, which might be a mistake, but eh, we'll see. Can't wait to finally try this out!

Conveniently, I am also playing Kotor 2 with those mods with Legacy so I might be able to find an answer. I'll assume it could bug though it *may* not be that bad.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Upon further insight into the mod in order to hear the dialogue about Revan, you must set Revan to Dark Side on Peragus. I could modify this so that no matter what you always hear about Revan.

Spoiler

Thank you. That sounds good. Though perhaps you could make it optional for people who are strict light side players and don't want Revan to have done anything bad after the mind wipe?

Its fine to play as is and I quite enjoyed it. I will say this: Play through the ENTIRE Goto storyline and don't worry if the Genoharadan storyline seems to stop as it begins again after Goto's Yacht.

Looks like it was worth to wait one week longer^^

One thing though, when installing the mod I've had two warnings during the install:

Warning: Unable to copy file "303fix.ncs", file does not exist!

Warning: Unable to copy file "lrn_form.dlg", file does not exist!

Had not yet run into any bugs but I wonder if those two warnings could have been a big deal or not.

Edited by Samriel

1 hour ago, Samriel said:

Looks like it was worth to wait one week longer^^

One thing though, when installing the mod I've had two warnings during the install:

Warning: Unable to copy file "303fix.ncs", file does not exist!

Warning: Unable to copy file "lrn_form.dlg", file does not exist!

Had not yet run into any bugs but I wonder if those two warnings could have been a big deal or not.

1) That may cause problems, yes. 

2) That may cause you to miss out on content and items if you plan on playing dark side

GenoHaradan Legacy 1.0.2 has been released. Just copy those missing files from 1.0.2 into your override and you should be good to go.

Bug: Whenever the first G0-T0 scene (with GenoHaradan, Twin Suns, HanHarr, and 3 HK-51s included) is shown, somewhere in the middle of the cutscene, the game freezes where the only way to close the game while freezing is to push ctrl+alt+del and choose Task Manager to "Kill" that game.

Mods I installed: Most of them are from the official mods from r/kotor KOTOR 2 mod build (TSLRCM, Partyswap, Extended Enclave and its compatch installed), but with additonal mods from outside of that list
Dustil Restoration
Dynamic John Williams Original Trilogy Soundtrack
Balance Tweak Patch
JC's Feat Fixes
Main Menu Widescreen Fix

I used UniWS to widen the game for 16:9 aspect ratio, while installing upscaled 1080p pre-rendered cutscenes and hex edited the game to properly implement them.

My PC's specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640
GPU: GTX 750 1GB
HDD: 500gb HDD
RAM: 4gb DDR3

Edited by MarkXT9000

4 hours ago, MarkXT9000 said:

Bug: Whenever the first G0-T0 scene (with GenoHaradan, Twin Suns, HanHarr, and 3 HK-51s included) is shown, somewhere in the middle of the cutscene, the game freezes where the only way to close the game while freezing is to push ctrl+alt+del and choose Task Manager to "Kill" that game.

If you can, would you be able to tell me where exactly the cutscene crashes? You can tell me this by screenshotting/quoting what the last line of dialogue an NPC says before the game crashes.

4 hours ago, MarkXT9000 said:

Mods I installed: Most of them are from the official mods from r/kotor KOTOR 2 mod build (TSLRCM, Partyswap, Extended Enclave and its compatch installed), but with additonal mods from outside of that list
Dustil Restoration
Dynamic John Williams Original Trilogy Soundtrack
Balance Tweak Patch
JC's Feat Fixes
Main Menu Widescreen Fix

So you have the entire Reddit mod build installed I take it? 

That build was built around the idea of simply improving the vanilla game, added content such as M4-78, GenoHaradan Legacy or Dustil Restoration etc. aren't part of the build due to custom content mods being developed with different levels of efforts (People hate M4-78 for its content, Dustil Restoration goes out of its way with custom cameras, GenoHaradan Legacy tries to restore the incomplete GenoHaradan plot etc).

