jc2

Mandalorian Lehon Expansion

I'm finally announcing > Mandalorian Lehon Expansion

There are three parts of this mod: plot, usable content, and characters.

Plot changes to Lehon include: main quest to get inside the temple now has an additional option of entering without working with the Rakata. Three sidequests are added.

Working with either Rakata tribes includes a required bonus mission. 

I've created a triangle to the plot, no longer is the PC trapped between helping one tribe over the other. 

Now you can kill both of them! (And still enter the temple)

Mandalorians are added as the third faction. They will have their own base (module). 

Added in two optional battles if you side with the Mandalorians.

Part 2: Usable content. With any decent size mod, there will be a few new items and such. 

> Mandalorians have 9 different additional skins.

> Mandalorians have several "late game" specific blasters, allowing players to use more than the Baragwin monopolized weapons.

> A few swords.

> Some of the armor will be wearable by the PC

> Readable datapads giving lore background

Part 3: Characters. 

I have several unique characters, with armor sets unique to them.

Several characters will be voiced in Mando'a, the Mandalorian tongue by fan speakers.

Some intrigue and mystery, with fully fleshed out story to explain or imply explanation to several things. 

Names, personality, lore, and since they are Mandalorians they know Canderous!

I've got 99% of the story fleshed out, 75% of the work completed, 95% of the dialogue by characters finished.

Four issues remain before release: TSLpatcher, Voice Overs are still coming in, several bugs/beta testing, K1R compatibility has to be tested, and lastly a fifth for unforeseen issues.

The overall goal is to extend Lehon and add in some Mandalorians.

Any questions?

• Like 5

I'll take two please. 

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this. 

• Like 1

Count me in for beta testing.... and for adding this mod to my super-incompatible mod list, making it so messy that it's less-than-none likely to look on it and help. I just love big storyline mods so much.

As would one rusty droid comment on it, "Hyperbolic Enthusiasm: I'm hyped for that mod"!

• Like 1

Count me in for beta testing.... and for adding this mod to my super-incompatible mod list, making it so messy that it's less-than-none likely to look on it and help. I just love big storyline mods so much.

As would one rusty droid comment on it, "Hyperbolic Enthusiasm: I'm hyped for that mod"!

I will keep you in mind when I have a working demo. 

Holy cow that sounds amazing! And props to you for the good work ethic before announcing it  :thumbup:

Can't wait to see more progress.

• Like 1

I will keep you in mind when I have a working demo. 

Did you sort out quest logs? xD

Did you sort out quest logs? xD

No the Quest log is killing me. I can't get any of the jrl tools to work. I've even tried using kotor tool and K-GFF editor, still unable to correctly tinker with it. 

I've put the getting the quest log on the backburner. I don't think it is that essential. 

• Like 1

No the Quest log is killing me. I can't get any of the jrl tools to work. I've even tried using kotor tool and K-GFF editor, still unable to correctly tinker with it.

I've put the getting the quest log on the backburner. I don't think it is that essential.

I think the quests are indeed that essential. We receive journal entries for every single mission in game, I really hate when something is undocumented, especially a quest as big as finding a way to enter the temple.

Tomb of Azgath N'Dul and Dustil Restoration include full quests. Maybe you should ask Darth InSidious and Fallen Guardian about how do they edit the journal.

You can also edit the journal through TSLPatcher, which would be essential for these who already have global.jrl in their Override anyway. Maybe you should take a look at changes.ini of aforementioned mods and BoS: SR, not only it introduces many of new journal entries, it is also for K1, in case of differences between JRL formats in two games.

Or you should ask Fair Strides. He knows everything.

On the other hand, if you have not made the voices yet, I suggest asking Zhaboka for Mandalorians. His Kazius in Korriban Expansion for K2 sounded just like default Mandalorians in game.

• Like 3

This information that follows - previously posted elsewhere - applies here as well.

It was just a suggestion for future, I recommended Zhaboka in case JC2 hasn't started doing VOs yet because I considered he could have started them as during the time of creation of this WIP the dialogues were 95% finished.

You really should get the quests working before releasing the mod as those are pretty essential for a quality mod.

Anyway, I might be able to help with the journal entries as I've had issues with those as well. In the end there were two working methods that I discovered: Using dialog.tlk entries and JRLEdit or using K-GFF. In the latter case I only used JRLEdit as a reference and to find certain quests. I'd recommend going for that method as adding lines to dialog.tlk can be quite tedious especially while you're still working on the mod. So what I did is the following (this is for adding entries to existing quests):

I'd use JRLEdit to find the quest and its tag. Then I'd open global.jrl in k-gff and search for the tag. Once you have the right quest, simply right-click one of its entry structs to copy it and then paste it in the same position. Now give it the next available Struct ID and change the StringRef to -1. Finally right-click the StringRef and select Add String. Type your text into that field and save the gff file. That's it.

