bead-v

AnimatedCameraDataCreator

Hullo!

So, I've recently created a program that makes it easier to create animated cameras. You create points with all the coordinates and then edit the transitions between them. The path of the transition is a quartic bézier, meaning that you get three control points that you can move around to affect the curve (see screenshot). Along with that, you can define how any of the quantities changes with time, which is a cubic bézier - you get two control points. You can save your progress to a custom .acd file and export to .xml, which you then import into JdNoa's Anicam and, without changing anything, export as .mdl & .mdx.

I'm looking for anyone who would like to test this, give some feedback and possibly ideas. There may be bugs that I am unaware of, though for now everything seems to be working fine.

So! If there's any volunteers, respond here or send me a PM and I'll get you the program.

95XFog8.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, that looks nice. I've been using Excel to generate the data points I need but frankly my feeble attempts were not adequate. I'd love to try this but I can't run the game at the moment - but I know someone else who's interested so I've sent him your way.

Wow, that looks nice. I've been using Excel to generate the data points I need but frankly my feeble attempts were not adequate. I'd love to try this but I can't run the game at the moment - but I know someone else who's interested so I've sent him your way.

Heh, this program also started as an excel sheet years ago. :D It got too complicated and then I broke the code, but now I know some win32 api, so I decided to settle this once and for all.

Could you show us, how it looks like in ingame? it would help everyone i guess :D

Well it depends on how you use it. For now I've only made two relatively simple animations with it. Maybe I'll make a presentational animation demonstrating its capabilities, but no promises!

EDIT:

Well, decided to do it real quick. Here's what it looks like in the editor, though you can't see all the data at once, only the path of the camera is always shown.

VCGBwcn.jpg

And here's the video:

It's all one animated camera, including the static shots in between and at the end.

Edited by bead-v
  • Like 1

I know I'm late to the party, that tends to happen nowadays, but...

This actually looks pretty sweet, bead-v! If it ends up being easier to use than just AniCam, it'll definitely see some use.

12 minutes ago, DarthVarkor said:

Hey @bead-v! Sorry to bring up an old topic but did you ever finish this mod? Would absolutely love to try it out. 

Finish finish, no, but it was in a state where you could get something done with it. I wanted to fix it up because I could make the GUI more smooth now and I could also directly export the animated camera model without having to go through anicam, but I was left under the impression it wasn't worth it, because you can also do it with kotormax nowadays. So if you think you could do it in kotormax, I'd suggest that. Otherwise, I can send you a copy.

Last time I tried doing it in KOTORMax, the result in-game was pretty stuttery for even a simple, slow pan of a only a couple of meters. While your video example is nausea-inducing, its movement is smooth (all the more impressive given the breakneck speed of the translations).

12 minutes ago, bead-v said:

Finish finish, no, but it was in a state where you could get something done with it. I wanted to fix it up because I could make the GUI more smooth now and I could also directly export the animated camera model without having to go through anicam, but I was left under the impression it wasn't worth it, because you can also do it with kotormax nowadays. So if you think you could do it in kotormax, I'd suggest that. Otherwise, I can send you a copy.

Yeah, I have no experience in KOTORMax. Would you mind sending me a copy instead? 

On 8/12/2018 at 5:56 PM, bead-v said:

So, it seems it still works. Up to @DarthVarkor to determine if it's easy enough to use, though :)

Apologies for the late reply, I completely forgot to report back on this.

The short version is: yes, it’s easy to use. If a dummy like me can use it effectively then the rest of you guys will have no problem. Inserting co-ordinates & exporting it as an XML to be plugged into AniCam is a breeze. I’d highly recommend using it. 

Great work, @bead-v!

• Like 1