MOD:Alternate Revan Romances REDUX

Alternate Revan Romances REDUX

=Alternate Revan Romances REDUX=

A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: THE SITH LORDS MODIFICATION

AUTHOR: Leilukin
ORIGINAL MOD AUTHOR: felixfelicitas
FILE NAME: Alternate Revan Romances REDUX.7z
LATEST VERSION: 4.2
CONTACT: E-mail to leilukin@outlook.com, or message to Leilukin on Deadly Stream

PLEASE READ THROUGH THE MOD INFO ON THIS PAGE AND THE FAQ ARTICLE FOR MY KOTOR SAME-GENDER ROMANCE MODS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

1. DESCRIPTION:

In KotOR II: TSL, players are given options to set Revan's gender and alignment during the first conversation with Atton on Peragus. However, the game always assumes a male Revan is romantically involved with Bastila, while female Revan is romantically involved with Carth.

In March 2015, felixfelicitas released his Alternate Revan Romances mod to remedy that problem. His mod allowed players to set Revan's love interest(s), or lack thereof, and the rest of the game will have different variations of dialogue to reflect that change. Most notably, Bastila can be chosen as female Revan's love interest, and Carth can be chosen as male Revan's love interest.

Unfortunately, the original mod also had multiple bugs, including game-breaking ones. After becoming a modder myself, I had been trying to fix the bugs with felixfelicitas' mod, and was eventually successful. With felixfelicitas' permission, I release this updated version of the Alternate Revan Romances mod.

Changes since the 2.0 version of felixfelicitas' original mod:

• Many bug fixes, including fixing the game-breaking issue with the 904kreia.dlg file from the original mod
  • The WAV files of the custom VOs have been converted to MP3 format to make this mod compatible with the Steam version of TSL
  • Tweaked the dialogue options to choose Revan's love interest(s)
  • Improved compatibility with the latest version of The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM)
  • Restructured the installation process of the mod by setting up TSLPatcher to patch relevant dialogue files instead of replacing dialogue files to improve compatibility with other mods.

Starting from version 4.0, Alternate Revan Romances REDUX also provides an optional add-on to make Juhani actually appear in the TSL game, with fully-voiced new dialogue, if you choose her as Revan’s love interest, remedying the fact that Juhani gets zero content in the entire TSL game even in cut content. Note that Juhani is available as a romance option for female Revan only.

Content from the Juhani cameo add-on:

•  Juhani will leave hologram message to T3, with variations depending on Revan’s alignment.
  •  If Revan is light side, Juhani will appear and have a brief conversation with Carth after Carth’s meeting with the player post-Ravager. If both Juhani and Bastila are chosen as Revan’s love interests, Juhani and Bastila will show up together in this scene.
  • Kreia will reference Juhani in the ending when the player asks Kreia about Revan.

Juhani’s texture and model are ported from KotOR 1, while the voice-overs of the new dialogue from this add-on were AI-generated: Juhani’s new voice lines were generated by xVASynth, an AI speech synthesis app developed for video game character voices, while Kreia’s new voice line was generated by XTTS from Caqui AI. Special thanks to HappyPenguin from the xVASynth Discord server for helping to train Juhani and Kreia’s voice models for xVASynth, as well as generating Kreia’s voice with XTTS, so I can make all the new dialogue fully-voiced.

Please note that this mod is ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE ENGLISH VERSION OF TSL AND TSLRCM. I do not provide support for non-English versions of TSL and TSLRCM.

2. INSTALLATION:

First and foremost, make sure you have The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) installed since TSLRCM is REQUIRED for this mod to work.

!! ATTENTION!! STEAM USERS: If you play KotOR 2 on Steam, DO NOT USE THE STEAM WORKSHOP VERSION OF TSLRCM if you want to use this mod! Instead, use the installer (.exe) version of TSLRCM, which can be downloaded from Deadly Stream here.

I recommend reading this Deadly Stream post on why Steam Workshop is NOT recommended for modding KotOR 2.

Download and extract the Alternate Revan Romances REDUX.7z archive to you downloaded to anywhere you like, as long as it is not within the KoOR 2 directory.

Run Install.exe, select one of the two “Main Installation” options depending on if you have installed M4-78 Enhancement Project (M4-78EP) or not. Once you have chosen the installation option you want, and select your KotOR 2 game folder as your KotOR 2 directory path, click the “Install” button and let the installer do its job.