Creating an entirely new quest would probably work in the same way except that you'd copy an entire quest instead of one entry.

• Like 2

You really should... etc

I think the quests are ... etc

This information that follows - previously posted elsewhere - applies here as well.

I have heard enough. I will once again attempt to get the quest logs working, when I begin that work I will most likely seek out help. 

To be honest it was not something that I ever used in kotor 1, I completely forgot about it most of the time. Nevertheless, it will be apart of it now.

@Kexikus I have tried two of those methods without success. I will try again following more closely with what you said.

@SH Yes, I already have the lines finalized as I want them, the translations and the voicing is happening at the moment. I am not a foolish person, I have also read your advise and agree with it/practiced it.

@Anyone who mentioned Zhaboka. I have not asked, and would not impose upon him in a thread before going to him in person. 

About the voice acting in general I have most of that covered, and unless Zhaboka speaks Mando'a fluently I would be unable to use him. 

• Like 1

I have heard enough. I will once again attempt to get the quest logs working, when I begin that work I will most likely seek out help.

To be honest it was not something that I ever used in kotor 1, I completely forgot about it most of the time. Nevertheless, it will be apart of it now.

@Kexikus I have tried two of those methods without success. I will try again following more closely with what you said.

@SH Yes, I already have the lines finalized as I want them, the translations and the voicing is happening at the moment. I am not a foolish person, I have also read your advise and agree with it/practiced it.

@Anyone who mentioned Zhaboka. I have not asked, and would not impose upon him in a thread before going to him in person.

About the voice acting in general I have most of that covered, and unless Zhaboka speaks Mando'a fluently I would be unable to use him.

I meant rather the Basic part. Mandalorians don't speak Mando'a all the time.

But it can't be that hard, considering that, as far as I know, it's just reading, as we have never heard the proper pronounciation of Mandalorian language.

But it can't be that hard, considering that, as far as I know, it's just reading, as we have never heard the proper pronounciation of Mandalorian language.

You would be very wrong indeed. The proper pronunciation does exist, has been spoken, and is spoken. If you are into the latest Disney abomination of star wars, there is actually spoken Mando'a in it when some Mandalorian guy speaks to the main character mandalorian lady. I don't know the characters because I do not like the show > http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Mando%27a 

Nevertheless, Karen Travis created the Mando'a tongue and there are pronunciation rules, as well as other elements of language that would be boring to elaborate on. 

Regardless, I have not asked him, and since every other Mandalorian on the base is speaking in their native tongue. It would disrupt the flow of the mod, mess with the feel. 

I am curious on why you seem so interested in having his voice in the mod? Do you like his voice and, or trust his voice to sound well? 

• Like 1

Or you should ask Fair Strides. He knows everything.

Not quite, as I've just found out with DarthTyren on Skype while investigating how the games scale enemies. I know almost everything and can probably help find the rest. ;)

Anyway, I might be able to help with the journal entries as I've had issues with those as well. In the end there were two working methods that I discovered: Using dialog.tlk entries and JRLEdit or using K-GFF.

He has had issues getting JRLEdit to work. I pretty much abandoned the tool when I began working on the Toolset, but it'll still be a bit before I get to the JRL part of it...

@JC2: I'll contact you on Discord, but I can probably give some time to look at and try to figure out the issue with JRLEdit.

• Like 1

You would be very wrong indeed. The proper pronunciation does exist, has been spoken, and is spoken. If you are into the latest Disney abomination of star wars, there is actually spoken Mando'a in it when some Mandalorian guy speaks to the main character mandalorian lady. I don't know the characters because I do not like the show > http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Mando'a

Nevertheless, Karen Travis created the Mando'a tongue and there are pronunciation rules, as well as other elements of language that would be boring to elaborate on.

Regardless, I have not asked him, and since every other Mandalorian on the base is speaking in their native tongue. It would disrupt the flow of the mod, mess with the feel.

I am curious on why you seem so interested in having his voice in the mod? Do you like his voice and, or trust his voice to sound well?

Actually, the reason is that on Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion, there's a Mandalorian called Kazius. He was voiced by Zhaboka, but I didn't realize it until I read a credits section of aforementioned mod's Deadly Stream downloaded page. All the time when Kazius appeared, I thought that he uses some unused Mandalorian lines or his voice was spliced well from other Mandalorians' lines.

That's pretty much all about it.

Also, the Mandalorians speak Basic fluently in KotOR, it would be weird if on Lehon, they speak only Mando'a, though some lines in that language, or a good explanation why they don't speak Basic, would be welcome.

On the other hand, I think that the voice-overs done for Shanilia should be improved a bit, as they're more silent and less clear than the game VOs. If that won't be a problem, if you're about to do some more VOs, focus on their volume a bit more.

