djh269

[Request] A ripped Mandalorian model

This is a dual request between me and screamjetbooster, 

We've both requested Dak_drexl for the use of his ripped Mandalorian armor without the helmet found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/374/?

We've both emailed him but it looks like he's an inactive user. 

So, is anybody willing to rip the Mandalorian Armor model to not have the helmet? I think it could pave the way for some interesting Mandalorian reskins. 

• Like 1

So, is anybody willing to rip the Mandalorian Armor model to not have the helmet? I think it could pave the way for some interesting Mandalorian reskins.

Unless you get permission from Dak, you're not going to be able to publish any works that are derivative of his work. That will limit the folks willing to help you. So focus your efforts on getting in touch with Dak.

• Like 1

Unless you get permission from Dak, you're not going to be able to publish any works that are derivative of his work. That will limit the folks willing to help you. So focus your efforts on getting in touch with Dak.

I understand about not using someone elses work. I held off on releasing my Canderous Overhaul to get a reply from Dak. But he never replied so I released it without the modified Mandalorian Armor model lol. 

This thread was an alternative approach as he hasn't answered in a month. 

It's relatively straightforward to make a new version. The main problem is that removing the head/helmet leaves a giant hole in the torso. I plugged it with a piece of the naked body mesh and rejigged things to smooth out the shape a bit.

Helmetless_Mando_Armour_01_TH.jpg

Helmetless_Mando_Armour_02_TH.jpg

Helmetless_Mando_Armour_03_TH.jpg

I just did a quick and dirty adjustment of the neck plug UVs for testing purposes, so there's a pretty nasty seam in the pics. I'll have to have a look at where those islands can be best squeezed in. The map looks pretty packed, although removing the head should obviously free up some space.

• Like 3

I love what you've done with the torso. It'll be good to see some Mandalorian faces.

I don't know any other way.  However: If someone here is in contact with him and would like to pass along a message, he or she should PM you or djh269 any relevant details.

I remapped the neck plug and did a quick test in TSL:

Helmetless_Mando_Armour_04_TH.jpg

Helmetless_Mando_Armour_05_TH.jpg

Here are the compiled models with a placeholder texture (as pictured above) and a UV template:

http://dpmods.wheb.org/files/kotor/misc/DP_Helmetless_Mandalorian_Armour.7z

Whoaaahh that sure looks very well done.  :smiling: Looks like we no longer need to contact Dak... We have the replacement here  :thumbup: 

Whoaaahh that sure looks very well done.  :smiling: Looks like we no longer need to contact Dak... We have the replacement here  :thumbup:

I was just going to suggest that there are plenty of other talented skinners around but you've come to that conclusion on your own. All is well. )

• Like 1

Seeing as there was a bit of spare UV space, I decided to try out a second version with the addition of the collar from one of the player armours:

Helmetless_Mando_Armour_06_TH.jpg Helmetless_Mando_Armour_07_TH.jpg

Helmetless_Mando_Armour_08_TH.jpg Helmetless_Mando_Armour_09_TH.jpg

Here are the compiled models of both versions with placeholder textures (as pictured above) and UV templates:

• Like 1

Woot! Great work there DP! Now let me try combining them with SS' Canderous Mandalorian helmet and djh269 texture (quick & dirty)....

Version 1:

swkotor 2017 04 28 23 40 57

swkotor 2017 04 28 23 40 44

swkotor 2017 04 28 23 40 37

swkotor 2017 04 28 23 40 22

Version 2:

swkotor 2017 04 28 23 52 31

swkotor 2017 04 28 23 52 46

swkotor 2017 04 28 23 52 50

swkotor 2017 04 28 23 52 56

swkotor 2017 04 28 23 53 18

nice  :thumbup:

I'll pick this up again tommorow night... It's five minutes past midnight now and I need to sleep. I'll have to get up at 4 tommor.. i mean today  :sleeping:
  • Like 1

Seeing as there was a bit of spare UV space, I decided to try out a second version with the addition of the collar from one of the player armours:

Helmetless_Mando_Armour_06_TH.jpg Helmetless_Mando_Armour_07_TH.jpg

Helmetless_Mando_Armour_08_TH.jpg Helmetless_Mando_Armour_09_TH.jpg

Here are the compiled models of both versions with placeholder textures (as pictured above) and UV templates:

Thanks for your assistance DP, great work as ever :D