JUHANI CAMEO ADD-ON:
If you want to install the add-on to make Juhani appear in the game if you choose her as Revan’s love interest, after installing any of the “Main Installation” options of this mod, select one of the two “ADD-ON: Juhani Cameo” options depending on if you have installed M4-78 Enhancement Project (M4-78EP) or not, then select your KotOR 2 directory path, and click the “Install” button.Make sure you have installed the “Main Installation” component of the mod before installing this add-on.

When you install this mod, two new folders named "backup" and “uninstall” will be created by the installer in the same folder as the installer. Do not delete the folders or any of the files within the folder if you are planning on uninstalling this mod.

The "Source" folder includes the source of the scripts used by this mod for modders' reference. Ignore the "Source" folder if you only want to install and play this mod.

3. UNINSTALLATION:

Open Install.exe and select your KotOR 2 directory where you installed this mod. From the “Tools” dropdown menu, select “Uninstall Mod / Restore Backup”, then confirm to uninstall the mod.

If you have also installed the Juhani Cameo add-on, it will uninstall the add-on first. After uninstalling the add-on, you need to select Yes to delete the most recent backup folder, then select “Uninstall Mod / Restore Backup” from the dropdown menu again to uninstall the main part of the mod.

4. PLAYING INSTRUCTIONS:

For the best experience with this mod, it's recommended to have a completely new TSL playthrough.

During your first conversation with Atton on Peragus, after setting Revan's alignment and gender, you will be given dialogue options to set Revan's love interest(s). Regardless of Revan's gender and alignment, you can choose Bastila, Carth, or both as Revan's love interest(s). If you set Revan as female, you will also get the option to choose Juhani as Revan's love interest. If Revan is both light side and female, you can choose any combination of Juhani, Bastila and Carth as Revan’s love interests.

Alternately, you can even choose to make Revan not having any love interest.

If you install this mod after playing past the initial conversation with Atton, and still want to customize Revan's romance choice, you can change it by using the KotOR Savegame Editor (KSE). Create a new save after installing this mod. Open KSE, expand a save file, and look for Globals > Booleans. At the bottom of the list of global booleans, there should be three new options:

• llk_revrom_bast — Checks if Bastila is chosen to be Revan’s love intrest
  • llk_revrom_carth — Checks if Carth is chosen to be Revan’s love interest
  • llk_revrom_juh — Checks if Juhani is chosen to be Revan’s love interest

Select any of these global booleans, then select “Yes” or “No”, click the “Apply” button, and click the “Commit Changes” button.

NOTE: Even if you set Juhani as Revan’s love interest during your first conversation with Atton or in KSE, you must install the Juhani cameo add-on to make Juhani appear in the game. On the other hand, you will not get any of Juhani’s content if you do not set Juhani as Revan’s love interest, even if you have installed the add-on.

5. KNOWN ISSUES:

None currently known. If you find any bugs or problems, please let me know.

6. MOD COMPATIBILITY:

Apart from TSLRCM, which is required for this mod to work, any other mods that modify any of the following content may conflict with this mod:

• T3-M4's main dialogue (t3m4.dlg)
  • Atton's initial conversation on Peragus (101atton.dlg)
  • Dialogue of Carth's meeting after the Ravager (carthend.dlg)
  • Kreia's endgame dialogue (904kreia.dlg)

I have set up the installer to install this mod by patching the relevant dialogue files to improve compatibility with other content mods as much as possible, but it is still not guaranteed to be compatible with every other mods that modify the same files.

If you want to use M4-78 Enhancement Project (M4-78EP), you need to install M4-78EP first, then select the “M4-78EP Compatible” option(s) when you install my mod.

If you want to use my Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance, you must install this mod first, then you must choose one of the “Alternate Revan Romances REDUX Compatible” option when you install Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance.

you must install this mod after Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance.

If you want to use DarthTyren’s PartySwap and/or my Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance, you need to install this mod after PartySwap and/or my Handmaiden/Disciple same-gender romance mod.

The Juhani Cameo Add-on of this mod is compatible with KotOR 1 mods that modify Juhani’s textures (in TGA, TPC or DDS format), but not compatible with KotOR 1 mods that modify Juhani’s models (in MDL and MDX format) unless they are ported to TSL.

7. PERMISSION:

You may modify this mod for your personal use. However, if you want to use any files from this mod for your own mod, please ask for my permission before releasing your mod. If I give you permission for it, you must credit me and the original author felixfelicitas when you release your mod.