For this bug, we'll need to figure out what mods in your build might be conflicting with GenoHaradan Legacy. Since you got halfway through the cutscene, I highly doubt it was the texture mods as they'd crash the moment the cutscene loaded.

Do keep in mind, when Goto says his final line where he warns the Bounty Hunters not to work with the GenoHaradan or else he'd kill them the camera will change several times showing the faces of the bounty hunters, could a critical file involved in that cutscene be stuffing it all up perhaps?

14 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

If you can, would you be able to tell me where exactly the cutscene crashes? You can tell me this by screenshotting/quoting what the last line of dialogue an NPC says before the game crashes.

Its 12AM here in Philippines and my mother is monitoring me to go to sleep, so I can't post screenshots of the bug happening, i'll do it tomorrow afternoon.

Though I can assure you that the least time it took to wait to have the cutscene hang was the very start of the cutscene (where G0-T0 is floating inbetween his minions) and the longest time was the G0-T0 hologram giving a warning to his minions ("if this knowledge is bled to them, your lif"-- game freezes).

I'm not sure about the "critical file involved", no error window was given when the game crashed during that cutscene. Had to ctrl+alt+del and open task managed to force close it.

Edited by MarkXT9000

10 hours ago, MarkXT9000 said:

Its 12AM here in Philippines and my mother is monitoring me to go to sleep, so I can't post screenshots of the bug happening, i'll do it tomorrow afternoon.

No problem! Get back to me when it is convenient for you, there is no rush.

Though I can assure you that the least time it took to wait to have the cutscene hang was the very start of the cutscene (where G0-T0 is floating inbetween his minions) and the longest time was the G0-T0 hologram giving a warning to his minions ("if this knowledge is bled to them, your lif"-- game freezes).

So it's seemingly random?

That last comment you mentioned, that sounds as if the game is freezing at the moment the camera is supposed to change.

I'm not sure a "critical file involved", no error window was given when the game crashed during that cutscene. Has to ctrl+alt+del and open task managed to force close it.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to find the file for me. I highly suspect the file that might be causing this is the .GIT file for that module.

When you are ready, can you attach the "352nar.git" file inside your Override folder here so I may have a look at it?

On 5/11/2022 at 11:04 AM, N-DReW25 said:

When you are ready, can you attach the "352nar.git" file inside your Override folder here so I may have a look at it?

Here's the file. Sorry for the late reply, had a long list of activities to do on online schooling (mostly had to do with essays of different types).

Also for taking a pic on when does the cutscene crash, I was supposed to do it today but a miracle happened: The cutscene just continously finished without any crashes or slowdowns. Idk why did this happened (maybe in the game's settings or its just my PC in general), though I admit I had all of the visual settings put on maximum before playing the cutscene (which is ironic when you play it on the actual Nar Shadda map, it lags the game), which I tried before and it crashes the game too, again idk why.

So yeah, the crashes randomly happen, and it just randomly cured itself of that bug.

352nar.git

Edited by MarkXT9000

Hey I am new here and just relatively new to modding and I'd like some help if that is possible. 

I just read about this mod a few days ago and am really excited to play it but unfortunately it is glitching out. For context I am running the steam version ( I know, I am sorry) and after installing TSLRCM and M478 EP from this site I used the TSL patcher to install this mod along with the recommended mods as well. The patcher does its work and says all the changes were applied but as soon as I have the conversation with the fake Batu Rem, any text referring to the Genoharadan looks like someone cut apart the english language. Going further along the game, I do not run into the thugs in the military base and while the dialogue is restored on Nar Shadda, the interactions after getting off G0-TOs yacht do not happen but the "death" cutscene is still triggered.  

I am not running any mods outside of the above mentioned. I apologize if there is something I am missing and I am just a noob at modding but I figured that if I am having these issues, someone else is bound to and if I can help the community I will!