jonathan7

Force Fashion Updates and Mod Permissions

Hey all,

Apologies that I've been MIA for years. I'm back and looking to make Force Fashion for K2 fully compatible with TSL:RCM and will also be looking to get Force Fashion for K1 finally released.

I have had several permissions requests for my mods or to upload them. If you wish to use any of the assets I've made feel free to use them, but in projects with others, you would need their permission for their work. If you wish to make my mods available elsewhere feel free to, just leave credit in the readme, but again if other modders are involved with that particular mod you will need their permission as well.

-- j7

• Like 9

Great! I love Force Fashion II! Actually, yesterday I've been merging .dlgs to fix it.

The only things I don't really like are the placing of the items at the beginning of the game, but I edited it a bit.

Great! I love Force Fashion II! Actually, yesterday I've been merging .dlgs to fix it.

The only things I don't really like are the placing of the items at the beginning of the game, but I edited it a bit.

Hey, I'm open to suggestions on changes to the start of the game - what and how did you change the placing of the items at the start? IIRC there were 5 files which make FFII incompatible with TSL:RCM, have you had any luck merging them?

Thanks for the welcome back from others! :)

• Like 1

Query - I don't know if this is due to having the Steam version of KotOR 2 installed. But When I combined the Override folder in the game, with my one from Force Fashion II there weren't any file overlaps - which proves problematic for me in terms of working out exactly what files need to be amended. Does anyone have any ideas why that is? That Override folder looks awfully empty, or does the TSL:RCM install method work differently to TSLpatcher Override method? Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have TSLRCM from the Steam workshop? If so, then yes, the Steam workshop works completely different compared to TSLPatcher. I suggest you read this guide.

Basically: The Steam workshop will create new folders where it simply dumps the workshop mod content and when launching the game will take all these files and if a file is present in two locations it will choose one based on some kind of priority list. There's absolutely NO merging when it comes to .2da, .gff or even .tlk files.

Do you have TSLRCM from the Steam workshop? If so, then yes, the Steam workshop works completely different compared to TSLPatcher. I suggest you read this guide.

Basically: The Steam workshop will create new folders where it simply dumps the workshop mod content and when launching the game will take all these files and if a file is present in two locations it will choose one based on some kind of priority list. There's absolutely NO merging when it comes to .2da, .gff or even .tlk files.

Thanks for the reply. Ah, ok. It seems it would be better to just uninstall the Steam Workshop version  and install TSLRCM via it's .exe? I only got the Steam version of TSL as it automatically fixed Aspect ratio and cutscene playback issues.

Thanks for the reply. Ah, ok. It seems it would be better to just uninstall the Steam Workshop version  and install TSLRCM via it's .exe? I only got the Steam version of TSL as it automatically fixed Aspect ratio and cutscene playback issues.

Another annoyance of the Steam version is Lightsaber model textures disappear at random times which makes it hard for making custom Lightsaber hilts and/or playing with cool Lightsaber hilt mods and the Steam version doesn't support .wav audio files only mp3 which means if you play a mod with .wav audio files then the dialogue will force skip the .wav dialogue completely (TSLRCM and M4-78 use mp3 so we steam users are safe when it comes to those)

This is why I always use the Legacy PC version. If you use custom soundsets the audio is not even picked up (I'm assuming it as a wav file).

• Like 1

Either that or install mods into the TSLRCM workshop directory. But I'd really recommend the .exe if you want to mod yourself.

Another annoyance of the Steam version is Lightsaber model textures disappear at random times which makes it hard for making custom Lightsaber hilts and/or playing with cool Lightsaber hilt mods and the Steam version doesn't support .wav audio files only mp3 which means if you play a mod with .wav audio files then the dialogue will force skip the .wav dialogue completely (TSLRCM and M4-78 use mp3 so we steam users are safe when it comes to those)

And fog is not working either in the new patch.