If you want to create your own mod that makes Juhani appear in TSL, I have uploaded the ported Juhani textures and models separately as part of my Missing K1 Party Member Ports for TSL modder’s resource, which also includes a character template file (in UTC format) that allows you to spawn Juhani as an NPC.

If you want to create new voice-overs for Juhani or Kreia with xVASynth, you may download their voice models from the following links, and drop the models into your xVASynth directory:

I do not use nor support Steam Workshop, so I do not wish any of my mods to be uploaded to Steam Workshop.

8. CREDITS:

felixfelicitas for making the original Alternate Revan Romances mod, as well as giving me the permission to use, update and re-upload his mod
HappyPenguin for helping to train Juhani’s voice models for xVASynth and generating Kreia’s new voice line with XTTS
Fred Tetra for the KotOR Tool
Cortisol for Holocron Toolset
tk102 for DLG Editor
JdNoa for DeNCS KotOR Script Decompiler and KotOR Lipsynch Editor
KobaltBlu for KotOR Scripting Tool
bead-v for MDLedit
Cortisol and th3w1zard1 for HoloPatcher

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NEITHER THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES NOR THE AUTHOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/26/2017
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

If we choose Juhani as female Revan's love interest, will Kreia mention her?

And is this mod compatible with PartySwap, as they both edit 904kreia.dlg?

Could you do another version of the installer please? It really, really doesn't need all the info that the README provides- especially since I use none of the mods the compatibility patches are designed for; it just takes up space.

Alternate Revan Romances (UPDATED)
------------------------------------------

UPDATED BY: Leilukin
FILE NAME: Altrevrom_updated.zip
LATEST VERSION: 3.0
Leilukin on Deadly Stream

1) DESCRIPTION:
In KotOR II: TSL, players are given options to set Revan's gender and alignment during the first conversation with Atton on Peragus. However, the game always assumes a male Revan is romantically involved with Bastila, while female Revan is romantically involved with Carth.

In March 2015, felixfelicitas released his Alternate Revan Romances mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/43) to remedy that problem. His mod allowed players to set Revan's love interest(s), or lack thereof, and the rest of the game will have different variations of dialogue to reflect that change. Most notably, Bastila can be chosen as female Revan's love interest, and Carth can be chosen as male Revan's love interest.

Unfortunately, the original mod also had various bugs, including game-breaking ones. After becoming a modder myself, I had been trying to figure out how to fix the bugs with felixfelicitas' mod, and I was eventually successful. With felixfelicitas' permission, now I release my updated version of the Alternate Revan Romances mod.

⦁ Many bug fixes, including fixing the game-breaking issue with the 904kreia.dlg file from the original mod
⦁ The WAV files of the custom VOs have been converted to MP3 format to make this mod compatible with the Steam version of TSL
⦁ Tweaked the dialogue options to choose Revan's love interest(s)
⦁ Added an option to refer both Bastila and Juhani as Light Side Female Revan's love interests
⦁ Increased compatibility with the latest version of The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM)

2) INSTALLATION:
First and foremost, make sure you have The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) installed since TSLRCM is REQUIRED for this mod to work.

Extract the Altrevrom_updated.zip you downloaded to anywhere you like, as long as it is not within the KoOR 2 directory.

Run altrevrominstall.exe, point the installer to your KotOR 2 directory and let the installer do its magic.

NOTE: During installation, a new folder named "backup" will be created by TSLPatcher in the same folder as the TSLPatcher. Do not delete the folder or any of the files within the folder if you are planning on uninstalling this mod.

3) UNINSTALLATION:
STEP 1: Go to the "backup" folder created by the TSLPatcher from this mod, cut and paste globalcat.2da, hk47.dlg and t3m4.dlg into your Override folder.

STEP 2: Go to your Override folder, delete a_createk1cnpcs.ncs, 101atton.dlg, 904kreia.dlg, carthend.dlg, 101101atton116 as well as .lip files starting from 221carthend111.lip to 221carthend152.lip, from 904904kreia300.lip to 904904kreia303.lip, and from gblt3m4501.lip to gblt3m4518.lip.

