emark4

So how is this "The Jedi Masters" mod by Trex?

Okay, so Revenge of Revan is probably not releasing anytime soon, but there is this mod called The Jedi Masters and supposedly is another fan-made KOTOR 3.

http://www.the-jedi-masters.com/

Has anyone here actually played it? And is it any good? Would you recommend this as an alternative to the old republic MMO?

Okay, so revenge of revan is probrably not releasing anytime soon, but there is this mod called the jedi masters and supposedly is another fanmade kotor 3.

http://www.the-jedi-masters.com/

Has anyone here actually played it? And is it any good? Would you recommend this as an alternative to the old republic mmo?

It's good - if you can ignore how rough the game is and all the glitches there are.

If you're on Steam, all the dialogue skips completely because it uses WAV dialogue files which Steam doesn't support.

I'm using the Steam version. Is there a fix for that?

It's good - if you can ignore how rough the game is and all the glitches there are.

Are we talking about super rough, like "Mass Effect: Andromeda" rough?

It was an amazing trip! I loved it! But you have to know where the creaters are coming from. It is not meant to be another TSL or another kotor.

The Jedi Masters mod was not a Good vs Evil, Lightside or Darkside in the classical Kotor 1 way, nor was it the grey and darker feel that TSL was founded upon. 

It really comes across as a mix of those two, while poking fun at how dark TSL was. I personally loved the mod, but a buddy of mine thought it was an abomination of kotor, because he was so caught up in how serious the 2 games were. 

Don't expect kotor 3 from the Jedi Masters mod, expect a fun kotor journey through star wars that isn't quite tied down with how serious it is. 

I won't spoil anything, but a character from kotor shows up and acts completely different than their character has been, making more of a parody of the character, than actually recreating her or him. 

But, don't get me wrong it has a great plot that keeps the player involved. I recommend you install it and play through the first 2 hours before deciding if you want to finish it or not, you'll know enough about the feel of the game by then.

• Like 3

It was an amazing trip! I loved it! But you have to know where the creaters are coming from. It is not meant to be another TSL or another kotor.

The Jedi Masters mod was not a Good vs Evil, Lightside or Darkside in the classical Kotor 1 way, nor was it the grey and darker feel that TSL was founded upon.

It really comes across as a mix of those two, while poking fun at how dark TSL was. I personally loved the mod, but a buddy of mine thought it was an abomination of kotor, because he was so caught up in how serious the 2 games were.

Don't expect kotor 3 from the Jedi Masters mod, expect a fun kotor journey through star wars that isn't quite tied down with how serious it is.

I won't spoil anything, but a character from kotor shows up and acts completely different than their character has been, making more of a parody of the character, than actually recreating her or him.

But, don't get me wrong it has a great plot that keeps the player involved. I recommend you install it and play through the first 2 hours before deciding if you want to finish it or not, you'll know enough about the feel of the game by then.

Okay, but if I install this, should I uninstall all mods first? Including TSLRCM and M4-78 EP?

Okay, but if I install this, should I uninstall all mods first? Including TSLRCM and M4-78 EP?

Yes, you should uninstall all mods to ensure that you will have no issues.

Yes, you should uninstall all mods to ensure that you will have no issues.

Guess I will have to give up the fancy lightsaber hilt mods eh? Oh well. Back to the boring hilts, I guess....

Guess I will have to give up the fancy lightsaber hilt mods eh? Oh well. Back to the boring hilts, I guess....

I mean feel free to try, but it would just be the safest way is to not have any mods other mods installed.

Also, the Steam version is perfectly fine as long as you're using what they call the "Legacy-beta" version instead of the current version. The "Legacy-beta" version is the same as the GoG, 4CD, and Collector's edition. It just got renamed to that when Aspyr made a Steam-only update to the game.

• Like 3

I mean feel free to try, but it would just be the safest way is to not have any mods other mods installed.

I am pretty sure its safe to use retexture mods, I know I did

• Like 1

Perhaps we could collaborate with Trex to make a better version of The Jedi Masters.

At the very least, fix the voice for that first party member. I checked the mod out on YouTube and - my gawd - she sounds like a robot! Might as well be a droid.

I wonder if my voices are still in it. LOL

I checked the mod out on YouTube and - my gawd - she sounds like a robot! Might as well be a droid.

I think he used the Microsoft Anna voice. Maybe she is a droid? Never wound up playing it all the way through.

I wonder if my voices are still in it. LOL

Did some of the voices like , changed over the years?

I recall that one of the uploads when he was switching from version 1.0 to version 2.0, he forgot to to upload some of the voices. That was probably fixed but I couldn't guarantee it.

Update:

1) It seems at least one of my voices is definitely in it as I just checked.

2) Tsig is voiced by a human being in the last version available on the site.  The video you watched may have been the version 1.0 of the mod.

At the very least, fix the voice for that first party member. I checked the mod out on YouTube and - my gawd - she sounds like a robot! Might as well be a droid.

part of the story... Wont spoil any more

So emark4 . . . Are you going try it?
Yes .... As soon as i have time to convert my kotor 2 game to legacy mode. I will also need to find a lightsaber hilt mod that should be compatible....

I recall that one of the uploads when he was switching from version 1.0 to version 2.0, he forgot to to upload some of the voices. That was probably fixed but I couldn't guarantee it.

Update:
1) It seems at least one of my voices indefinitely in it as I just checked.
2) Tsig is voiced by a human being in the last version available on the site. The video you watched may have been the version 1.0 of the mod.

So tsig's voice was bugged? That sure explains stuff.