Sithspecter

High Quality Blades (an actual Work in Progress...no, seriously)

I swear it's a real WIP this time!

I'm getting around to working on High Quality Blades now. High Quality Blades will improve all of the low quality melee/lightsaber weapons in KotOR (and TSL too for all you knuckleheads). It will be a similar deal to High Quality Blasters.

This mod will include swords, vibroblades, gaffi sticks, stun batons, Gamorrean axes, quarterstaves, and lightsabers. Right now I plan to include two options for vibroblades; one that acts and functions the same as default vibroblades, and another where vibroblades are knives/daggers instead of swords (as per canon).

Progress so far:

HQBlades001.jpg

HQBlades002.jpg

HQBlades003.jpg

Gamorrean axe will probably have a little more work done to the texture.

• Like 8

This looks great! Will this also come with it's own MDX (Model Files ETC) So we won't have to worry about mod conflicts with Toasty Fresh's modification? 

This looks great! Will this also come with it's own MDX (Model Files ETC) So we won't have to worry about mod conflicts with Toasty Fresh's modification? 

Umm...this mod, coupled with High Quality Blasters, will completely replace every weapon with a High Quality one. Since Toasty Fresh's mod does the exact same thing, with a different style, they will be completely and totally incompatible. It will be sort of a "one or the other" scenario, you won't be able to use both of them.

Awesome! I'm definetly looking forward to this one :D

The only sad thing is that since this is actually WIP it won't be released tomorrow :P

Yeah, sorry it won't be out tomorrow! You guys will have to be along for the ride (and maybe provide some helpful input along the way).

I cannot wait for this mod. The axe blade on the Gammorean axe seems a bit small, though.

It's actually sized quite nicely (a bit larger than the default) and based on this variation of the axe:

4c36a78ec38a37f77dea3b53fca0a1c0.jpg

• Like 2

This mod will completely replace every melee weapon with a High Quality one. Since Toasty Fresh's mod does the exact same thing, with a different style, they will be completely and totally incompatible.

It will be sort of a "one or the other" scenario, you won't be able to use both of them.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood- I was just asking if these would all have their own new models so that we could just drop these in the override and not worry about removing each file from the ToastyFresh modification individually. 

Oh, sorry for my misunderstanding. The models will have the same names as the Toasty Fresh's mod, so it will be a simple drop-in that will just replace all the existing files. There won't need to be any clean up or anything, you can directly install this over the Toasty Fresh mod.

Oh, sorry for my misunderstanding. The models will have the same names as the Toasty Fresh's mod, so it will be a simple drop-in that will just replace all the existing files. There won't need to be any clean up or anything, you can directly install this over the Toasty Fresh mod.

No need to apologise, we're all friends here- I wasn't clear enough.

Also; you might want to look at this for K1: 

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/312-gaffi-stick-improvement/

And this for TSL:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/218-quarterstaff-replacement-pack/

I'm totally looking forward to this mod. Your High Quality Blasters always have a permanent spot in my Override folder.

I have a question: Since your first post in this thread mentioned this mod will include lightsabers, will this mod modify the saber blades, saber hilts, or both?

I'm totally looking forward to this mod. Your High Quality Blasters always have a permanent spot in my Override folder.

I have a question: Since your first post in this thread mentioned this mod will include lightsabers, will this mod modify the saber blades, saber hilts, or both?

Hopefully both would be my perspective. 

I plan to do new hilt models and textures, and to do new blade textures. I cannot do new blade geometry without causing the bug that my crossguard lightsaber mod has, and I'd like to avoid that because it's very annoying to some people.

You will be able to drop in other blade texture mods and they will be compatible.

• Like 1

I plan to do new hilt models and textures, and to do new blade textures. I cannot do new blade geometry without causing the bug that my crossguard lightsaber mod has, and I'd like to avoid that because it's very annoying to some people.

You will be able to drop in other blade texture mods and they will be compatible.

What bug is that?

The Krath Double Sword (well, what I assume is it, the second blade with the serrated edges) looks freaking great. Excellent work as always SS.

What bug is that?

The bug with Crossguard Lightsabers is that the blade is automatically extended for some unknown reason when entering an area or loading a save. This bug is highly annoying to some folks, and I don't think there needs to be any change to the blade geometry, as the default blades do their job just fine. Textures will likely receive an update.

The Krath Double Sword (well, what I assume is it, the second blade with the serrated edges) looks freaking great. Excellent work as always SS.

Actually that's the Ajunta Pall blade, based on the description in the item file.

The bug with Crossguard Lightsabers is that the blade is automatically extended for some unknown reason when entering an area or loading a save. This bug is highly annoying to some folks

Presumably it's related to something MDLOps does with animations. I had the same issue with the retractable blade on my Zakuulan Exile's Blaster mod, which is why I never bothered releasing it.

Presumably it's related to something MDLOps does with animations. I had the same issue with the retractable blade on my Zakuulan Exile's Blaster mod, which is why I never bothered releasing it.

I remember I had same issue with my quarterstaff models, but I managed to fix it. Could you send me this blaster model? I want to take a look and try to fix it.

My method will not work lightsabers, 'cause we can't just compile them like any other model.

Great mod for sure. It's quiet annoying having to install Fresh Toasty's stuff atm, then dropping your blasters over it and then someone else's lightsabers. Would be really great to get all three from the same source, similar to Quanon's party skins. Really great to see that it'll soon be possible to install texture replacements for everything from only a couple different sources.

Those blades from the op look really sick, can't wait!

I came into this expecting an HQ saber blade mod but this is probably even better. Nice job.

This is probably a very stupid question so please bear with me. Is there a way to make a "true" Exar's double-bladed Lightsaber model? His double blade had a single handed hilt. I don't mean it has to be his saber, but I've always wanted a one-handed double-blade option. Again I'm just wondering if it's possible, not trying to tell you what to do with your mod. Thanks for listening.

Well, the main issue with a single handed hilt double bladed lightsaber would be animations, since one of your character's hands would constantly be holding the laser blade, or if you go for the single bladed lightsaber animations it might be weird and your character might be constantly hitting himself with the blade, so unless people don't mind about those issues I think it will be quite unlikely to happen.