STEP 3: Go to your game's StreamVoice\101\101atton directory, and delete 101101ATTON116.mp3. Go to your game's StreamVoice\221\carthend directory, and delete .mp3 files starting from 221carthend111.mp3 to 221carthend152.mp3. Go to your game's StreamVoice\904\904KREIA directory, and delete .mp3 files starting from 904904KREIA300.mp3 to 904904KREIA303.mp3. Go to your game's StreamVoice\GBL\T3M4 directory, and delete .mp3 files starting from gblt3m4501.mp3 to gblt3m4518.mp3.

4) PLAYING INSTRUCTIONS:
For the best experience with this mod, it's recommended to have a completely new TSL playthrough.

During your first conversation with Atton on Peragus, after setting Revan's alignment and gender, you'll be given dialogue options to set Revan's love interest(s). Regardless of Revan's gender and alignment, you can choose Bastila, Carth, or both as Revan's love interest(s). If you set Revan as a Light Side Female, you will also get the option to choose Juhani, or both Juhani and Bastila as Revan's love interest(s).

NOTE: Even though this mod provides dialogue options to refer Juhani as a potential love interest for a Light Side Female Revan, there will not be any extra content for Juhani for the rest of the game.

5) KNOWN ISSUES:

6) MOD COMPATIBILITY:
Apart from TSLRCM, which is required for this mod to work, any other mods that modify HK-47'a main dialogue file (hk47.dlg), T3-M4's main dialogue file (t3m4.dlg), Atton's initial conversation on Peragus (101atton.dlg), dialogue of Carth's meeting after the Ravager (carthend.dlg) or Kreia's endgame dialogue (904kreia.dlg) are not compatible with this mod.

7) PERMISSION:
You may modify this mod for your personal use. However, if you want to use any files from this mod for your own mod, please ask for my permission before releasing your mod. If I give you permission for it, I request that you credit me and the original author felixfelicitas when you release your mod.

I do not use nor support Steam Workshop, so I do not wish any of my mods to be uploaded to Steam Workshop.

8) CREDITS:
felixfelicitas for making the original Alternate Revan Romances mod as well as giving me permission to use, update and reupload his mod.
The entire TSLRCM team for developing TSLRCM.
Fred Tetra for the KotOR Tool.
tk102 for DLG Editor.
Stoffe for TSLPatcher.

9) CHANGLOG:
3.0 - First update for Alternate Revan Romances done by Leilukin
2.0 - Second release of the original mod by felixfelicitas
1.0 - Initial release of the original mod by felixfelicitas

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NEITHER THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES NOR THE AUTHOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Something like what's within the spoiler, I've corrected some spelling errors also.

If we choose Juhani as female Revan's love interest, will Kreia mention her?

And is this mod compatible with PartySwap, as they both edit 904kreia.dlg?

The mod description already have answers to both your questions:

"NOTE: Even though this mod provides dialogue options to refer Juhani as a potential love ineterest for a Light Side Female Revan, there will not be any extra content for Juhani for the rest of the game."

"Among the popular TSL mods, Extended Enclave and PartySwap have also modifed the 904kreia.dlg file. Installing this mod will overwrite the changes made by either mod. However, there should be no game breaking issues if either mod is used alongside this mod."

If you want a more accurate answer: No, Kreia will not mention Juhani. In fact, Juhani is not mentioned at all by anyone in TSL. Since both PartySwap and this mod modify 904kreia.dlg, technically they are not 100% compatible, but I have examined the 904kreia.dlg file modified by PartySwap, and there shouldn't be any game-breaking issue if both mods are used at the same time.

Could you do another version of the installer please? It really, really doesn't need all the info that the README provides- especially since I use none of the mods the compatibility patches are designed for; it just takes up space.

Alternate Revan Romances (UPDATED)

UPDATED BY: Leilukin

FILE NAME: Altrevrom_updated.zip

LATEST VERSION: 3.0

Leilukin on Deadly Stream

1) DESCRIPTION:

In March 2015, felixfelicitas released his Alternate Revan Romances mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/43) to remedy that problem. His mod allowed players to set Revan's love interest(s), or lack thereof, and the rest of the game will have different variations of dialogue to reflect that change. Most notably, Bastila can be chosen as female Revan's love interest, and Carth can be chosen as male Revan's love interest.

Unfortunately, the original mod also had various bugs, including game-breaking ones. After becoming a modder myself, I had been trying to figure out how to fix the bugs with felixfelicitas' mod, and I was eventually successful. With felixfelicitas' permission, now I release my updated version of the Alternate Revan Romances mod.

