Kexikus

Download:K1 Music Fix

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1067

File Name: K1 Music Fix

File Submitter: Kexikus

File Submitted: 14 Apr 2017

File Category: Mods

K1R Compatible: Yes

THIS IS A UTILITY MOD: INSTALLING ONLY THE MOD ITSELF WILL NOT HAVE ANY NOTICABLE INFLUENCE ON YOUR GAME!

In KotOR, there are several completely unrelated areas that share the same music and even some areas that have no ambient music at all.
This mod allows you to fix this by giving each area (not module) a unique music file. However, those newly added files are copies of
vanilla music files, so you will not hear any difference in game unless you replace them with music of your choice. See the instructions
below on how to do that.

Note that you need to start a fresh game for this mod to work properly.

INSTALLATION:
Simply follow the instructions given. Afterwards follow the instructions for custom music files below if you want to apply any changes.

INSTALLING CUSTOM MUSIC FILES:
If you want to remove duplicated music or add music to those areas that were missing music in the vanilla game, follow these instructions
after running the TSL Patcher of this mod.

I added a .txt file called KotOR_Ambient_Music_Information.txt to the download archive of this mod that details which area uses which music
file and which of these files are duplicates of one another. Use this to find the files you want to add / replace and then do the following:

You can either use music directly from both KotOR 1 and it's sequel KotOR II: TSL or custom music. If you use music from the games, simply
rename the .wav file to the appropriate new name. If you use custom music, it needs to be a stereo .mp3 file for the game to recognize it.
If your file is no .mp3 yet, choose any audio file converter and convert it.
Then take your .wav or .mp3-file and place it into the "streammusic" folder in your Knights of the Old Republic installation.
That's it. Your custom music will now play ingame.

UNINSTALLATION:
Take the all the .mod-files from the "backup" folder created during the installation of this mod and copy them to the "Modules" folder of your
KotOR installation. If it exists, also copy ambientmusic.2da from the "backup" folder to the "Override" folder of your KotOR installation.
Note that if any other mod installed after this one also altered one of these .mod files you will uninstall those changes as well!
Optionally delete any music files this mod or you yourself placed in the "streammusic" folder. This is not strictly necessary for uninstallation
but it will clean up your game installation.

COMPABILITY:
Thanks to TSLPatcher this mod is compatible with everything that does not change the track name of the ambient music in the same areas this mod does.
It is compatible with mods that replace the actual music files.

CHANGELOG:
1.0 Initial release

CREDITS:
Mod by Kexikus
TSL Patcher by stoffe

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR BIOWARE. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE
ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.

Click here to download this file

Hello Kexikus!

I'm interested in both adding music to areas that are without and in removing duplicate music from the game but I'd like to have your own perspective on the additions and replacements. Could you tell us what music changes you have personally made?

Cheers!

None^^

You can see some of my thoughts in the original mod that this one grew out of:

But I haven't actually played the game since I made those mods and the duplicate music never actually bothered me that much either so I haven't given anything else a lot of thought.

• Like 1