DarthRevan101

MOD:Genoharadan - Light Side

Genoharadan - Light Side

View File

Genoharadan - Light Side

Description:
One of the more exciting subplots in KotOR was the Genoharadan, a secret guild of assassins that your player could join and hunt multiple targets across the galaxy. Sadly, you couldn't complete this quest without accumulating a whole lot of Dark Side Points - until now.

This mod allows you to spare the lives of Vorn Daasraad, Rulan Prolik, Ithorak Guldar and Lorgal (There's an option to let Zuulan go free in the game already so I've not changed anything there). You'll gain Light Side points for letting them live.

Finally, each of the targets you let live will appear during your final battle with Hulas on Tatooine. There you can, if you really want to, kill all of the Genoharadan Overseers at once.

Installation:
Run the TSLPatcher and select your KotOR game directory.

Compatibility:
Incompatible with any mod that alters the Genoharadan quests, characters or dialogs.

Bugs:
Not really a bug but something worth mentioning; if you kill Rulan Prolik on Tatooine he won't transform in to his true form upon death, he'll just die as he is.

No others bugs I can think of. If you come across any, please let me know.

Sidenotes:
You will need Force Persuade and a high Persuade skill

I had a lot of trouble trying to work out how to save Rulan
and the end result is a bit iffy: to do it you have to converse with one of the tachs that isn't him in disguise and kill it pretending it is.

• Like 2

I do like the idea of this mod and I definitely will be playing this mod in the future but I have a few questions about the mod!

* At the Hulas boss fight is there an option not to kill all the overseers and let them live?
* If you lets say if you killed two Overseers and let three live will that have any affect at all?
* I am pretty sure the GenoHaradan has many spies who follow your player character around the Galaxy (It was mentioned in game when you let Zuulan escape)! If this is correct then that means the GenoHaradan sends spies to spy on you and make sure you actually complete your missions! so how in your mod does Hulas not get informed about letting the Overseers live?

• Like 2

I do like the idea of this mod and I definitely will be playing this mod in the future but I have a few questions about the mod!

* At the Hulas boss fight is there an option not to kill all the overseers and let them live?

* If you lets say if you killed two Overseers and let three live will that have any affect at all?

* I am pretty sure the GenoHaradan has many spies who follow your player character around the Galaxy (It was mentioned in game when you let Zuulan escape)! If this is correct then that means the GenoHaradan sends spies to spy on you and make sure you actually complete your missions! so how in your mod does Hulas not get informed about letting the Overseers live?

1. If you don't kill the Overseers on Tatooine, they will take Hulas away and that's the last you'll see of them. 

2. Any Overseers you kill won't appear on Tatooine and the rest will. No other difference.

3. Yeah and I tried my best to work around that. For example, with Vorn you actually have to fight two Genoharadan spies who find out you let Vorn live and then lie to Hulas saying you were all attacked by Sand People (you need a high persuade skill for that, or Hulas will know you're lying and you'll be kicked out of the Genoharadan). 

• Like 2

Very nice! 

Thanks! I was surprised that a mod like this didn't already exist so I've been working on it for a while. It seemed a shame that you miss out on all those credits, experience, items, etc. for playing Light Side.

• Like 1

Thanks! I was surprised that a mod like this didn't already exist so I've been working on it for a while. It seemed a shame that you miss out on all those credits, experience, items, etc. for playing Light Side.

I completely agree! I was thinking that last summer... before I knew how to mod ^^ 

How does the player know that the targets aren't people who are deserving of being assassinated, as Hulas indicates to you? What tips the player off that they're worthy of being saved, and how does the player know that all three of them are worthy (provided, of course, that the player decides to keep them all alive and does so on the basis of being an LS character) and not simply one or two of them?

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 4:57 AM, RavinNightBeast said:

How Does One Let Rulan Live?

honestly, it's quite awkward: you have to kill a tach and pretend it was him. I know it's silly but the dialog and scripts around Rulan was more complicated than i thought so i just tried to make do (especially for my level of modding). If i can find a better way it'll be in the next update!

BTW when i next update this mod i might change it so you don't gain any lightside points (as suggested), you just dont get any darkside points. I think that makes more sense in-universe, but i wanted to create an alternative for lightside players so i'm not sure.