⦁ Many bug fixes, including fixing the game-breaking issue with the 904kreia.dlg file from the original mod

⦁ The WAV files of the custom VOs have been converted to MP3 format to make this mod compatible with the Steam version of TSL

⦁ Tweaked the dialogue options to choose Revan's love interest(s)

⦁ Added an option to refer both Bastila and Juhani as Light Side Female Revan's love interests

⦁ Increased compatibility with the latest version of The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM)

2) INSTALLATION:

Extract the Altrevrom_updated.zip you downloaded to anywhere you like, as long as it is not within the KoOR 2 directory.

Run altrevrominstall.exe, point the installer to your KotOR 2 directory and let the installer do its magic.

NOTE: During installation, a new folder named "backup" will be created by TSLPatcher in the same folder as the TSLPatcher. Do not delete the folder or any of the files within the folder if you are planning on uninstalling this mod.

3) UNINSTALLATION:

STEP 1: Go to the "backup" folder created by the TSLPatcher from this mod, cut and paste globalcat.2da, hk47.dlg and t3m4.dlg into your Override folder.

STEP 2: Go to your Override folder, delete a_createk1cnpcs.ncs, 101atton.dlg, 904kreia.dlg, carthend.dlg, 101101atton116 as well as .lip files starting from 221carthend111.lip to 221carthend152.lip, from 904904kreia300.lip to 904904kreia303.lip, and from gblt3m4501.lip to gblt3m4518.lip.

STEP 3: Go to your game's StreamVoice\101\101atton directory, and delete 101101ATTON116.mp3. Go to your game's StreamVoice\221\carthend directory, and delete .mp3 files starting from 221carthend111.mp3 to 221carthend152.mp3. Go to your game's StreamVoice\904\904KREIA directory, and delete .mp3 files starting from 904904KREIA300.mp3 to 904904KREIA303.mp3. Go to your game's StreamVoice\GBL\T3M4 directory, and delete .mp3 files starting from gblt3m4501.mp3 to gblt3m4518.mp3.

4) PLAYING INSTRUCTIONS:

During your first conversation with Atton on Peragus, after setting Revan's alignment and gender, you'll be given dialogue options to set Revan's love interest(s). Regardless of Revan's gender and alignment, you can choose Bastila, Carth, or both as Revan's love interest(s). If you set Revan as a Light Side Female, you will also get the option to choose Juhani, or both Juhani and Bastila as Revan's love interest(s).

NOTE: Even though this mod provides dialogue options to refer Juhani as a potential love interest for a Light Side Female Revan, there will not be any extra content for Juhani for the rest of the game.

5) KNOWN ISSUES:

6) MOD COMPATIBILITY:

Apart from TSLRCM, which is required for this mod to work, any other mods that modify HK-47'a main dialogue file (hk47.dlg), T3-M4's main dialogue file (t3m4.dlg), Atton's initial conversation on Peragus (101atton.dlg), dialogue of Carth's meeting after the Ravager (carthend.dlg) or Kreia's endgame dialogue (904kreia.dlg) are not compatible with this mod.

7) PERMISSION:

You may modify this mod for your personal use. However, if you want to use any files from this mod for your own mod, please ask for my permission before releasing your mod. If I give you permission for it, I request that you credit me and the original author felixfelicitas when you release your mod.

8) CREDITS:

felixfelicitas for making the original Alternate Revan Romances mod as well as giving me permission to use, update and reupload his mod.

The entire TSLRCM team for developing TSLRCM.

Fred Tetra for the KotOR Tool.

tk102 for DLG Editor.

Stoffe for TSLPatcher.

9) CHANGLOG:

3.0 - First update for Alternate Revan Romances done by Leilukin

2.0 - Second release of the original mod by felixfelicitas

1.0 - Initial release of the original mod by felixfelicitas

Something like what's within the spoiler, I've corrected some spelling errors also.

The compatibility patches aren't included in the installer - you need to manually install the patches yourself after running the installer, so there's no need to make an extra version of the installer.

I may cut some information out from the installer if ever I update the mod. When will this mod be updated depending on if there's anyone reporting any bugs with this mod. Updating a mod just to change the installer info is not really worth it.

It's unlikely I will cut out the information about compatibility patches though. I put that info in the installer to remind anyone who use any of the mods the compatibility patches are designed for they need to install those patches after installing with the TSLPatcher. You may not use either mod, but there are are others who do.