Helloooooo hahahaaaaa nice to see I have a reputation I guess???

I actually love that the Mandos on Lehon will speak only Mando'a, helps reinforce the stranded splinter group vibe. Very excited for this mod!

• Like 3

Actually, the reason is that on Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion, there's a Mandalorian called Kazius. He was voiced by Zhaboka, but I didn't realize it until I read a credits section of aforementioned mod's Deadly Stream downloaded page. All the time when Kazius appeared, I thought that he uses some unused Mandalorian lines or his voice was spliced well from other Mandalorians' lines.

That's pretty much all about it.

Also, the Mandalorians speak Basic fluently in KotOR, it would be weird if on Lehon, they speak only Mando'a, though some lines in that language, or a good explanation why they don't speak Basic, would be welcome.

On the other hand, I think that the voice-overs done for Shanilia should be improved a bit, as they're more silent and less clear than the game VOs. If that won't be a problem, if you're about to do some more VOs, focus on their volume a bit more.

I think most mandos use basic in Kotor because 99% of people would not understand their native language. This group being seperated from the galaxy for some time and talking among themselves. Speaking Mando makes sense as every one in their camp would speak their native toungue and would want to preserve it.

I think most mandos use basic in Kotor because 99% of people would not understand their native language. This group being seperated from the galaxy for some time and talking among themselves. Speaking Mando makes sense as every one in their camp would speak their native toungue and would want to preserve it.

Helloooooo hahahaaaaa nice to see I have a reputation I guess???

I actually love that the Mandos on Lehon will speak only Mando'a, helps reinforce the stranded splinter group vibe. Very excited for this mod!

Now that I'm thinking about it perhaps you're right, these Mandalorians differ from ones in the vanilla game as they are basically living isolated from the galaxy on a planet far away from civilisation.

@JC2, could you bring us some lovely screenshots, please? Also, don't take my previous note about voices wrong as it could have sounded rude. I just meant that it would be nice if you could adjust the volume and the clarity of VOs that you make as they differ from vanilla a bit. Also, I hope the Mandalorians will have a proper filter for their voices. If you don't know how to do so, Zhaboka could be helpful again. I think you're destinied to speak with him about these voices :-): (though in a different purpose than previosly suggested)

• Like 1

The only place I found that pronounces Mandoa audibly was the Republic Commando game in which the characters themselves would say some random words, and at least three of its soundtrack songs are sung in full Mandalorian. In order to find them, the words found in character dialogue can be identified in the subtitles, and the full lyrics for its songs are available and translated online.
  • Like 4

Maybe this'll help...?

http://mandoa.org/

and

http://funtranslations.com/mandalorian

:-)

I spend some time there! But thanks.

Just a simple update. Quest logs are a go. Fairstrides was able to help me out with that.

What that means in terms of production.

I will have to account for several variables (possible outcomes) with each of the four quests. Three of which are sidequests.

So this will take some time to write, script, and organize.

To do list includes:

1: Adding an alternate battle to the Star Forge.

2: Quest logs.

3: Placeables.2da editing and insertion of three new models 

4: dlg editing adding in VO's, script, etc... 

5:TSLpatcher installer

And of course the usual debugging and minor fixes that arise.

Screenshots? I don't really have any good ones.. just coordinates to place things on. Once I begin testing out different things, I will take some screenshots I suppose. 

The plan was to finish this by May 30th, but we shall see how this develops! The tslpatcher alone could take a few days, because of all the 2da modifications.

• Like 1

Just got an amazing idea for what you could add to this mod. Remember how you can obtain Casus Fett's Armor? Well if you read the description of said armor it says "He is presumed dead". You could make it that he fled to the unknown regions near the war's end and he and a few other Mandalorians crashed on Lehon and he could become a character in your mod. (Casus Fett and Jango Fett are Related if that helps)

Just got an amazing idea for what you could add to this mod. Remember how you can obtain Casus Fett's Armor? Well if you read the description of said armor it says "He is presumed dead". You could make it that he fled to the unknown regions near the war's end and he and a few other Mandalorians crashed on Lehon and he could become a character in your mod. (Casus Fett and Jango Fett are Related if that helps)

I thought about this idea, long and hard, a few months back. 

It was a difficult choice, but I didn't want to touch that character. (Yes, I did notice the Surname).

I ended up going with a different route for a few reasons, Fett is well known and over used in Star Wars (as awesome as that clan is), I am not sure I could do the Mandalorian justice and portray him accurately, I had other specific clans in mind, I wanted to be able to create characters from scratch and not have to deal with pre-conceived notions of characters, eventually the story wrote himself out of it.

And it would be too late now to add him back in, the story is developed, the characters are created, their relationships and status among themselves, and I'm dying to finish this mod.  

TLDR: Great idea, too late to do it.

• Like 3