Sign in to follow this  
alvyjereza

HK-47 Reward in his Solo Quest are Redundant

First time to post here so I would like to thank the makers of this mod. I'm only halfway through the new planet but so far so good. Love it.

After going through half of it though I would like to make a suggestion.

**** POSSIBLE SPOILERS ****

I found out that there is a slight difference in the quests depending on which droid you send first while the colony is irradiated. The first time, I sent HK-47 and he got a sub-quest where another droid asked him to assassinate another droid. I did that quest and got the reward for it which was 3 levels of Targeting feat permanently. Later on when I had access to the main character, I stumbled on a sub-quest tasking me to find a missing deadly droid upgrade. It turns out it's a component for HK-47 which gives him 3 levels of Targeting and 3 levels of Precise Shot. This got me thinking so I did a test by loading a save game right before selecting the droid at the beginning of the planet. I then chose T3-M4 and he got a different quest and reward than my first run with HK-47. So it looks like it is a bad choice to select HK-47 to do that part since the reward he gets is actually redundant from another quest you get later on. 

I would suggest changing HK-47's quest reward so it's not redundant. Maybe other useful feats instead or something but it's not a big deal. We can always just send T3-M4 instead or G0-T0 - though I haven't tried him yet.

**** END SPOILERS ****

So that's it. Once again, great mod. Love it. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

If you do HK's quest you don't need to use that item, and can use another more powerful one in that slot to further enhance him.

Since those are the only 2 sources of targetting for HK that I know of.

If you do HK's quest you don't need to use that item, and can use another more powerful one in that slot to further enhance him.

Since those are the only 2 sources of targetting for HK that I know of.

The thing is HK's reward is not an item. They're actual permanent feats that he gets where as the later more powerful item temporarily gives him those feats plus others. So it definitely negates the first reward. Maybe it would be better if they  just remove those same feats from the item so that you get the feel of actually getting something out of both rewards.