1. The compatibility patches aren't included in the installer - you need to manually install the patches yourself after running the installer, so there's no need to make an extra version of the installer.

2. I may cut down some information from the installer if ever I update the mod. When will this mod be updated depending on if there's anyone reporting any bugs with this mod. Updating a mod just to change the installer info is not really worth it.

3. It's unlikely I will cut out the information about compatibility patches though. I put that info in the installer to remind anyone who use any of the mods the compatibility patches are designed for they need to install those patches after installing with the TSLPatcher. You may not use either mod, but there are are others who do.

1. I know.

2. I disagree.

3. C'mon really? They have the README, your previous mod didn't list a ton of compatibility patches in the installer. It's much cleaner and nicer to use.

Particularly it raises questions to anybody that downloads my google drive, or even myself later on if I forget.

If you're still staunchly against editing this.

You said in the installer that anyone could edit this mod for personal use, so what program would I use to edit the description (wall of text) in the TSLPatcher/installer?

2. I disagree.

3. Your previous mod didn't list a ton of compatibility patches in the installer.

If you're still staunchly against editing this.

You said in the installer that anyone could edit this mod for personal use, so what program would I use to edit the description (wall of text) in the TSLPatcher/installer?

2. Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree then. Perhaps it's because of different perspectives as a modder and a non-modder, but for me, mod updates are for fixing bugs and issues that will affect your gameplay and/or adding more content to the mod. Installer info doesn't affect your game so editing installer info alone is too minor to worth an update.

3. May I ask what's the "previous mod" you referred to? A lot of my previous mods have been updated recently, and I didn't cut out information about compatibility patches from the installer info in these updates. If I ever cut something out in the previous version, I've forgotten about it.

The file for the installer info is the info.rtf within the "tslpatchdata". Since it's in .rtf format, if you want to edit it, just WordPad (if you use Windows) or TextEdit (if you use Mac) will do.

2. Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree then. Perhaps it's because of different perspectives as a modder and a non-modder, but for me, mod updates are for fixing bugs and issues that will affect your gameplay and/or adding more content to the mod. Installer info doesn't affect your game so editing installer info alone is too minor to worth an update.

3. May I ask what's the "previous mod" you referred to? A lot of my previous mods have been updated recently, and I didn't cut out information about compatibility patches from the installer info in these updates. If I ever cut something out in the previous version, I've forgotten about it.

The file for the installer info is the info.rtf within the "tslpatchdata". Since it's in .rtf format, if you want to edit it, just WordPad (if you use Windows) or TextEdit (if you use Mac) will do.

3. You didn't cut anything out. It was the Disciple & Handmaiden mod, the installer was just cleaner. 

Thank you!

The mod description already have answers to both your questions:

"NOTE: Even though this mod provides dialogue options to refer Juhani as a potential love ineterest for a Light Side Female Revan, there will not be any extra content for Juhani for the rest of the game."

"Among the popular TSL mods, Extended Enclave and PartySwap have also modifed the 904kreia.dlg file. Installing this mod will overwrite the changes made by either mod. However, there should be no game breaking issues if either mod is used alongside this mod."

If you want a more accurate answer: No, Kreia will not mention Juhani. In fact, Juhani is not mentioned at all by anyone in TSL. Since both PartySwap and this mod modify 904kreia.dlg, technically they are not 100% compatible, but I have examined the 904kreia.dlg file modified by PartySwap, and there shouldn't be any game-breaking issue if both mods are used at the same time.

The compatibility patches aren't included in the installer - you need to manually install the patches yourself after running the installer, so there's no need to make an extra version of the installer.

I may cut some information out from the installer if ever I update the mod. When will this mod be updated depending on if there's anyone reporting any bugs with this mod. Updating a mod just to change the installer info is not really worth it.

It's unlikely I will cut out the information about compatibility patches though. I put that info in the installer to remind anyone who use any of the mods the compatibility patches are designed for they need to install those patches after installing with the TSLPatcher. You may not use either mod, but there are are others who do.

So, if Revan lived słone or romanced with Juhani, Kreia won't speak anything about his love interests?

I don't know if Extended Enlcave really needs a compatibility patch, but PartySwap probably does, as Kreia won't mention both Handmaiden and the Disciple, just the companion usual for player's gender then, I guess. Not game-breaking, but a bit immersion-breaking.

So, if Revan lived słone or romanced with Juhani, Kreia won't speak anything about his love interests?

I don't know if Extended Enlcave really needs a compatibility patch, but PartySwap probably does, as Kreia won't mention both Handmaiden and the Disciple, just the companion usual for player's gender then, I guess. Not game-breaking, but a bit immersion-breaking.

If Revan romances Juhani, romances both Bastila and Carth, or has no romance, Kreia's line will be "they do not understand war as Revan did". That change was made by the original Alternate Revan Romances mod, and I keep it because "they" could be referring to any of Revan's party members.

I had actually modified the 904kreia.dlg to make it possible for Kreia to mention both Handmaiden and the Disciple if you recruit both, but I didn't add any gender check to Kreia's line about the Disciple/Handmaiden "cannot help but love you" like PartySwap does, and I won't add gender checks to those lines either.

Hey, wanted to ask, the hologram T3 is supposed to play isn't triggering for Bastila romancing LS Revan. The conversation just cuts and closes at that point. Is there a workaround to this? A dialogue file I could add or modify somewhere? 

On 7/17/2020 at 8:23 AM, Jaq2Face said:

Hey, wanted to ask, the hologram T3 is supposed to play isn't triggering for Bastila romancing LS Revan. The conversation just cuts and closes at that point. Is there a workaround to this? A dialogue file I could add or modify somewhere? 

By "the T3 hologram for Bastila and LS Fem Revan not playing and simply closing the conversation", did you mean Bastila's hologram did not appear at all? Are you playing KotOR 2 on Steam? Aside from TSLRCM and my Alternate Revan Romances, are you using any other mods? How did you start the conversation with T3 to get the part where you're supposed to trigger Bastila's hologram: By asking T3 "How did you get there" (which requires Intelligence check) or "What's wrong with the astrogation system?"

On 7/18/2020 at 3:59 AM, Leilukin said:

By "the T3 hologram for Bastila and LS Fem Revan not playing and simply closing the conversation", did you mean Bastila's hologram did not appear at all? Are you playing KotOR 2 on Steam? Aside from TSLRCM and my Alternate Revan Romances, are you using any other mods? How did you start the conversation with T3 to get the part where you're supposed to trigger Bastila's hologram: By asking T3 "How did you get there" (which requires Intelligence check) or "What's wrong with the astrogation system?"

- Correct, Bastila's hologram does not appear at all
- Yes, I am using steam, and based on the hard-to-miss warning about using that installation for the RCM that I decided to chance, that could very well be the source of the issue. 
- I am using several appearance/texture-change mods to make the companion characters and a few of the outfits look different, including T3. 
- I initially used the Intelligence check, though I have attempted to access the hologram via both parts and both result in the same issue: the conversation progresses naturally until my character asks T3 to play the hologram, at which point it does not appear and the conversation closes. Not exactly a game-breaking issue, I was just wondering if you had an idea of something I could tweak in the files, maybe a certain dialogue that just didn't get overriden properly. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me! 

14 minutes ago, Jaq2Face said:

- Yes, I am using steam, and based on the hard-to-miss warning about using that installation for the RCM that I decided to chance, that could very well be the source of the issue.

Are you saying you still chose to use the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM, even though my mod description and ReadMe has explicitly warned against it? Did you install my mod to the Steam Workshop folder of TSLRCM?

The mod has not been posted or re-uploaded anywhere it isn't supposed to be if that's what you're asking. But yes, I did attempt to install the mod using the workshop version of the RCM - I did want to see if it was possible to get the mod working without having to install an entirely new RCM. If there's nothing that can be done about it, I understand. As I said, I only wanted to know if there was something I might alter manually in the game files that could rectify the issue, which was relatively minor. 

6 minutes ago, Jaq2Face said:

The mod has not been posted or re-uploaded anywhere it isn't supposed to be if that's what you're asking. But yes, I did attempt to install the mod using the workshop version of the RCM - I did want to see if it was possible to get the mod working without having to install an entirely new RCM. If there's nothing that can be done about it, I understand. As I said, I only wanted to know if there was something I might alter manually in the game files that could rectify the issue, which was relatively minor. 

I put that warning against using the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM for a reason. I suggest you read this on why using Steam Workshop is NOT recommended:

This is why I do not use the Steam Workshop, and I will not provide support for Steam Workshop. If you encounter bugs because you are using the Steam Workshop, tweaking a few files does not guarantee you won't encounter any more bugs, so I suggest you just reinstall KotOR 2, use the installer version of TSLRCM instead and reinstall my mod and other mods you want to use. Installing manually may sound like a hassle but that is the best way to avoid bugs and conflicts.

• Like 2

So I can't get this mod to work with Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance, I've tried installing them with both this mod and the Atton one first and neither functions bc they both mod his dialogue when u meet him on the Peragus station. I'm wondering if there's a way around this or a patch fix planned.

EDIT I've noticed that there is actually a compatibility patch fixing this that comes with the Atton mod, but since it's not actually listed on the page for Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance I had no idea it was there or even necessary because under the compatibility section it simply says that the mods are compatible.

Edited by Biomancer929

9 hours ago, Biomancer929 said:

So I can't get this mod to work with Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance, I've tried installing them with both this mod and the Atton one first and neither functions bc they both mod his dialogue when u meet him on the Peragus station. I'm wondering if there's a way around this or a patch fix planned.

EDIT I've noticed that there is actually a compatibility patch fixing this that comes with the Atton mod, but since it's not actually listed on the page for Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance I had no idea it was there or even necessary because under the compatibility section it simply says that the mods are compatible.

Did you download and install the latest versions of my mods? What was the version number of my mods you installed? Did you install Version A or Version B of my Atton romance mod? My Atton romance mod was recently updated to version 1.3.1 to fix Version A's game-breaking issue with Atton's dialogue on Peragus.

The old versions of my Atton romance mod used to have a compatibility patch for Alternate Revan Romances, but I have restructured the installation process of both Alternate Revan Romances and Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance mod by making the TSLPatcher patch the relevant dialogue files instead of replacing dialogue files, so compatibility patches between the two mods are no longer needed. If you use an old version of my mods, you need to download and install the latest version of my mods.

Also, when you report an issue with a mod, it would be helpful if you provide more details about your issues than just "mod doesn't work": what exactly was the problem you encountered, and how did your problem happen that made you certain the mod does not work? Are you using any other mods?

On 8/24/2022 at 2:37 AM, Leilukin said:

Did you download and install the latest versions of my mods? What was the version number of my mods you installed? Did you install Version A or Version B of my Atton romance mod? My Atton romance mod was recently updated to version 1.3.1 to fix Version A's game-breaking issue with Atton's dialogue on Peragus.

The old versions of my Atton romance mod used to have a compatibility patch for Alternate Revan Romances, but I have restructured the installation process of both Alternate Revan Romances and Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance mod by making the TSLPatcher patch the relevant dialogue files instead of replacing dialogue files, so compatibility patches between the two mods are no longer needed. If you use an old version of my mods, you need to download and install the latest version of my mods.

Also, when you report an issue with a mod, it would be helpful if you provide more details about your issues than just "mod doesn't work": what exactly was the problem you encountered, and how did your problem happen that made you certain the mod does not work? Are you using any other mods?

ok I just found out I'd been using old versions of the files, but when I try the new ones it gives us both the male and female options regardless of what you say Revan's gender was, and then it skips to the conversation where Atton talks about you not having a family and gives you a commlink even though you're not at that point yet and he's still in the cage. Oh and I'm playing on the steam version of the game and am trying to make Option B work for the Atton mod.

UPDATE so I think I actually got the mods to work together since the "my eyes are up here" response when you first enter the jail on pragus isn't there and the revan romances are available as normal, I just had to install the Atton mod after the Revan one. I still appreciate you getting back to me to help with this though.

Edited by Biomancer929
correcting a mistake

2 hours ago, Biomancer929 said:

ok I just found out I'd been using old versions of the files, but when I try the new ones it gives us both the male and female options regardless of what you say Revan's gender was, and then it skips to the conversation where Atton talks about you not having a family and gives you a commlink even though you're not at that point yet and he's still in the cage. Oh and I'm playing on the steam version of the game and am trying to make Option B work for the Atton mod.

UPDATE so I think I actually got the mods to work together since the "my eyes are up here" response when you first enter the jail on pragus isn't there and the revan romances are available as normal, I just had to install the Atton mod before the Revan one. I still appreciate you getting back to me to help with this though.

I just tested installing both Alterate Revan Romances and Version B of Atton romance mod again, and I did not encounter the issues you mentioned in your original comment, regardless of the installation order of the two mods. Regardless, I am glad that your problem has been solved.